Prompt 21 - b

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: part (2/3) of prompt 21

Word Count: 5235

 

Jongdae scowls at Baekhyun’s presence in the dining table. “So early in the morning.” He grumbles. “Don’t you have any other friends? Can’t I have some peaceful morning with my lovely husband without you in it?”

 

“I love your husband’s cooking. Sue me.” Baekhyun shrugs and continues wolfing down the pancakes Luhan prepared for him.

 

“Well, he’s your best friend, boo hoo.” Luhan deadpans before taking a sip on his coffee. “If I stayed with Minseok, I would have been sipping iced tea in Miami by now instead of listening to you two’s banter so early in the morning.”

 

“Did you just mentioned your ex in front of me?”

 

“I just did.”

 

“Well, boo hoo to you, too. The guy’s already married and you love me too much to leave me.”

 

“Unfortunately.”

 

Baekhyun waves his hands in the air in dismissal. “Look, I’m just here so my parents won’t pester me about this demonic binding –“

 

Jongdae raised a brow. “You mean marriage.”

 

“– with that prick, Do Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun growls. “I need your help with what I’m about to do because I have no ing idea how to start.”

 

“It was your terrific plan.”

 

Luhan hums. “What do you mean plan?”

 

Jongdae leans his head on his palm as he stares at Baekhyun in a bored manner. “He told me last night about his terrific plan about making Kyungsoo fall in love with and then breaking his heart after. He said the word humiliate many times that as the night progressed all I understood was that word as he spouted gibberish.”

 

“Yah!”

 

“Ah.” Luhan to take his drink before he speaks. “You do know there are grave consequences about doing this terrific plan of yours, right?”

 

“Hey, can you guys omit the word terrific? It’s making me uncomfortable.”

 

“Someone could get hurt in this and I’m not just talking about Kyungsoo.” Luhan said, ignoring what he said earlier. “I’m also talking about you.” Hearing that made Baekhyun scoff a laugh.

 

“Me?” Another laugh. “Why would I get hurt? He’s the one who used to hound over me. If anything, he’s going to be the one who’ll end up hurt after all of this.” Baekhyun gestures with his hands as he speaks. “This wouldn’t happen if he didn’t pick on me. If ever there comes a time when this happens and he didn’t do those things to humiliate me, then I would’ve been acting this way towards him.”

 

“Just don’t forget that I warned you.” Luhan sips again.

 

Jongdae laughs and rubs his husband’s back. “Baekhyun will be fine. Aren’t you buddy?”

 

Baekhyun huffs and punches his chest once. “You bet’cha.”

 

They laughed.

 

Luhan sighs and mutters under his breath. “Idiots.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The first thing that Baekhyun did was of course, use the man’s main weakness in general – seduction.

 

“I don’t think this will work on him, Baek.”

 

“Oh, nonsense. This will.”

 

All people were looking at their way when Baekhyun enters the 1st Wing, where he is informed that Kyungsoo’s office is located there (man, he didn’t know the Do family’s company is this big it looks like one of those universities with different buildings that’s adjacent to each other.) Baekhyun smirks at the attention he gets. Eyes were either on his face then his or then on his face and he took pride in that. After all, these tight slacks costed him a fortune.

 

He leans forward on the reception desk, ignoring the obvious ogling the old man beside him is doing. “Hey, excuse me. Can I please ask what floor is Do Kyungsoo’s office located?”

 

“Okay, sir. Do you have any appointment for Sir Do? Apparently, his schedule is packed for today and –“ The guy on the desk looks bored and sleepy but when he looks at the person in front of him, he chokes on his spit and gulps hard at the sudden beauty. “O-Oh, Sir Byun!”

 

“Hi.” Baekhyun flashes him a charming smile that showcases his pearl whites. “So about Kyungsoo-sshi’s office?”  

 

“O-Oh, it’s on the 12th floor.” Reception guy clears his throat and blushes heavily. “I’ll inform Sir Do of your arrival. It is our protocol after all.” He takes his phone and was about to connect it to the main office when Baekhyun’s hand reached out to touch him making him stop. 

 

“Oh, no. That won’t do. I was hoping to surprise him, you see.” Baekhyun bites his lower lip for effect. “Is that hard for me to ask?”

 

Reception guy blushes ten shades darker. “O-Oh, I-I see. You may go now, sir.” Baekhyun smiles and leaves.

 

He never knew what he’s about to do is so risky. He just realized it now when he’s about to knock in front of Kyungsoo’s office. He can hear a small voice – Kyungsoo’s voice possibly and just the sound made his heart skip a beat in nervousness. Gathering a deep breath, he focuses on his main goal before pushing the doors open.

 

Kyungsoo stops midway on his call when he sees Baekhyun. “I’ll call you later, thank you.” He pockets his phone in his front pocket before focusing all of his attention at the man in front of him. “What is it that you want that brings you here?”

 

Baekhyun hums and slowly approaches him. “Why? Is it really that bad…” When he’s face to face with Kyungsoo, he takes the younger’s tie and twirls it with his finger. “…to see you?”

 

Kyungsoo looks at him with a monotone expression. Baekhyun feels ridiculous already at the sudden boldness he’s doing, but the thought was cut off when he feels hands behind him, cupping his . Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. Oh, ...

 

Kyungsoo leans forward until they were a breath away. “If you’re here to seduce me, then you’re gonna have to do better than that.” Baekhyun frowns. “I like the pants, though. But if you really want to seduce me, you should have come here without the pants on. I’d prefer that.” He pats Baekhyun’s cheek before walking past him with a smile. The frown on Baekhyun’s face turned into a scowl.

 

“And oh, one more thing.” Baekhyun turns to look at Kyungsoo. “I’m going to give you 15 minutes to leave this building or else I’ll call security.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. “What?”

 

“Time is ticking, Byun.” Kyungsoo smirks as he taps his wristwatch.

 

That night at Jongdae’s place, Baekhyun drowns himself with vodka at the sound of Jongdae’s cackling and his series of “I told you so’s.”

 

 

 

 

 

Next was the old fashioned way of making some fall for you – courtship.

 

“Lilies.” Baekhyun claps his hands in delight. “I want a bouquet of them. Make that two.” He paces back and forth as his secretary lists the things. “Sunflowers. Tulips. Roses!” Baekhyun snaps his fingers. “Give him roses. Two barrels and I want it shipped. Talk to the guy at the reception hall and mention my name, he’ll give them help.”

 

Jongdae hums. “Isn’t that sweet. Who knew you could be this charming, Byun?”

 

“Sweet.” Baekhyun snaps his fingers again. “Strawberries!” The secretary scribbles furiously on his pad. “Three boxes and make a note on each. Say…” He looks up and gestures with his hands. “You.Look.Hot.”

 

Jongdae grimaces. “I take whatever I said back.”

 

“What?” Baekhyun grins in triumph after the secretary leaves his office. “This is gonna work. Trust me on this.”

 

It didn’t.

 

Baekhyun bursts on his phone. “You what?!”

 

“Sorry, sir. It seems like the receptionist guy was replaced with someone new. And since the person was new, he directed the delivery men at Sir Do’s secretary’s office.” His secretary said in a whisper. “I’m really sorry, sir.”

 

Baekhyun grits his teeth and screams.

 

On the other side, Kyungsoo raised a brow at the flowers around his secretary’s cubicle. There were strawberries, too. Tao looks at his boss with a giddy smile. “Do you know who gave this to you?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

Tao grins. “I don’t know, but I have a wild guess.” He eyes Kris Wu from marketing and sighs dreamily.

 

 

 

 

 

“I am running out of ideas.” Baekhyun groans in his hands. “I need to make Kyungsoo fall for me fast. The engagement party is coming close and I need Kyungsoo putty in my hands by then.”

 

Jongdae snickers. “You and your great plans.”

 

“It would great if you would contribute, you know.”

 

“Did you try chocolates?”

 

“Kyungsoo is allergic to chocolates, shut up.”

 

Jongdae raised his brows. “Oh, wow. Really? How come I didn’t know of that?”

 

Baekhyun wasn’t going to admit that he slightly remembers some of the things that the younger told him back when they were still teens so he shrugs in dismissal and snorts. “Research, baby. I need to research more about Kyungsoo if I want him wrapped around my finger.”

 

“How about you try being yourself.”

 

Both men turn to look at Luhan, who was leaning his frame against the doorway of the living room. Jongdae and Baekhyun look at each other before laughing. “What?”

 

“Impossible, love.” Jongdae wipes an imaginary tear. “Kyungsoo hates Baekhyun to the core. Being himself around him is like suicide.”

 

Luhan folds his arms on his chest. “You said Kyungsoo once hounded over you back when you were still young. He liked you then, Baekhyun. Think back, alright? What made him fall for you without you knowing?” As the elder said that, Baekhyun’s laugh died down into an occasional chuckle before a solemn expression filled his face. “What made him like you?”

 

“I don’t… know.”

 

“See?” Luhan raised his brows. “He likes you without you doing something drastic like seducing him or – or giving him thousands of gifts. Because honey, it’s not gonna work if you operate like that. Try showing him the real Byun Baekhyun. Who knows? It might work this time.”

 

Jongdae’s eyes went wide and slowly, he turns to Baekhyun, who’s staring at a daze, a small smile slowly forming on his lips. “That is a great idea, hyung.” He looks up and stands up in joy. “Thank you!” Then he runs out of the house.

 

As the couple watch Baekhyun’s car drive out the driveway, Jongdae beams and looks at his husband. “And here I thought you said this thing we’re talking about is stupid.”

 

“It is stupid.” Luhan pinched his husband’s cheek making the latter yelp. “But as I said, I already warned him. Let him suffer the consequences of his actions by himself.”

 

“Even if you gave him the idea?”

 

“I just gave him the idea.” Luhan sighs. “It’s up to him if he follows it or not.”

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is surprised to see sitting in front of the door to his penthouse. He furrows his brows for a moment, stopping momentarily before approaching him. Baekhyun stands up when he finally notices his presence. “Hey!”

 

“Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo stops in front him, shoes clacking in a halt. “What are you doing here this time?”

 

Baekhyun dusted the back of his pants and straightens himself. “I was wondering if you’re free tomorrow night.”

 

Kyungsoo remains unfazed despite the rapid beating of his heart. “If I said yes, what makes you think I would agree to your invite?”

 

Baekhyun looks uncomfortable for a moment, fingers fidgeting and eyes looking anywhere at him. The air around them is tense and heavy. Kyungsoo mentally thanked his younger self for mastering the art of hiding his emotions or else he’ll be a sobbing wreck right now. 

 

The Byun heir releases a heavy sigh. “I wanted to… catch up.” He takes a step back. “And most of all, I wanted to make up for everything that I did – I really am sorry about that… I shouldn’t have – You have no idea how terrible I feel thinking about it.”

 

“I really don’t need this.”

 

“But I do.” Baekhyun does not know what made him grab his arm in the first place. “I need this, please.”

 

Kyungsoo closes his eyes, thinking that he’s gonna regret whatever that’s going to happen. He thinks back at the time he was left alone waiting – 20 minutes, 40 minutes, 2 hours and the cold air that got him shivering. No, he won’t agree. Not anymore. Not after all that he’s been through.

 

“Okay.”

 

Great, Kyungsoo. Just great.

 

“Tomorrow. I get off at 9.” Kyungsoo said, shaking Baekhyun’s hand off his arm. Then he walks past the elder to get to his door.


“Really?!” The smile on Baekhyun’s face made him blush but he made sure not to let the elder see by quickly entering his house and closing the door, locking it. “Thank you!” He can hear the latter scream. “I won’t let you down, I promise!”

 

Kyungsoo slides his back on the door with a hand on his face. He was blushing madly as he hears Baekhyun’s shouts of joy and victory ou

Please log in to read the full chapter