Prompt 43

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: make a thriller fic. (note this prompter aka a friend of mine is a major kaibaek trash.)

Word Count: 2401

 

Jongin met the love of his life in college.

 

Baekhyun sniffs and pushes his glasses up his nose when he sees the familiar face of his partner from filmography, a smile ready on his face. He looks like the stereotypical nerd and Jongin admits that it’s actually one of the reason why he looks cute. He smiles as he sits down next to him. “So how’s the project?” He asked.

 

Baekhyun beams. ‘”It’s almost complete.” He wipes his prized camcorder with the hem of his shirt. “Thanks to your brother. The scene to the valley is really great.”

 

“Ah,” Jongin blushes at the memory. The trip has many great memories. Not only did his family have to meet Baekhyun, they also have their intimate moments that he will cherish forever. He cleared his throat in embarrassment at the memory of Baekhyun’s gorgeous look while wearing traditional clothing. “It was a fun experience. Hyung wanted you to come back again at break.”

 

“I would love to!” Baekhyun exclaims in glee, cheeks turning pink. “I would greatly love that.”

 

Jongin smiles, feeling his heart pounding furiously.

 

 

 

 

 

While idling around in their dorm room, they froze when they heard the news anchor reports a psychopath on the loose. Baekhyun visibly gulps while hearing it. Jongin admits on feeling his neck hair go up when the reporter tells the man’s recent crimes, but it looks like Baekhyun has it worse. “Hey,” He hands the older male his cup of hot chocolate before nursing his. “You all right? Don’t worry. It’s just at the city part. We’re at the opposite side, remember?”

 

The expression on Baekhyun’s face never changed.

 

“Hey, Jongin.” He whispers then slowly looks at him. “Can I tell you a secret?”

 

Jongin hums. “Sure.”

 

“That man.” He points at the screen. “Do you believe that I used to date him?”

 

Jongin almost drops the mug.

 

The night continues with Jongin now sitting beside Baekhyun.

 

“He wasn’t like that before.” Baekhyun trails. He’s all curled up on the couch, knees pressed against chest and glasses hanging off his nose. He looks down, staring at his untouched chocolate and Jongin can feel the sadness radiating on the man. “Kyungsoo wasn’t like that.”

 

Jongin can’t help but pry. “What started it all?”

 

“His stepfather used to him repeatedly.” Baekhyun says in a hush tone. “And when his mother killed his stepfather, she got arrested and sentenced to death due to the big influence her husband’s side of the family has.” Jongin got this urge to wrap the man in a tight hug, but restrained. “I met Kyungsoo on our first year.”

 

Baekhyun looks up with a smile. “He’s a great guy. A sweet and charming person. I have no idea how it all happened. One minute I was studying all by myself in this café near Uni, the next we were already talking like we knew each other since forever. At that moment, I swear, I’m in love.”

 

Jongin can’t help but feel jealous because the way Baekhyun talks about this guy is like he’s perfect. “Then what happened?” He opted to ask instead.

 

“There’s a professor who wanted to take advantage of me at the middle of the year.” Baekhyun looks down in bitterness. “I was failing and he wanted me to do things for him to get at least a passing grade to salvage my scholarship. And when I refused he,”

 

Jongin tensed. “He what?”

 

“He forced himself on me.” Baekhyun buried his nose on his knees, his arms shaking. “He forced himself on me and he threatened that he will expel me from this school if I tell. So I shut up.”

 

Jongin is livid.

 

“Who was that mothering professor you’re talking about? How dare he?” Jongin mutters a low curse with teeth gritted. He clenches his fist. He feels like he’s gonna blow up. They’re already graduating and yet, that professor might still be here in this university as we speak. “Tell me, hyung. Who was it?!”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes went wide when he sees Jongin’s expression. And then he sighs and looks away. “It was Professor Wu.”

 

Hearing that name, Jongin stilled. “Wu? Like – Like that guy they saw hanging on the bridge? That Professor Wu?”

 

Baekhyun nods. “I never told anyone – anyone except Kyungsoo. And when Kyungsoo found out, he – he started acting… weird. Then before the news break out at what happened to the professor, I saw Kyungsoo in our shared dorm room covered in blood, but he looks… so… pleased.”

 

“Baekhyunnie, you’re safe.” Kyungsoo whispers to him as he caressed Baekhyun’s cheeks with his bloodied hands, oblivious at his horrified expression. “No one will hurt you anymore. No one.”

 

“I didn’t tell.” Baekhyun’s eyes were turning glassy. “I didn’t tell because I love him. But the number of deaths around the people I know… they started to multiply.”

 

“Professors, students, even the innocent ones.” Baekhyun cries. “I knew I had to take action so I told the police about him and then –“ He bursts out crying. With his head in his hands, Baekhyun sobs hysterically. “I have no other choice! I’m sorry!”

 

Jongin stiffens when Baekhyun throws himself on him. “I’m scared! I’m scared about the possibility that maybe he’s going to come after me!” Jongin cradles him and pressed his face against his hair, hushing him, giving him the comfort that he desperately needs.

 

“No, he won’t. Nothing’s going to hurt you.” Jongin whispers. “I’m here. I promise to protect you.”

 

Baekhyun sniffles and looks up at him shakily. “Y-You mean it?”

 

“Yeah,” Jongin chuckles softly. “I do.”

 

Baekhyun looks down shyly in a brief moment, his cheeks tinting a pink hue. Slowly he looks up and leans forward with Jongin meeting him halfway for a kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

They started dating after that.

 

Now sharing an apartment instead of staying at the university do

Please log in to read the full chapter