Prompt 39

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: hey, coconut. write me something futuristic and pure romance . Make me swoon!

Word Count: 2915

 

Kyungsoo awakens in a gasp, sitting up the bed with fingers clenched on white sheets. He wildly looks around and growls at the sight of numerous wires connected to his body. Without thinking, he rips them off, sending an alarm on the room. The white four walled space turned red and he hears a distinct female voice talking in a robotic manner.

 

The door bursts open and people in white enters. Three women and five men that looks like nurses and a doctor screaming. Hands find their way on his wrist to restrain his movements.

 

He panics.

 

“Sir, calm down.” He hears.

 

He shouts and yanks those hands away only to gasp in shock when he sees he finally sees the other half of his body. His breathing turned ragged and his mind is in the midst of turning crazy. Because instead of flesh and blood pumping, it’s steel cold metal. His fingers up to his shoulder turned into some robotic metal arm.

 

Kyungsoo screams.

 

He grabs the first person within grasp and holds her on chokehold. And just like that, the people around him backs away in fear. “What did you do to me?!”

 

“Sir, please calm down.” The doctor behind him said. He motions for the other to call for back-up with his attention still fixed on Kyungsoo. “Please, calm down.”

 

“.” Kyungsoo is near crying. The nurse in his hands is already choking for air. “What did you to me?! I’m…” He looks down on his figure and unconsciously tightens his grip when he looks down and sees that half of his figure is made up of wires and metal. He could practically hear the whirring in his shift of position and it drove him mad.

 

“You’re alive, of course.”

 

All attention turned to the newcomer. Caramel colored hair, rectangular smile and a cheery disposition. His hands were stuffed inside his lab coat pocket. Without fear nor hesitation, he takes a few step forward towards Kyungsoo. “You’re alive and you’re breathing. There’s no problem in that.”

 

He doesn’t know why seeing the man in front of him has him lowering his guard. So with the sudden chance, two men in black uniforms grabbed him by the arm and forces him into submission, the other one helping the probably traumatized nurse to be taken care of. The caramel haired man looks at him with a soft smile before whispering.

 

“Shut down.”

 

Then everything went black.

 

 

 

 

 

He’s less aggressive when he came to for the second time.

 

“Good morning.” It was the man again, but he’s wearing a different shirt underneath the white lab coat. “How was sleep?”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t reply and looks around slowly. He isn’t bound on the bed, but he feels weak like he couldn’t lift half of his body. Kyungsoo turns to the man with a frown. “What did you do to me? What am I doing here? What’s going on?”

 

“Woah, woah, too many questions.” The man laughs. “Unfortunately, I can’t answer all of that.”

 

“Then… can you tell me who you are?”

 

“Ah.” There’s a bitter smile for a fleeting moment before it’s masked in a full bright smile. “Byun Baekhyun. I’m a doctor in this facility you’re staying at.”

 

“A doctor.”

 

“Yes.” He points a finger on his forehead. “And you’re my patient.”

 

“A patient.” He looks around before looking back again at Baekhyun. “How… How long was I out?”

 

“If I tell you, you wouldn’t believe me.”

 

“Please.”

 

Baekhyun looks solemn when he answers. “Five years.” Kyungsoo looks at him in shock. Somehow seeing his expression made Baekhyun chuckle. “And then you woke up three days ago. But you weren’t supposed to so I had to do protocol to knock you out. I wasn’t finished treating you then.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide suddenly remembering that moment. With the remaining energy he has, he takes the sheets off of him and is surprised to see flesh instead of a robotic body. Puzzled, he looks at Baekhyun for answers.

 

“Ah, how I could I put this…” Baekhyun taps his chin with his finger before finally relenting. “Promise me you won’t ask any more questions after this.” Kyungsoo just blinks making Baekhyun sigh. “Well, you’re full name is Do Kyungsoo.”

 

“I know that.”

 

“Right, right.” Baekhyun nods. “And you may not remember it, but you’re actually a soldier fighting against the rebels at the north. You have been for the past 15 years of your life. Trained when you were still young and finally put to the field when you’re in the right age. You actually hated being left out during missions and you find guns fascinating.”

 

“For a doctor, you awfully know a lot about me.” Kyungsoo points out jokingly. However, Baekhyun grew silent to that. Kyungsoo thought he said something out of the line so he called his name in a worried tone. “Baekhyun?”

 

“Ah, I just…” Baekhyun weakly laughs. “Found about those from your colleagues and all and the people that knows you personally.”

 

“Where are they now, then?”

 

“They…” He looks down and intertwine his fingers on his lap. “They’re dead, Kyungsoo. After all, you are the only one who survived the base bombing.”

 

The smile on Kyungsoo’s face froze. “W-What?”

 

“The rebels attacked the north east camp where you and the others were on duty and when they found out that they’re beginning to lose, they bombed it wiping out the entire army as also there’s.” Baekhyun whispers like he’s recalling a distant memory. “You were barely alive when the rescue found you. You were put in custody at the nearby clinic to stabilize you and was brought here for complete healing.”

 

Kyungsoo wanted to speak but he could not dare interrupt Baekhyun. The doctor’s eyes were dazed and hollow, his fingers were now clenched and settled on his lap. “You were declared dead three days after you were diagnosed in a coma. I don’t understand. The bullets were taken care off: one…two… three. But your heart rate is failing and everyone is panicking. I don’t know what to do. I was desperate and –“

 

He snapped back to reality when Kyungsoo places his hand on top of his stiff ones. “Are you all right, Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun stands up abruptly and doesn’t look at him in the eye. “Excuse me for a moment.” And before he could reply, Baekhyun was out by the door, closing the door with a soft click.

 

 

 

 

<< 

 

Baekhyun smiles when he sees Kyungsoo in his favorite uniform – green army shirt and pants and high combat boots. “Look at you.” He coos and helps his fiancée tuck in his shirt in his pants before handing over his bag of clothes. “All ready for duty.”

 

“It’s going to be three months.” Kyungsoo grins. “I’m excited.”

 

“Ah, so excited to get away from me already?”

 

Kyungsoo hums. “Don’t put words in my mouth, Baekhyunnie. You know that’s not true.”

 

The endearment made Baekhyun blush.

 

“Of course, of course.” Baekhyun straightens his shirt, the pad of his fingers trailing down on his lover’s chest slowl

Please log in to read the full chapter