Prompt 73 - a

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: where baekhyun is blind and kyungsoo is too nice for his own good

Word Count: 1879

 

It started last May.

 

The wind is getting harsher, the cold air hitting his face furiously enough to make him snap his eyes shut at the dusts getting in his eyes. Kyungsoo groans at this and rubs them, making a face afterwards. The weather is getting unpredictable these days so he decided that no matter what the weather might be, he’s going to bring an umbrella.

 

It’s a tough week at the office. Usually, his job consist of dozing off his office department, sporting a cup of coffee while listening to old music from the 80’s. But then the system server shut downs and it’s expected for their team to take care of network anomalies. Needless to say, Kyungsoo didn’t get a wink of sleep that time. It wasn’t helping the finance manager, Kris Wu, keeps on barking impatiently about lost time and how they’re so useless and slow. Kyungsoo sighs at the memory.

 

At the feeling of the rain dropping his cheek, Kyungsoo immediately takes out his umbrella and opens it, pushing the button on the handle automatically spreading the top and continues on his way.

 

Kyungsoo has this brooding face on – his normal face, actually that looks like he’s going to sock you in the face just at the mere eye contact. And he oh so tried to change that resting face of his but even flashing a smile only added to that pyscho killer look. As if proving a point, a teenager who managed to stumble himself because of his carelessness just beside Kyungsoo, mutters a curse and looks at him with a glare only to cower in fear when he sees his face and runs. Kyungsoo sighs again.

 

On the positive note, he could use this as a defense weapon.

 

The rain hits the umbrella not soon after but still, the sun is shining brightly hidden among dark grey clouds. Kyungsoo makes a mental note to stock up some food in the fridge tomorrow. A few more days and it’s going to be June, also known as the month of storms. He doesn’t know if he should feel relieved that the exaggerated summer heat would be over or afraid of the incoming calamities hitting Korea.

 

When he arrives at the bus stop post, there he sees a man sitting on the bench, drenched in the rain from head to toe. His brown jacket is sticking in his skin, hair matted down on his forehead as he looks at nowhere in particular. Kyungsoo raised a brow and follows where he’s looking only to frown when he sees the Starbucks café just across the street.

 

Like any ordinary person, he wanted to ignore the man and continues his wait for the bus but see here’s the thing – he can’t and no he simply cannot ignore a person in need even if that person is a con man or planning to harm him in any way. Jongin call it the Kyungsoo Syndrome and it’s ironically funny because whenever he wanted to help, the other person would shriek and run away because Kyungsoo looks like a serial killer planning his/her death.

 

“E-Excuse me…” He thinks of smiling but then decided against it and instead moves next to him to shield the drenched man with his umbrella. “You really shouldn’t do this. You might get hypothermia.”

 

“It’s okay, really.” The man looks up and smiles. Kyungsoo is taken back at the reaction (and how the man looks, but he’s not going to say that out loud.) He didn’t run away? “I don’t mind. Even if a thousand sickness comes to me and inflict me pain, I don’t think it would make me feel the same pain as I am feeling right now.”

 

“O-Oh.”

 

The man looks forward again and together, they’re envelop in a long silence. Kyungsoo thinks that this man might be in a bad break up. Well, not like Kyungsoo didn’t experience heartbreak but he thinks just because of a girl he would try to kill himself with hypothermia. It’s kind of –

 

“My husband got a girl pregnant.” The man said, smiling. “And earlier this morning he asked for a divorce.”

 

Oh. Oh.

 

“That’s…” Kyungsoo clears his throat, surprised that this (beautiful) man is gay and at that same time, about what happened. He suddenly feels guilty about his earlier thoughts. “…that .”

 

The man chuckles, looking unaffected, but now that everything is clear, Kyungsoo thinks that no - he’s not okay. He’s far from okay and that happy façade only adds the weight he feels on his chest. Like he’s just trying to convince himself that everything’s going to be fine even if it’s not. Kyungsoo looks down on the wet pavement and finds it hard to talk. He’s never been in this kind of situation before.

 

“He thought – He thought I wouldn’t notice.” The man laughs but it’s strained. “I may be blind but I’m not deaf.”

 

Kyungsoo stills. Is that why he’s not scared of what he looks like? Wow, that’s… a bummer. Just when he thought – He shakes his

Please log in to read the full chapter