Prompt 41 - c

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: make an angel!au fic for baeksoo either it be angel b or angel k or angel anyone

Word Count: 3707

 

There is progress.

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun no longer communicates in snarky remarks and grumbles and messy shouts. Instead, they talk in a civil manner. Too civil for Luhan’s observation. In fact, they look like awkward acquaintances trying to talk about something just to force themselves into thinking that they’re comfortable with each other. Last night, it was truly comfortable, but these days… it was enough for Luhan to cringe.

 

“Did we receive any call from the police about Luhan?” Kyungsoo asks.

 

Baekhyun shakes his head and reads on his tablet – news or anything about entertainment. “Nothing.”

 

Kyungsoo hums and sips on his coffee.

 

Luhan looks at both men during breakfast and dives in on his food.

 

 

 

 

 

Archangel Suho had been right. There are still scars.

 

One Saturday night, Baekhyun wears his coat and looks at Luhan. “Can you handle things on your own?”

 

Luhan blinks. “Where are you going?”

 

“Out.” He mutters something under his breath then ruffles his hair irritably. “, what the hell am I even thinking making a five-year old kid watch the place.” He gestures with his thumb. “Grab your coat and let’s go.”

 

Luhan repeated his question. “Where are you going?”

 

“Just follow me.”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun knows this is stupid, but since Kyungsoo is out again probably doing overtime at work (because work has been piling up and he could not escape it even if he wanted to explained via text) he’ll come home later than usual. Meaning, it was the usual thing for Baekhyun, too. He wouldn’t know probably. After all, he’s going to make sure he’ll go home even before Kyungsoo does.

 

“Sup, Baekeroo. How come you’ve only – Woah! What is a kid doing in here?!” Jongdae, the bartender clamps his mouth shut in order not to catch any more attention. The backroom of the bar is only exclusive to employees and close friends of Jongdae – also the owner – so it was pretty convenient and not much trouble to get the both of them in.

 

“I can’t leave him alone in the house.” Baekhyun mutters. He pulls out a smoke and lights it up. Jongdae looks appalled. “What?”

 

“You’re smoking in front of a kid?”

 

Baekhyun blows a smoke. “So what? He’s seen me do this numerous times.”

 

Luhan nods. “And every time he does, the seconds in his lifespan tick out.” He exclaims as if proud to tell that he knows this information. Jongdae and Baekhyun looks at him weirdly. Baekhyun looks at his cigarette and discards it on the ashtray nearby as quickly as he light it up.

 

“Anyways,” Baekhyun clears his throat. “Care to watch this kid while I go perform?”

 

“Yeah, sure.” Jongdae answers because he’s got no other option. Baekhyun was already heading out towards the main room and disappears in one of those silk curtain. The crowd roars and claps once they’ve seen said man. Jongdae sighs and looks down on Luhan.

 

“I’ve got a bar to tend to. Think you can be a good boy and just stay put in the dressing room?”

 

Luhan’s a good angel so he nods.

 

 

 

 

 

 In every object he touches, Luhan gains flashbacks and visions of the things that happened a while back. Luhan sits on the couch and looks around. Then suddenly, the air around him turned humid and the color around him turns gray.

 

“Baekhyun!” Jongdae wears a different shirt today. Luhan realizes he’s looking in a flashback. Baekhyun storms inside the dressing room sobbing uncontrollably. He sits beside Luhan and puts his hands on his face as he weeps. Jongdae lets out a sigh and stood in front of him. “Baekhyun, please talk to me.”

 

“I miss him, Dae.” Baekhyun looks up at Jongdae tearfully. “I miss – I m-miss my baby.” He cries.

 

Time continues and everything went back to normal. Luhan finds himself alone again after the scene ended.

 

Baby. Luhan hums in wonder. The five-year old kicks back and stands up on his feet, looking around with his hands on his back. He walks slowly, walking and walking as he looks around the little dressing room. He fingers the little black cases and plastic cassettes lined up on the shelf. He doesn’t recognize the people but Luhan bets that these people must have sung beautifully. Though some people he recognizes. He must have seen them somewhere up in heaven. He doesn’t quite remember. He’s not that good with faces.

 

He stops in front of the mirror with bright lights. The color changes again.

 

“Stop drinking.” Jongdae said behind Baekhyun. Said man lifts his head up to look at Jongdae through the mirror. “Stop drinking. You look like a mess. Why don’t you go home and take a rest, Baekhyun?” He approaches the man and holds his shoulder. “Baekhyun –“

 

“Home?” Baekhyun scoffs a laugh. “I have no home. Not anymore.” He downs his glass of scotch and laughs. “Not anymore.”

 

Jongdae sighs. “Baekhyun –“

 

“It doesn’t feel like home anymore.” Baekhyun whispers brokenly. “I want my Yeollie back.”

 

Luhan turns his head to the side and blinks innocently at the picture frame lying on one of desks. Time continues and the color is back to normal as he approaches said desk. In one huff, he crawls his way up the tall chair and sits comfortably – he even took his time to make himself comfortable – then he proceeds to pick up said picture in his hands.

 

A picture of a kid with big unique ears. Baekhyun has him wrapped around his arms with his lips pressed against chubby cheek. They were smiling on the camera that clearly expresses joy and love. It must be heartbreaking, Luhan thinks, to have the person you love ripped apart without you even expecting it. Somehow he can feel the heartbreak that the elder feels because he can feel that foreign terrible ache in his chest.

 

“What are you doing, kid?”

 

Luhan turns his head and smiles when he sees Baekhyun. The latter looked tired and he smells of beer. Nevertheless, Luhan doesn’t mind. Baekhyun approaches him and stops midway when he sees the familiar photo on his desk. He frowns then looks at Luhan. “Have you been snooping in my stuffs?”

 

Luhan smiles and shakes his head. Then he stares at the photo.

 

Baekhyun runs his fingers through his hair and picks the kid up. “Come on. Let’s go home.”

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo is livid.

 

“Where were you?” Kyungsoo takes one sniff then scowls. “You went to the bar?” Then a growl. “And you took Luhan with you?! Are you crazy?!” Baekhyun sighs and runs his fingers through his hair. “I thought I told you that I’d be coming home late. Why are you acting up again?!”

 

“I’m not acting up, okay?” Baekhyun mutters and walks past him. “I’m tired let me go and –“ Kyungsoo grabs his wrist and pulls him back.

 

“No, we’ll talk right now.” Kyungsoo places a hand on his hips. “Baekhyun, I thought you stopped that habit of excessive drinking and bar hoping. What’s going on? You even brought Luhan with you? What the hell have you been thinking?!”

 

Luhan has his eyes wide, shrinking. Baekhyun hisses. “Kyungsoo, let’s take this upstairs. Not in front of Luhan, please.”

 

Kyungsoo scowls. “All you do is run away, Baekhyun. You think I’m gonna let you off again? I don’t even know what the started that drinking habit of yours. Stop running away and let’s talk, dammit!”

 

“Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun snaps. “I said, let’s talk upstairs!”

 

They didn’t notice Luhan running away. The loud ow coming from the living room snapped the both of them back. Baekhyun immediately came to where Luhan was and sees the kid sitting on the floor, nursing his knee that’s starting to turn red. Luhan sniffles and tries to hold it in but you can see how painful the fall is coming from his face.

 

“I-I’ll go get the medicine kit.” Kyungsoo runs to the hall. Baekhyun scoops Luhan up and places him on his lap once they’ve took a seat in the living room. Luhan sniffles and wipes his eyes with his sleeves. It didn’t take long for Kyungsoo to come back. Immediately he takes position beside Baekhyun and opens the kit, taking the necessary things to clean the little yet painful wound.

 

“You should be careful next time.” Baekhyun said to Luhan.

 

“I’m sorry.” Luhan whispers.

 

“Me, too.”

 

It was Kyungsoo who said that but instead of looking at Luhan, he has his eyes fixated at Baekhyun. Baek

Please log in to read the full chapter