Prompt 73 - c

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: where baekhyun is blind and kyungsoo is too nice for his own good.

Word Count: 3952

 

After that encounter, Baekhyun didn’t contact him in a month.

 

Kyungsoo is confused, of course, because after the whole thing in the kitchen, Baekhyun became touchy. He’s always holding Kyungsoo’s hand, fingertips lingering too close for comfort and he gets easily flustered at any compliment he said. With a promise to call, they exchanged numbers. Kyungsoo, at first, is worried how Baekhyun will contact him but the latter assured him that he has someone who can help him. Though, Kyungsoo’s feelings were obvious, they decided to become friends.

 

But Baekhyun made no move to contact him at all.

 

He wanted to be the first one to reach out, but Baekhyun told him not to because of Sehun. Though he wanted to voice out that Sehun shouldn’t care anymore because of their incoming divorce, he decided not to and just agreed.

 

“Did you gave the ring back?” Jongdae asked one time.

 

“Yeah.” He answered honestly. “Yeah, I did. Then after that, I left.” Kyungsoo sighs and looks at his phone, scrolling through his e-mails. Jongdae is giving him that stink-eye but it did not faze him and keeps his focus. “It was awkward, you know.” He adds. “I’m glad I’m done with that.”

 

“Well, that’s good.” Jongdae answers after a while, sighing as he leans his back against the chair of the restaurant booth. “Kyungsoo, I’m glad that you’ve gone past that, really. But trust me, that person for you? He’s out there. Maybe you haven’t found the right person, yet.”

 

Kyungsoo refreshes his e-mails and sighs. Still nothing.

 

“Maybe.”

 

 

 

 

 

He got a call in three in the morning.

 

It was in the middle of July and there appears to be a low pressure area incoming in South Korea so it was expected for the rain to come knocking on his window around dawn. He wouldn’t have probably felt the vibration of his phone if it wasn’t placed beside his pillow, where he managed to left it when he fell asleep watching animal videos on Facebook.

 

Without looking who’s calling, Kyungsoo answers the call. “Hello?”

 

Upon hearing the familiar voice, Kyungsoo shot up on the bed, eyes wide and red. He even feels a little headache incoming from the sudden movement. “B-Baekhyun?” He checks the caller and yes, it’s indeed Baekhyun. He clears his throat and runs his fingers through his hair over and over. “H-Hi?”

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun whispers on the other line.

 

 “Hi.” Kyungsoo repeats dumbly.

 

He can picture Baekhyun smiling at the other end. “Hey.”

 

There was a long silence that followed like they’re just there enjoying each other’s sound of breathing. But then, Baekhyun probably thought it’s weird because he hears him clear his throat and said. “Hey, so do you mind going somewhere later this morning?”

 

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo nods dumbly, still unable to fully grasp that Baekhyun is talking to him right now. “I mean,” His eyes went wide, shaking his head. “Yes, I don’t mind going somewhere tomorrow.” He laughs, pitchy. “W-Where are we going anyways?”

 

“Just pick me up at Starbucks across Seoul National Bank.” Baekhyun sounds like he’s in a hurry. “I’ll see you there around 2.”

 

“Wait –“ Kyungsoo pulls his phone away when Baekhyun ended the call.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t end up sleeping a wink.

 

 

 

 

 

It was around 1:34 in the afternoon when Kyungsoo parked in front of Starbucks, leaving the car in hazard mode to alert the guards there that he won’t be staying long. Kyungsoo tried to look nice – he wears a gray jumper, his usual blue skinny jeans and white shoes then combed his hair properly, only to get ruined by the harsh wind the moment he stepped out of his apartment building.

 

Before leaving, he practiced smiling against the mirror only to slap himself silly because duh, Baekhyun wouldn’t even see him. Quickly, he got out of the car and scans the tables outside, easily spotting Baekhyun who looks so amazing in his blue dress shirt. But then his smile fell when he sees who he’s with.

 

Kris Wu. His co-worker Kris ing Wu.

 

“Wait, you’re going with him?” Kris has his hands on his hips when they reached him, his frown marring his face so heavily that if gravity was at fault, his face would probably end up falling on the ground. “So the guy you’re telling me is Do Kyungsoo?”

 

Baekhyun looks ahead with brows furrowed, confused. “You two know each other?”

 

“Oh, we…” Kyungsoo nervously smiles. “We work at the same company together.”

 

“Unfortunately.” Kris deadpans.

 

“Oh, wow. What a small world.” Baekhyun giggles and the sound he makes the angels sing. Hell, even Kris Wu smiled. Chanyeol wouldn’t believe him if he told him this. “Kris-hyung is actually my –“

 

“Step-brother.” Kris gruffly answers, turning dark when he shifts his attention back at him. “I’m Baekhyun’s step-brother.” He lifts his chin in an intimidating manner and although Kyungsoo looks intimidating himself, he’s actually scared like a mochi hiding under a rock. “I got curious to this person my brother’s been talking about the past few weeks so I decided to go and meet him. Surprised it was you.”

 

Yes, I feel the same. But Kyungsoo decided against voicing out his thoughts and instead, smiles as a response. On the good side, he’s happy to know that Baekhyun’s been talking about him. (Is that why he keeps on biting his tongue lately? LOL)

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you instead?” Kris looks at his brother and it surprises Kyungsoo how the manager’s aggressive face turned smiley. “I don’t honestly trust him.”

 

“Oh, have a little faith, brother.” Baekhyun smiles at him, turning to his brother’s voice’s direction for guidance. “I know Kyungsoo can take care of me just fine.”

 

It took a moment and a lot of glares sending to Kyungsoo’s way before Kris finally sighs and concedes. “Fine, but call me if you need anything. Hyung promises to be there as soon as possible.” Baekhyun grins and waves his fingers at his brother, which Kris mirrors with a happy smile plastered on his face. He looks really cuddly there until Kris hands Baekhyun over to him that his face transformed into somewhat like a ferocious bear.

 

After Kyungsoo guided Baekhyun inside, Kris pulled him away quietly from a short distance rather roughly and scowls. “Listen, punk. I don’t know what’s going on between you and my brother, but I’m warning you.” He jabs Kyungsoo chest with his finger. “Don’t.” Jab. “Touch.” Jab. “Him.” 

 

Kyungsoo groans in every jab and rubs his chest afterwards.

 

“He’s already got enough with that ing jerk face of a husband. With that divorce prolonging, I don’t think I can take it anymore.” Kris grumbles. “I can’t sock Sehun in the face if Baekhyun keeps on protecting him.”

 

He said it too fast but it was as clear as a day to Kyungsoo. He furrows his brows and stares at Kris in confusion. So they still aren’t separated?

 

“Just don’t try to do anything funny, got it?” Kris scowls before forcefully turning him around and giving him a rough push from behind that got Kyungsoo stumbling forward.

 

When Kyungsoo’s safe inside the confines of his car, he watches as Kris waves at Baekhyun while saying goodbye, beaming in delight when he sees his brother waving back at him as he answers back. It’s really cute seeing another side of the hellish financial manager of the company instead of his usual one back at work. Who knew Kris is a whole lot different person when Baekhyun’s around?

 

“Let me guess,” Baekhyun breaks the silence once Kyungsoo started driving. “Hyung warned you not to touch me, right?”

 

Kyungsoo can’t help the chuckle that came out of his mouth. “Yeah, he did. But it’s okay, really. I think it’s endearing to look at how he looks after you. It brings out another side of him that we didn’t get to see. I think it’s awesome to have a brother like him.” Baekhyun agreed with that.

 

Long moment of silence.

 

“Thinking back, though. Didn’t you already touch me that night when we first met?” Baekhyun smirks.

 

Kyungsoo almost lost control of the wheel upon hearing that, the tips of his ears turning red in embarrassment. And Baekhyun, oh, Baekhyun just threw his head back and laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They went to Baekhyun’s student’s piano recital.

 

The six year old, Min Yoongi, played Grande Valse Brillante flawlessly with a straight face that it awed Kyungsoo how such a tiny little boy would play something so complicated and huge as that piece. Beside him, Baekhyun beams with pride, pointing out a few comments about the parts where Yoongi had difficulty on learning.

 

“He’s such a great young boy.” Baekhyun would whisper. “He’s going far places when he gets older.”

 

“And he wouldn’t have done it without you.” Kyungsoo answers back with a smile. Baekhyun smiles upon hearing this and they continue to watch, their pinkies laced together on the arm rest.

 

When the program was over, Baekhyun was enveloped by two grubby arms wrapped around his knees as he jumps and down enthusiastically squealing how great he is and if Teacher Baek saw his performance when they decided to visit the kid backstage. It was a very cute interaction that Kyungsoo can’t help steal a few candid pictures for remembrance. And like it was second nature, Baekhyun has their pinkies laced again the whole time Yoongi kept on exclaiming about how nervous he was backstage.

 

It wasn’t l

Please log in to read the full chapter