Prompt 77

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: baeksoo in a secret relationship

Word Count: 5636

 

May 18, 2017 || 10:00 pm

 

It was hot in California but Baekhyun appreciates the cold summer breeze at nights kissing his skin. He can see waves crashing against white sands from the balcony and lights coming from buildings from afar shines. Everything looks beautiful… so breathtaking.

 

Sehun and Kai’s engagement party was amazing – Baekhyun can still hear the music from the clubhouse near the hotel - and it was so lively that happiness is oozing from everywhere he looked. Chanyeol and Jongdae were their usual selves goofing off, Yixing hanging like a koala around Minseok’s arm while Junmyeon smiles and entertains other guests that comes by to congratulate them, along with Kyungsoo, who looks like he’s not tired which he usually look like whenever he’s at parties.

 

Baekhyun’s happy, really, but he couldn’t help but feel a bit of envy at the happy couple. Few steps down the road, that engagement will turn into a wedding. Then a couple more steps, it would turn into moving out from their apartment and locate in a quiet suburban place. And then the next thing, Baekhyun would be surprised to be declared as a godfather to Sehun and Jongin’s future kids.

 

They look so happy together and good and amazing and wow… Baekhyun wonders if he’ll ever meet someone and make him smile like Sehun did whenever he’s with Jongin. It’s been 4 years since he last dated, after all. Hell, his ex, Kasper’s already married to some tall soccer player guy while he’s stuck here… still single.

 

Baekhyun sighs, shifting his foot on the other as he leans over the balcony railing. Well, there’s some people that enjoys being single. Maybe he’ll come to enjoy that as well, who knows?

 

An image of him taking care of 12 cats and dogs in his house popped in his mind that made him frown.

 

He needs to get laid.

 

“Oh, wow. You’re here.” Baekhyun cranes his neck to look at the newcomer and sees Kyungsoo. He looks like he’s been caught red-handed, wide eyes wider than usual and white cigarette pressed between lips. Baekhyun frowns at this. Kyungsoo quickly takes it off. “It’s a metaphor.”

 

“You’re not going to Augustus Waters your way out of this one, Do.”

 

“Well, I haven’t light it up yet so –“ Kyungsoo sighs and hands the death stick to him in defeat when Baekhyun reaches out a hand to take it. “It was just for tonight. You won’t tell Junmyeon-hyung, right?”

 

“Depends.” Baekhyun grins and stuffs it inside his shirt pocket. “And to finally think that I have some dirt on you.”

 

“You wouldn’t.”

 

“Try me and we’ll see.” He laughs when Kyungsoo groans.

 

“Then I’ll just have to keep my eye on you the whole trip.” Kyungsoo takes his place next to him. “I know you wouldn’t anyway. You love me.”

 

“Like I said, Do.” Baekhyun tuts. “Try me.”

 

Kyungsoo laughs at this and settles his gaze at the sea in front of them, crashing waves against waves and waves against sand. The younger looked like he just got out from the party because unlike him, he’s still wearing that semi-formal attire. He looks great – Kyungsoo looks great in white and black – in any other color, actually. He looks great in everything. Baekhyun doesn’t want to admit that, though.

 

“We’re going to London this Friday, right?” Baekhyun breaks the ice. “Junmyeon-hyung said so.” Kyungsoo raised his brows upon hearing this.

 

“What about it?”

 

“Well, I was… hoping you’d agree to be my wingman.” Baekhyun nudges Kyungsoo by the arm. “Chanyeol said that British men gives great oral. I wanted to test that if it’s real or not.” He winks. Kyungsoo snorts. “Come on, it could be fun! I could be your wingman if you want in return. We can like – set each other up with different people. It’ll be so cool!”

 

Kyungsoo raised his brow. “Okay, spit it out, Byun. What’s the problem?”

 

Baekhyun blinks. “Huh?”

 

“Look,” He sighs. “I know there’s something bothering you, it’s so obvious. So I want you to spill it before I make you.” Baekhyun looks at him with brows furrowed, confused and at the same time surprised as to how Kyungsoo can read him like an open book. “Go on,” He gestures with his fingers. “Talk.”

 

“I-uh… I don’t know…” Baekhyun forces a laugh, running his fingers through silver locks. “I don’t know where to start.”

 

So he talked. He spilled every problem, every insecurity Baekhyun is feeling at that moment. He talked about his woes and worries, about how he’s never going to find another man after Kasper and that he’s going to live his miserable life alone until he die.

 

He stopped when he realized he’s rambling. “You know what?” Baekhyun in dismissal. “This is all just bull. I’m just talking like this because of pent up ual frustration.” Baekhyun shrugs. “This is the effect on having no for over 4 years, Do, so –“

 

“I think you look great, Byun.”

 

Baekhyun stills. “H-Huh?”

 

“You look beautiful, handsome, whatever adjective that has a similar meaning as good-looking – You look amazing.” Kyungsoo said, looking into his eyes. Baekhyun swallows hard. “And I have no ing idea where you got those insecurities, but I can assure you that all of those are non-existent.” He said. “You are so breathtaking that if I were to choose, I’d rather stare at you all day than this view in front of me because hell, you’re worth it.”

 

Baekhyun swallows another lump in his throat and another until he can feel his breathing turned ragged.

 

“Baekhyun, you’re –“

 

“Kyungsoo, shut up.” He snaps.

 

Kyungsoo frowns. “But –“

 

“Just shut up,” He pants before closing the distance between them. And Kyungsoo looked like he expected what was going to happen because he immediately melted into the kiss, his arms wrapped around his torso as Baekhyun cradles Kyungsoo’s head in his hands. Kyungsoo’s lips are soft. They taste like cheesecake and wine and it’s amazing – so ing delicious.

 

“We’re taking my room.” Kyungsoo murmurs against his lips. Another kiss. “No objections?” 

 

Baekhyun never shook his head this fast in his entire life.

 

That night had been hot and steamy but the next morning got cold and awkward.

 

Baekhyun wakes up with a jolt when he finds himself and bare next to an equally shaken up Kyungsoo. They’re sporting the same horrified expression once the reality sinks in that yes, they had . And yes, they made that decision both sober and no, they did not use any condoms.

 

Baekhyun was the first one to break the silence.

 

“Let’s not –“

 

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo agrees wholeheartedly.

 

“I mean, your is amazing and everything but –“

 

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo agrees then points at Baekhyun. “Oh, thank you.” Baekhyun smiles in response to that before going back in their awkward state.

 

Another moment of silence before Kyungsoo breaks the silence this time.

 

“I’ll be your wingman in London so let’s not talk about this ever.” Kyungsoo nods to himself. “This happened because at the heat of the moment.”

 

“Heat of the moment.” Baekhyun echoes. “Right.”

 

“I mean, it was cold out but you were hot –“

 

“Oh, thank you.”

 

“Just… stating facts. But,” Kyungsoo raised a finger. “Let’s not let this get in the way of friendship.”

 

“Definitely.”

 

Another silence. Baekhyun clears his throat.

 

“We’re good, right?”

 

Kyungsoo looks at him in the eye and smiles.

 

“We’re good.”

 

Baekhyun responds with a smile of his own.

 

 

 

 

 

Present Day

 

“Kyungsoo-yah, we’re crashing!”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes snapped open and so does Kyungsoo when they heard Chanyeol’s booming voice. They immediately jumped out of the bed, Baekhyun catching the shirt Kyungsoo threw that he recognized as the same one he wore last night. He quickly puts it on in one yank before aggressively opening the drawer to borrow one of Kyungsoo’s boxer shorts. Kyungsoo mutters a curse when his head got stuck in his shirt.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo! You still sleeping?”

 

, it’s Junmyeon.

 

They can hear footsteps coming close to the door. Kyungsoo meets his rattled gaze so in a hurry, Baekhyun runs towards big blue closet and hid there just in time the door opened.

 

“Kyungsoo, why is the fridge empty? I just filled that on Wednesday – oh.” Junmyeon furrows his brows when he sees Kyungsoo standing with nothing but his boxers. A daring one to be exact because it shows the outline of a in his morning wood state. Junmyeon makes a face. “Did you do the laundry with Baekhyun again? Because you kind of switched boxers. I know you don’t…” He gestures at down below causing Kyungsoo to look down and squeak, immediately covering himself with the closest thing next to him which is a fuzzy slipper. “…wear that thing.”

 

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo said, voice pitchy. He clears his throat. “I mean, yeah. We did. It was random. Like darn, I should probably go to that ’s place.” He makes a comical grunt. “Laundry switched again.”

 

Junmyeon blinks twice before nodding. “Yeah, you probably should.” He sounds convinced and very sincere. “You know how Baekhyun is. He could be making a clothes fort, for all I know.” He shrugs. “You better get ready. I’ll make you some breakfast.” He smiles before closing the door upon leaving.

 

When the coast clears, Baekhyun gently opens the door and peeks. “Is it okay to come out?”

 

Kyungsoo locks the door first before nodding. “Yeah, go on.”

 

“Oh, but I’m beginning to like it here, though.” Baekhyun grins. “I’m having fun getting acquainted with your…” He looks around. “…coats.” He meets eyes with Kyungsoo, who’s standing in front of him with a brow slightly raised and a playful smile. “Hi, there.”

 

Kyungsoo giggles. “Hi.”

 

Baekhyun looks up at him from the closet, his hand travelling down Kyungsoo’s pale cute tummy until it stops down the gray familiar boxers. Baekhyun laughs. “You look great in this, babe. Want me to buy you a set?”

 

“Don’t.”

 

“But you look hot in this.” Baekhyun playfully whines. Kyungsoo holds hands and lets the older sway them around. “It could be a good trigger for morning .”

 

Kyungsoo purses his lips. “Tempting, but I can’t walk around the apartment with this.”

 

“Oh, I’d love to see that.” Baekhyun wiggles his brows making Kyungsoo laugh. He leans down to give him a kiss before straightening up. “Junmyeon-hyung and Chanyeol’s in here. I need to make an exit.”

 

“I wanted to make breakfast for you, though.”

 

“We can always get one tomorrow.” Baekhyun stands up and pinches his cheek. “Cutie.” Kyungsoo bites his lower lip in suppressing a lovesick smile.

 

“But how can you leave when Chanyeol and hyung are out there in the kitchen?”

 

The smile on Baekhyun’s face falls.

 

“Oh, .”

 

 

 

 

 

They say you do crazy things when you’re in love.

 

“Oh, my god! Kyungsoo, cover yourself for ’s sake!”

 

“Wow, for a tiny person you sure do have a big .”

 

“Park Chanyeol, this is not a good time for that! Do Kyungsoo!”

 

Baekhyun whispers a sorry to his boyfriend and quietly makes his exit while said man distracts their friends.

 

You do crazy things when you’re in love – a fact tested and proven by Do Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

It wasn’t supposed to happen twice in London, but it did. And it kept happening the third, the fourth, fifth and even until they went home. They purposely even rigged the picking the roommate thing when they moved to another hotel just so that they could share the hotel room.

 

Even before they realized, they’ve grown attached to each other. I mean, they’re already attached before but those tingling tiny sparks whenever they’re sharing skinship around group outings suddenly makes sense.

 

So with an awkward, “Do you want to be official?” from Baekhyun and an equally awkward, “Sure,” from Kyungsoo and they were finally officially in a relationship.

 

The only problem is, they’re having second thoughts telling it to the group.

 

It wouldn’t have been a problem but then there’s this fact that Baekhyun dated half of their friends (Chanyeol, Jongdae, Sehun, Yixing and a one night stand with Minseok) and Junmyeon can be a protective mother to Kyungsoo because duh, baby with an iron fist. Their relationship can turn into a pity party or a massive protect the baby from the monster scenario. He doesn’t want to say that Junmyeon is a scary mother but he is a scary mother. Like that time Kyungsoo dated an older guy, Insung? Yeah, nasty.

 

They shared a mutual understanding on keeping their relationship a secret because then, it wouldn’t cause a scandal when this thing they have going on is a flop and they could remain friends without splitting the group in half.

 

But it’s so hard.

 

“I love you.” Baekhyun smiles against Kyungsoo’s cheek as they danced at the slow music playing gently on Baekhyun’s old cassette player.

 

It’s romantic and it makes his heart pound furiously at the sound of Kyungsoo’s deep voice laughing softly. There’s rose petals scattered everywhere and a Julien Sunier sitting on the pushed coffee table with two wine glasses. Everything looks perfect and amazing that Baekhyun had to cover his mouth to stop himself from screaming when he came home.

 

Kyungsoo hums as a response and lets Baekhyun squeeze him tight as their bodies sway against the beat of some Air Supply song. “I love you too.” They shared a slow kiss before Baekhyun smacks his lips loudly.

 

“They say red wine heightens ual intensity.”

 

Kyungsoo wiggles his brows. “Then let’s finish the whole thing.”

 

Baekhyun giggles and unlatches himself from the younger to get the bottle. But the moment he was about to open the cork, the door opens revealing Sehun and Jongin, who just got back Jeju on an extended celebration weekend getaway.

 

Everything is silent except for Russel Hitchcock singing, “cause you’re every woman in the world to me” in that high note.

 

Jongin blin

Please log in to read the full chapter