Prompt 13

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: Baekhyun and Kyungsoo’s marriage had suffered a lot the past ten years of their life.

Word Count: 1810

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo’s marriage had suffered a lot the past ten years of their life.

 

It was funny how they turned out to be because no one in their friends even knew of their relationship so they were surprised when out of the blue, Baekhyun announces that they’re already dating for five years now and that they’re getting married this summer.

 

Turns out that one of the reasons why Kyungsoo likes it as a secret is because his parents disapproves of Baekhyun and his choice of job while Baekhyun’s parents looks at Kyungsoo like a poor child that is not capable of living on off his own due to his rich status. They thought that their relationship wouldn’t work so they kept it casual, but nobody expected for them to be this serious.

 

They were living a happy and mundane life at Busan with Kyungsoo being an engineer at this big company while Baekhyun a composer at some rising music company. The first year of their marriage life was pure bliss. They were happy and contended despite Kyungsoo being the only one with the job. Kyungsoo thinks that it’s better this way, too because with Baekhyun keeping the house, Kyungsoo always comes home in excitement, looking forward to what his husband is going to prepare for their late night love making.

 

The second year was rough. Kyungsoo’s parents found out about Baekhyun’s jobless state so the elder was pressured and forced to look for one. It wasn’t even helping that his salary isn’t even half as big as Kyungsoo is making. Despite this, Kyungsoo’s assurances and sweet whispers of love made Baekhyun feel at ease.

 

Those sweet and comforting words was all the comfort Baekhyun needed even when Kyungsoo always cancels their dates because of his promotion. But it didn’t last long because a person has their limits.

 

It was in their third year did Kyungsoo found out about Baekhyun’s infidelity.

 

Kyungsoo saw a message on the elder’s phone – a sweet message from an actor named Park Chanyeol. Kyungsoo felt enraged and then there was chaos. Baekhyun snapped back citing Kyungsoo’s lack of attention and coldness due to his busy schedules. And with one final zip of his bag, Baekhyun left the house.

 

“I told you, he’s not good enough for you.” His mother scowled. “I told you that he’s just after your money. Look, he can’t even take care of you! What kind of a husband is that? If only you married Minseok, then you wouldn’t be like this.” His mother continued.

 

“I don’t want him.” Kyungsoo shakes his head as he sobs. “I want Baekhyun.”

 

“But he left you, right?”

 

Kyungsoo knows he’s a fool. But he decided to wait.

 

On their supposed fourth year, Kyungsoo chances upon the news at the actor’s dating scandal with his music company’s composer. Baekhyun’s face was blurred but Chanyeol’s wasn’t. But Kyungsoo’s attention wasn’t on them. It was on Baekhyun’s hand and he felt his chest clench painfully when he sees that his husband isn’t wearing his wedding ring anymore.

 

Life goes on for Kyungsoo. Even if every morning he wakes up is a constant pain, he continues life the way it is. He got another promotion and finally, after days of moping because of his broken marriage, finally he got to smile because he’s surrounded by his newfound friends in the department he’s in. But still, the gaping hole in his heart is still there.

 

In the middle of their fourth year, Kyungsoo was surprised to see Baekhyun the moment he opened the door.

 

“Hi.” Baekhyun flashes him a weak smile. “Do you mind if I come in?”

 

Turns out after that scandal broke out, Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s relationship became a mess. Hates filled all of his social accounts and he can’t go out anymore without Chanyeol’s fans hoarding him. Chanyeol seems to be busy nowadays and avoids him for the purpose of avoiding paparazzis. If things go on, he thinks that the media might know about his marriage with Kyungsoo and that they haven’t even got a divorce yet.

 

Kyungsoo slowly nods at this. “So are you asking for a divorce then?”

 

“I’m asking for your forgiveness.” Baekhyun’s glassy eyes meets Kyungsoo’s. “I’m sorry for everything that I’ve done.” A few tears turned into a full sob. “I – I don’t blame you if you want to get a divorce. After all, I deserved it.”

 

Kyungsoo is a fool, that’s what his parents told him after he forgave Baekhyun and told him that they’ll j

Please log in to read the full chapter