Prompt 58 - d

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: a D.I.D baeksoo fic

Word Count: 5380

 

A little boy trudges along the grassy path up at the cliff where their favorite tree stood. He huffs and heaves out a heavy sigh and leans down to support his frame by placing his hands on his knees. Running away from the maids and guards of the big and scary mansion has been a norm for him, though he can’t stay his respiratory system is used to it.

 

There’s a boy – a sixteen year old boy leaning against the trunk with a book perched up on his lap. The little boy’s eyes went wide in delight. “Hyung! Seungsoo-hyung!”

 

Seungsoo cranes his head to look at him and then smiles. “Kyungsoo, you’re here.”

 

Kyungsoo ran towards him and literally tackled his older brother that sent the book in his hand flying to the side. He giggles loudly at the sound of feigned hurt that’s Seungsoo’s making. “You’re reading again without me! You said you’d wait for me.”

 

“I’m sorry.” Seungsoo grins. “I was just so excited about what’s going to happen next. Where did we stopped last Saturday?”

 

Kyungsoo ponders and hums. “Ah! It’s when Artemis met N1.”

 

“Ah, right.” Seungsoo fixes their position so Kyungsoo’s sitting in front of him. He takes the book and finds the page. “There we go. For some reason, N1 wanted to take the journey today. He wanted the moon to call him into the crater, then deposit him somewhere where another warlock existed.” Seungsoo said in the most soothing voice.

 

In the middle of their parents’ divorce, Kyungsoo and Seungsoo were forced to live separately. Although they’re still living in the same mansion as of now, their mother is living at the house next door with her new lover and took Seungsoo with her. That leaves Kyungsoo to stay with his father. Every day, they would snuck out and meet in private to spend time together like they always do. Time is ticking and they never know when the day that they’ll part will come.

 

“Mom is still doing her best to get you.” Seungsoo said before their day ended. “She said she’s not gonna stop until the court agrees to her appeal of full custody. Let’s just pray for that to happen.”

 

Kyungsoo furrows his brows in confusion. “Why do you hate Daddy so much?”

 

Seungsoo opens his mouth to answer but in the end, chooses to close it. “You’ll understand someday, Soo.” He smiles. “Mom and I will explain everything to you someday.”

 

 

 

 

 

D.O snaps his eyes open when he hears the door to his office open. He sees Baekhyun entering, his clothes unkempt and tie loosened. His hair isn’t that usual combed one and he looked like he didn’t slept a wink. He doesn’t know why and he knows he’s incapable of feeling this, but somehow D.O felt guilty.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late, sir.” Baekhyun mumbles in front of him after a bow of greeting before going to the corner to pick up the pile of documents for him to take and then leaves the room. D.O sits silently on his office desk and stares.

 

“Don’t do , don’t do , don’t do .” He mumbles to himself.

 

Don’t you dare do .

 

 

 

 

“Byun.”

 

Baekhyun looks up at him. His eyes were deep and the bags underneath it is so obvious that anyone can notice. D.O clears his throat awkwardly and pushes his glasses up. Luhan is looking at him weirdly from his desk and if his inner self is also looking at him weirdly. Okay, this is . Why is he doing ?

 

“You should take a break.” Yeah, he should. And then he’ll sneak off a few papers so that Byun won’t be spending hours here anymore so he could leave early. His gloomy presence is making him uncomfortable and it wrecks his focus on doing his –

 

“No, it’s okay, sir.” Baekhyun said glumly and looks back at the computer. “I can do this just fine. Please go back and stop worrying, sir.”

 

D.O huffs and looks away, eyes wide. “I-I’m not worried or anything, what are you talking about?” Luhan is giving him a look that says what the hell? D.O scratches the back of his ear and huffs again. He points a finger at him. “I’m leaving. Focus on your work. If I find you sleeping, I’ll –“

 

“Sir, you are ruining my focus.” Baekhyun frowns.

 

D.O lets his hand fall and slips it in his pocket. “Right. Right, err… carry on.” He turns and walks back to his office but not without giving Luhan a shut up look after the older secretary clamps his mouth shut to hold back a laugh.  

 

Once in the confines of his office, D.O leans back with head in his hands and sighs.

 

“Stop doing , Do.” He mutters to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

“Byun.”

 

Baekhyun looks up again with that same bored expression on his face. D.O places or more like slammed a coffee from Starbucks on Baekhyun’s desk. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide in surprise, staring at the coffee in front of him. And when he’s about to say something, D.O quickly bolts and escapes into his office in a record. Baekhyun blinks and looks back at the coffee.

 

“He’s weird at expressing his concerns.” Luhan chuckles. His chin is resting on his knuckles as he watches Baekhyun’s expression in amusement. “He’s that kind of person.”

 

So he cares?

 

Baekhyun turns to the direction of his boss’ office. He shoots the straw inside the cup and takes a sip. He smiles.

 

That kind of arrangement went on for the remaining days.

 

Baekhyun is depressed probably from the rejection Kyungsoo gave him. He’s guilty because when he made a video to tell what happened about that particular day, he left the part where Baekhyun kissed him so Kyungsoo’s clueless of what happened. And because the guilt is eating him alive, he decided to give little gifts (coffees. They’re all just coffees) to make it up to him. Hopefully, Baekhyun forgives him but what he doesn’t know won’t kill him. (Won’t kill D.O for that matter)

 

 

 

 

 

One night, the office decided to throw a surprise party for Luhan. The employees love the young secretary because of his dedication, leadership and great relationship with them so in return to his kindness, they decided to throw this for him.

 

Nah, it was actually HR’s head Oh Sehun who planned it out because it’s the guy’s birthday. (He may or may not have a secret crush on Luhan but that’s a story for another time.)

 

Luhan opens the door holding two champagne glasses. “Hey, kiddo.” D.O made a face when he heard that. Gently, Luhan closed the door behind him and approaches him. “It’s a party downstairs, you should go. Stop working for a sec and loosen up.”

 

“I have no time to…” D.O quotes. “…loosen up. I have a ton of things to do and that includes the preparation of the files needed for my business trip to London next week.”

 

“Which can be done by tomorrow, come on!” Luhan places the champagne glass on his table. D.O gives him a warning glare. “It’s my birthday. Can’t you just grant one teeny tiny wish, boss?”

 

“You did not just pull that card, Lu Han.”

 

“It’s actually hyung, kiddo.” Luhan smirks. “It’s after hours, remember? We’re all just here because of this party.” He laughs when D.O turns his swivel chair to the side. “Come on.” He gives his shoulder a tiny jab. “Please, for me?”  

 

D.O clamps his eyes shut and wordlessly takes the glass. He downs it in one shot making him wince and cough once at sensation as it travels down his throat. Luhan grins in triumph.

 

 

 

 

 

The people in the office stills when they see D.O enter. But after Luhan shouted that he’s here to have fun, everybody lightened up. Turns out everyone wanted to meet and talk to the D.O. Looking past the and jerk label, he actually done a good job in handling the company Because of his analysis to the employees on his first day, the slackers and tyrants were dismissed and the employees who are actually doing a good job in the company rose in their positions. The salary raised, too.

 

“See, they’re not that awful to talk to.” Luhan whispers. “They’re great people. You just have to come out of that cave, you know?” He gives his back two pats before leaving to talk to another group of people. D.O sighs.

 

And just as when he’s in the middle of talking to head of the accounting department, D.O sees Baekhyun leaving. D.O tried to look away, but he can’t help but be bothered when he noticed the man’s wobbly form. With a curse, D.O excuses himself from the conversation and runs after him.

 

Just as when Baekhyun enters the elevator, he quickly dashes to enter with him just before it closes. That’s when he finally realized what he did and oh, . His eyes went wide. Did he just do again?

 

“Oh, hey boss!” Baekhyun slurs.

 

D.O mentally slaps his forehead. Byun’s drunk. Great.

 

“Byun.” D.O shifts his eyes and sees that the elevator is heading at the very top. The rooftop? He shifts his attention back at the other. “Byun, come on. Let’s get you back down. You’re drunk.”

 

“I know!” Baekhyun giggles. “Isn’t it wonderful?”

 

D.O furrows his brows. “Why would it be –“

 

Then just like what happened at the bus stop, Baekhyun cups his face and pulls him in a kiss. A sloppy one, too. D.O’s eyes went wide again. It was the same as before but this time, his heart beat is accelerating and his face is heating up. It must have been uncomfortable for Baekhyun because of the glasses on his face, but the latter doesn’t seem to mind and deepens the kiss. It wasn’t that long before D.O slackens and succumbs to it, finally kissing back.

 

Thinking that his reaction is too abnormal, he grabs Baekhyun by the shoulder and pushes him away. “What the hell are you doing?”

 

“You two look alike.” Baekhyun hiccups. Before D.O can utter another word, the elevator dings and opens. Baekhyun sprinted away escaping and D.O trails after him again. The stairs up at the rooftop emits these clangs sound as Baekhyun runs up on the other hand, he’s already panting on the fifth step.

 

Once he finally reached the top, D.O enters the open door and sees Baekhyun twirling like a fool in the middle. D.O rolls his eyes and sighs exasperatedly.

 

“You know, you’re in big trouble tomorrow when you get sober.” He points out.

 

“Why?” Baekhyun juts his lips out. “Are you gonna punish me, Daddy?”

 

D.O blushed. “D-Daddy?”

 

Baekhyun smirks smugly and twirls again. D.O huffs. “Yah.”

 

“You two look alike and just seeing you every day is a big torture for me, you know?” Baekhyun shouts against the wind. D.O stills and looks at him. “It’s torture for me because as much as I want to forget what happened at the bus stop, I can’t.” He smiles bitterly. “Just seeing your face keeps on reminding me.”

 

Ah, what the did he just entered?

 

 D.O looks away and then back at him and then walks towards him with an uneasy and unsure look on his face that says what the hell was I thinking? “Does it count if I said I’m sorry?”

 

Baekhyun giggles and shakes his head. “No, because you’re not the person who hurt me.”

 

It’s a call.

 

D.O suddenly felt the pain in his head. , , … he was right! Byun is the trigger. His heart is rapidly pumping in an abnormal pace and his chest is starting to constrict so painfully that got him gasping for air. D.O clamps his eyes shut and groans.

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo opens his eyes and gasps for air.

 

The first thing that comes to mind is what is he doing here? The cold wind of Seoul passes by that made him shiver despite the thick suit hugging his frame. He takes off his glasses and runs his fingers through his hair. His brows furrowed. Gel. Then his eyes went wide. Another switch?

 

He hears familiar laughter. His head snaps up.

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun turns to look at him and then guffaws. “Okay, now! You look like him. Maybe if you can apologize again, I can forgive you.” He slurs. “Maybe tomorrow, I can move on and look past this.”

 

Kyungsoo frowns and looks at him in confusion. “Sorry? What am I so-?” He pauses. “Are you drunk?”

 

“You called me drunk earlier and now you’re asking me if I am?” He giggles. “I never knew you were this forgetful, sir.” Then he looks up and sighs. “You told me earlier if your sorry counts, well… do it again. Say sorry.” Baekhyun looks at him. “Apologize for breaking my heart.”

 

“I kissed you, Kyungsoo.” Tears rolled down his cheeks. “I risked it, poured everything into that… but you… you acted like it never happened. I…” Baekhyun cries. “You should have just told me that you don’t feel the same way instead of doing that.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide. Baekhyun’s behavior on their last meeting explains it all. The closeness and sudden shyness and that question. Oh, god that question. He wanted to slap himself when he remembered how he answered that question. Using the book as an excuse to do these kind of things with Baekhyun – the dates, the touches and hand holdings. Hell, he’s not even working on a novel now because he’s on hiatus.

 

Yes, excuse. It’s kind of a pathetic move now that he thought about it. He never knew his pathetic excuse will lead to a huge conflict.

 

Then his emotions turned into frustrations

Please log in to read the full chapter