Prompt 75 - d

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: soulmates!baeksoo

Word Count: 5627

 

3 days.

 

Kyungsoo just found out that the midnight channel has an expiration. It was new. He didn’t hear any rumor about it being just a momentary thing. Hell, he thinks it’s like Facebook messenger only it works during midnight and is some sort of creepy… static thing.

 

He sees Jeon sitting near the unopened fountain at the school yard. For a sophomore he looks too old for his age. But when their eyes met, there’s a tinge of innocence there that tells you he’s really 17. Kyungsoo took that as a silent affirmation to approach him.

 

“Hyung.” He greets.

 

“Jungkook.” Kyungsoo nods before sitting next to him.

 

There was a long silence that follows – not an awkward one unlike before. They used to hang out together when Junmyeon was tutoring Jungkook in Math back when the kid was still in his freshmen year. Due to his busy schedule since they’re nearly graduating, the time to hang out with the kid got short.

 

“Where’s your friends?” He asked.

 

“Library.” Jungkook shrugs. “Preparing for entrance exams. But Yoongi-hyung’s with Jimin as always. He doesn’t look like he’s going to college unlike Namjoon and Seokjin-hyung. Or maybe he’s planning at the local college.” He hums. “Shouldn’t you be preparing for one, too?”

 

“I already finished.”

 

“Oh.” Jungkook looks at him with brows raised. “As expected, hyung.” Kyungsoo snorts and looks down, bumping his shoes together. “So like… you going to Seoul Uni like Junmyeon-hyung?”

 

“Yonsei.” Kyungsoo answers. “I’m going to Yonsei… if ever I passed.”

 

Jungkook chuckles. “You’ll pass. I’m sure of it.”

 

By the time he’s out of this school, Jungkook will enter his third year and the current juniors will be seniors. And soon, Jungkook will enter his senior year afterwards. It may not look like it, but the younger male is capable of doing anything. He’s like everything packed in one. Kyungsoo is very sure that he’ll do very fine in the future. However…

 

“You look glum, though.” He points out. “Do you… want to talk about it?”

 

Jungkook is quiet for a moment before answering.

 

“You know about the midnight channel right?” Kyungsoo tenses but it seems like the younger doesn’t notice. “And you might have heard about me talking to my soulmate there.”

 

Kyungsoo nods. It’s true. It’s all over campus.

 

“Midnight channel is like a bridge where you get to meet your soulmate and talk to that person to know more about him or her. That’s what I thought after hearing those words around me.” Jungkook sighs. “But in reality, midnight channel’s main purpose is to give you a hint on who your soulmate is. It’s not their job to find your soulmate, it’s yours.”

 

“Do you know what’s crazy, though?” Jungkook throws his head back and laughs. “My soulmate is a ing twelve years old.”

 

Kyungsoo looks at Jungkook like he’s crazy but there were no signs of mirth in there. His eyes went wide. “What?”

 

“Yup. His name is Kim Taehyung. Born and raised in Daegu.” The younger nods and sighs. “But the funny thing is… he was born in 1995, meaning he’s older than me. Like what the , I don’t know what to believe in anymore.”

 

Well, his soulmate is 25, whose super ing vague and doesn’t disclose any personal information about him except his name and age. Plus, he’s always talking about this roommate nonstop. If ever earned a dollar in every single time he mentions his roommate, Kyungsoo would have been standing in front row of an EXO concert. Jungkook is lucky to get even that kind of information from his soulmate – whether it be true or not.

 

Kyungsoo’s mind goes back to the countdown.

 

Three days, huh?

 

 

 

 

 

They continue to talk as if the countdown at the taskbar is non-existent. Baekhyun remained his chatty and aggressive self while Kyungsoo acts like he’s unfazed despite his flustered state in front of the screen. Despite this, he can’t deny how uncomfortable he is at the glaring red timer. It’s like its mocking him.

 

Actually, today is roommate’s mother’s birthday.

I can’t believe I can bake a cake! I have a hidden talent!

 

And as always, Baekhyun still keeps on talking about this… roommate. What’s new?

 

Aren’t you proud of me, my love? <( ̄︶ ̄)>

 

If that feeds your ego.

 

Ack!

So mean~ ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ

 

Kyungsoo gets jealous talking about this roommate person but Baekhyun looks like he’s having fun talking about the person. For once – just this once – he’s going to have to indulge the male from his stories.

 

So how was it? The celebration, I mean.

 

Oh, oh, oh! It was amazing!

Roommate didn’t get to come because duh, he’s at ER so I took it upon myself to surprise his mom. She’s this super sweet woman, really. Loved me even more than my mom.

Well, after the whole coming out of the closet, I mean. (+_+)

But seriously, she’s an amazing woman.

If I were straight, I would marry her. (─‿‿─)♡

But she’s not straight, either so…

I mean, she’s got a girlfriend.

 

Kyungsoo smiles at this.

 

It’s a shame for your roommate not to come. I bet your cake was grand.

 

Oh, it is!

It’s strawberry. ♡( ◡‿◡ )

Is it your favorite, too?

 

I prefer cookies and cream.

 

Noted. I’ll try making one, too. You know, preparing myself from the time we finally meet.

 

The topic about meeting each other was brought up and Kyungsoo knows he doesn’t want it to pass since they only have three days – 2 days remaining to talk. But he’s afraid that another fight would ensue between the two of them. Baekhyun might cut off their communication permanently due to pressure. He doesn’t want that.

 

I’ll look forward to my early death then.

 

Meanie~ (>﹏<)

 

Kyungsoo throws his head back and laughs.

 

 

 

 

 

How did you meet your roommate, anyway?

 

Yonsei, duh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

01:23:59:30

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo finds himself running towards the detention room, stopping when he sees Sehun sitting in front with his hands stuffed in his pockets and his face busted with bruises. His breath hitched at the sight, his heart thundering with rage.

 

He ignored Jimin and Yoongi’s presence at the back along with two other students. Detention.

 

“Kyungsoo-yah, you’re here.” Mr. Shim beckons him to come. “Just watch over them for a while. I’m gonna go take a piss or something.” Kyungsoo nods and bows his head when he walks past him. Once the teacher was gone, his eyes went back at his brother.

 

“ing hell, Oh Sehun, you better start talking.” Kyungsoo grits his teeth. “What the happened?”

 

Sehun didn’t answer and looks down, ashamed. Kyungsoo’s jaw clenched before he darts his stare behind him, eyes trained on Jimin. Jimin looks startled, panic clear in his eyes making him look at his boyfriend. Yoongi rolls his eyes and sighs.

 

“Hyunsang.”

 

Kyungsoo sighs and looks at his brother once more before giving his shoulder a soft tap. “Yah.” When Sehun didn’t look at him, he repeated the action, only harsher. “Yah!” Sehun slowly looks up at him. “Get up. Let’s go home.”

 

“What about us?”

 

Kyungsoo looks at the people behind his brother – the man with the cap’s face turned pale when he sees Kyungsoo’s aggravated expression. “I mean, what about us, sunbae?”

 

Kyungsoo bites his lower lip then gestures with his chin. “What did you do?”

 

“Late at class.”

 

He points at the back. “Get out.” He looks at the girl. “You?”

 

“Forgot my assignment?”

 

“Get out.” The girl bows his head then mutters her thanks before leaving. Kyungsoo finally settles his gaze at Jimin. “You?”

 

“Err…” Jimin clears his throat, looking embarrassed. “We – uh…”

 

“Got caught having in the bathroom!” Yoongi raised his hand while saying that without a single amount of enthusiasm present in his voice.

 

Kyungsoo makes a face. “Seriously?”

 

Yoongi shrugs.

 

“J-Just… Just get out.” Yoongi mutters finally before leaving, dragging Jimin with him by the wrist. Kyungsoo sighs and furrows his brows. He’s going to find it hard looking at Jimin and Yoongi’s face starting tomorrow.

 

When they’re all left in the room, Sehun grabs the hem of his uniform polo and tugs it. “What if Mr. Shim comes back and we’re not here?”

 

“I’ll talk to him tomorrow.” Kyungsoo grunts. “We’re going home and you’re going to tell me everything on our way there.”

 

Sehun glares but falters. “O-Okay.”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was in the middle of talking about what happened in his office. Like the way Baekhyun types is so fast and continuous that he sometimes struggles reading everything at once.

 

It’s cute, though.

 

But tonight, he was so out of it. The only thing that keeps echoing in his mind is how Sehun got in trouble because of Hyunsang and how his stepmom (Sehun’s biological mom) nearly cried while scolding him. Kyungsoo runs his fingers through his hair and sighs.

 

You okay there?

 

Kyungsoo stares at the message before typing. Is he psychic? Kyungsoo hesitates on answering but he does anyway.

 

My younger brother, Sehun, got in a fight today.

 

Oh. What about?

 

There’s this kid named Hyunsang and his big sister used to study at Seoul Uni. So our Dad ed up and decided to fool around with one of his students and apparently that was his big sister.

It destroyed her, I think, when it got out and she got suspended and my Dad almost got fired but his influences saved his . Hyunsang’s taking his frustration out on Sehun because of it.

 

It took a while before he replied.

 

Ah, I heard about that. It was a nasty scandal and I know your Dad probably regrets what happened then. But still, I do understand Hyunsang’s perspective. If that happened to my sister – if I had one – I would have been ballistic.

 

I know.

But it was our Dad.

Why Sehun? He’s a good kid. He’s done nothing wrong. Now he won’t speak to us. Sehun’s always been a closed off kid. I’m afraid on what’s going in your head.

 

Well…I don’t know about your Dad but I think you should give your brother some space.

 

Kyungsoo is surprised at the answer.

 

Like let him be? Is that it? But what if something –

 

Before he could continue typing his reply, Baekhyun already got a message following his former.

 

I know guys like Sehun just needed some time to think. Make him feel that you’re always there to support him. Don’t pressure him. Just act like you normally do, you know?

Your mom might look at him with pity in his current condition, meaning, that kid’s already pressured enough as it is. Try to act normal around him. The usual.

 

Kyungsoo furrows his brows and taps backspace.

 

And why should I?

 

Just trust me.

Be Sehun’s unwavering pillar. He already lost his Dad as someone to look up to. You’re the model now, Soo.

“I’m the model now.” Kyungsoo repeats reading the older’s message over and over again. There’s a hint of pride there and embarrassment after letting it sink in. Him? A role model? Kyungsoo bites his lower lip.

 

Okay, fine. I’ll give him some space. I think that Sehun needs that, too. But I don’t consider myself as a role model, though.

 

You don’t but Sehun probably does. (*^‿^*)

 

Kyungsoo smiles to himself and leans back on his swivel chair.

 

Everybody needs a support, just like Baekhyun said, and Kyungsoo silently thanks the elder for being his.

 

 

 

 

 

00:23:59:50

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning at breakfast, their mother was looking at Sehun with pity in her eyes – like he’s a fragile glass that she can’t handle nor touch, afraid that he might break. From there, Kyungsoo sees what Baekhyun meant. There’s still bruises in his face but it wasn’t the physical ones that hurts Sehun.

 

Kyungsoo sighs. “Sehun-ah, you didn’t bring my Xbox back in my room.”

 

“Oh, hyung.” Sehun looks at him. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t –“

 

“Yah, do you want me to break your legs, you brat?” Kyungsoo huffs. “Our room is literally just one door down and you still find it hard to carry my game console back?”

 

“But what about my game file in Dead Island? It’s still not finished.”

 

“I’ll delete it if you don’t give it back.”

 

Sehun is quiet for a moment before he whispers. “Okay, hyung.”

 

When their Mom left to the kitchen, Kyungsoo looks at Sehun, frowning at the sight of bruises on the younger’s face and takes a light sip on his cup of coffee before speaking. “Don’t ever do that again, Sehun-ah.”

 

Sehun visibly tenses. “I-I won’t.”

 

He takes another sip.

 

“Before that, please tell me that you won that fight because I am not calling you my brother if you didn’t break Hyunsang’s nose.”

 

There, it appears.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter