Prompt 33

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: baeksoo are princes of neighbor countries but neither of them is the crown prince. They meet a lot during political gatherings and in the end, they end up together.

Word Count: 1983

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t understand the reason why it is necessary for him to come to every gathering that happens once a month. Ever since he was a child, it’s been an everyday occurrence for Kyungsoo to wake up early every fourth and dress up nicely in an uncomfortable three-piece suit and tie to go to this dreadful event. He doesn’t understand why he is needed there. Seungsoo is the heir not him.

 

Besides, if his father purposely did this because he wants him to sway his ambition, it would be impossible. Kyungsoo wanted to be a doctor ever since he was small. Nobody can change his dreams now that it has been finalized.

 

The only problem is: Why can’t they understand that?

 

“Kyungsoo, stop sulking. You’ll get wrinkles. Bad for the face, bro.” His big brother, Seungsoo, pats his cheek and grins cheekily when he received a scowl. “Hey, hey, hey, you should be glad that you’re here. You know, fresh air and all not cooped up in your dark room watching anime reruns.”

 

“I would rather much prefer watching those reruns that be stuck here listening to nonsense.”

 

“That is true.” Seungsoo nods with an approving frown. “But responsibilities comes first, champ. No choice in the end. Besides, you might find this month’s meeting fun.” He gives him a pat on the back before lowering his head to whisper. “Who knows? Maybe you’ll find some eye candy here to go fool around in the bathroom during breaks.”

 

Kyungsoo blushed crimson at those. “What the hell, hyung?”

 

“It’s worth the try, though.” Seungsoo winks and straightens himself up when the other guests have arrived.

 

Immediately, they followed their father, who urges them to greet his long-time friend, the leaders of the neighboring countries: the Byun’s. It was usually the eldest, Baekbom coming with his father. The torture that comes along with it because the two have been the best of friends, similar to their fathers, and would sometimes poke fun of Kyungsoo when they’re bored out of their wits. Kyungsoo grumbles. Great. Here we go again.

 

This time, however, it was different.

 

While their fathers talked privately, Baekbom excuses himself for a minute and appears once again while dragging an unwilling someone.

 

“Look who’s finally here for the party.” Baekbom gives the new guy a little push on the back making said guy stumble a bit forward in front of them. “Guys, I’d like you all to meet my little brother, Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun frowns at his brother but reverted back to his shy and timid demeanor a few moments later. “H-Hi.” He bows his head. “I’m Byun Baekhyun. The second prince of –“

 

“No need to be formal.” Seungsoo chuckles deeply. Baekhyun blushes. “I don’t really care about any of those. While you’re in front of me, I’m just Seungsoo and you’re just Baekhyun. And this…” He hooks his arm around Kyungsoo, who grunts in disapproval for he was this close in escaping. “…is my brother, Kyungsoo. I really hope we can all get along.”

 

“Oh, what a gentleman.”

 

“Shut up, Baekbom.”

 

Baekhyun bows his head once again. “I-It’s really nice to meet you.”

 

Seungsoo smiles. “It’s nice to meet you too, Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun blushes.

 

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes and was contemplating on biting his hyung’s arm to get away. But throughout the whole exchange, Kyungsoo remained trapped in his brother’s strong grip. He blew a raspberry and rolls his eyes. He looks a tiny hamster compared to his brother. He wants to think that he’s still young and that when he reached the age of his brother, he’ll definitely show some masculinity. (He’s hoping.)

 

They were at the balcony as everyone waits for the other royalties to come. That’s when Kyungsoo notices every little thing that Baekhyun does. Like the way he blushes crimson when Seungsoo would holds his elbow when he laughs a little too hard or the way he would rest his hand on his shoulder while talking to Baekbom. (Seungsoo’s touchy, everyone knows that.) At first he thought Baekhyun was just a shy person, but some other reactions were definitely proof that it was because of some other reason.

 

“Hey, the meeting’s starting.” Seungsoo grins. “Would you like to come or would you rather just –“

 

“I’ll stay here.” Baekhyun opens his mouth but was cut off by Kyungsoo. “He’ll keep me company.”

 

Baekbom’s lip curled upwards in amusement. “Well, then. Have fun, kiddos.” He skipped away, leaving Seungsoo, who was still chuckling softly.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll tell father about this. Go and have some air. I think you definitely need it.” He winks and laughs when Kyungsoo scowls at him.

 

Baekhyun looks really pure like an angel but Kyungsoo knows that he’s far from the angel that everyone knows him to be. Because once the two elders were gone, the smile on his face fell into a frown as he looks at Kyungsoo in utter disappointment. However, Kyungsoo also could pull up a fight for he’s not affected by those intimidating looks in the first place. After all, people are always intimidated by him.

 

“I know you like my brother.” Kyungsoo smirks. “I’m not blind.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter