Prompt 54 - a

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: where baeksoo is married but separated.

Word Count: 2675

 

"Baekhyun, it's already four!"

 

Baekhyun, who was entertaining a macho man from the counter, snaps his head towards the clock and runs towards him with a panic stricken look plastered on his face. "Yixing-hyung, take my shift please? I need to go now." There's a pleading look on his face.

 

Yixing nods. "Sure, buddy. But just you know it'll cost you your salary."

 

Baekhyun yells a thanks as he rushes back at the employee room after loosening his bowtie. Yixing smiles and then mans the counter, wiping shot glasses that Baekhyun left behind. Macho man, also known as Choi Siwon, raises his brows in confusion. "Where's Byul going? He's acting weird. He doesn't want me to take him home tonight."

 

Yixing smiles. "Well, tough luck champ. Byul's not available for the whole month."

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun takes heavy breaths as he fingers his hair quickly and smooth down his shirt. No matter what, he needs to look presentable as possible. Baekhyun smiles at the rearview mirror of his car before looking at the sea of people coming from the arrival.

 

It's not that hard to see that familiar mop of styled raven hair with that old fashioned suit and tie hugging his frame. He's carrying two luggages in hand and behind him were two teenage kids in toll. Baekhyun beams and approaches them after locking the car.

 

"Kyungsoo, hi."

 

Kyungsoo smiles. "Hey." Baekhyun leans to give him a chaste kiss on the lips before shifting his eyes at their kids. Baekhyun can't help his heart thundering nervously. It's been five years since he last saw them after all.

 

"Kyungsan, Haesoo. Say hi to Dad." Kyungsoo said in a commanding tone. Almost robotically, the two teens lift their head from the device and gives him half-hearted kisses on his cheek before going back to their business. Baekhyun clears his throat. "Anyways, how's the house?"

 

"I've been keeping it clean and tidy." Baekhyun smiles at his husband. "Have you already eaten?"

 

"How about we go and buy some take out? Come on." Baekhyun takes the other luggage from Kyungsoo's hand as they walk to the car.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun has been with three people all throughout his life.

 

The first one was Kim Minji, his first girlfriend and live-in partner for almost four years. They had one son together but they never married because Minji fell in love with someone else.

 

The next was a business man, Do Kyungsoo. They met at a bar where he's working. After a one night stand, they kept in touch that led to a few more escapades until they started dating and eventually got married. They have two kids, Do Kyungsan and Do Haesoo via surrogate. However, married life hit rock bottom when Baekhyun got involved with bad people that got him cheating on Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's parents hated him because he's useless and a good for nothing guy - depending on Kyungsoo just to get by. They never got divorced after Baekhyun broke down when Kyungsoo asked him for one so they chose to live separately instead. Kyungsoo left the country with the kids to live in Vancouver while he stays at their old home.

 

The last one was the guy he on cheated Kyungsoo, Kris Wu. They never lasted because it's obvious Kris just wanted his body. And Baekhyun in turn admits that his short-lived attraction was all based on lust.

 

After his failed romances, Baekhyun resolved in just living alone and live his usual life working at the bar. He doesn't commit and instead chose to focus on trying to get his first son, Jongin, to a better school by working hard. Despite Jongin living with his mom along with his two step-sisters, Baekhyun's glad that his son and he got a good relationship.

 

Kyungsan and Haesoo, however.

 

After settling down on their old home (which Baekhyun did a rough cleaning a week before) Baekhyun helped Kyungsoo with his things at their old room. He tried to help his children but they brushed him away much to his disappointment.

 

"I'm going to take a shower first." Kyungsoo said as he taps on his phone. "How about you go and fix dinner?"

 

Baekhyun wanted to oblige but it's been so long since he last saw Kyungsoo. Despite their broken relationship, Baekhyun loves Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo loves his work. BUT Kyungsoo cares for him that he knows. Baekhyun openly stares at the prominent abs of his husband after he discarded his dress shirt. Kyungsoo raised a brow.

 

"Don't tell me you want to join me."

 

Baekhyun gives him the puppy look. Kyungsoo sighs. "Fine."

 

Baekhyun wraps his arms around Kyungsoo's torso and kisses him.

 

 

 

 

 

If there's one thing that Baekhyun noticed at dinner, it's the way their children cower in fear at every command Kyungsoo said. Like when Baekhyun asked something about Kyungsan and the boy just straightout ignored him, Kyungsoo scolds him on the spot making Kyungsan socialize with him albeit awkwardly. Haesoo is a bit rebellious but she fears Kyungsoo too so before she get scolded, she do things that will appease him.

 

Baekhyun sighs.

 

They might be affectionate physically but Kyungsoo is a cold person. It's a charm that got Baekhyun to like him in the first place. The way he looks at talks and the way he moves and then knowing that he's the only guy that makes him smile. After marriage up till their separation he never got out of that trait. Even at home, he's still carrying that aura that he's just here for business. Baekhyun can't help but feel sad about this.

 

"Hey, I've been noticing how you treat the children." Baekhyun said that night. Kyungsoo is sitting on his side of the bed while working on a document in his laptop. The bed dips when he sits on his side. "And I don't like it."

 

"They're my children and I can do whatever I want with them. Now leave me alone because I'm working."

 

"They're my children too, you know!"

 

Kyungsoo taps his fingers on the keyboard. "Uh-huh." He said absentmindedly. Baekhyun sighs in frustration.

 

"You are so unfair!" He exclaims. "I've been looking forward for this all my life ever since we agreed that you'd come back every year. I wanted to spend time with you and here you are... working!"

 

"Money doesn't grow on bushes, Baekhyun." Kyungsoo hums and continues with his work. "Go to sleep. You're going to take the kids out tomorrow, right?" Baekhyun just stares wordlessly. "I need to finish this for tomorrow so don't mind me."

 

"You're not coming?"

Please log in to read the full chapter