Prompt 51

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: Kyungsoo is low-key stalking the handsome waitress from the Chinese restaurant and Minseok is too loud for his own good making Kyungsoo’s plan fail epic-ly but thanks to that he scores a date with the waitress.

Word Count: 1642

 

Kyungsoo is beyond confused.

 

It started that afternoon around lunch. Kyungsoo had been craving for some Chinese since yesterday and decided to go down his favorite restaurant to eat. It’s been a while since he went here the last time and because he was down to a tight budget then, he needed to cut eating out and ate canned goods and ramen noodles instead.

 

After he got a promotion, his money doubled but his time for himself hit rock bottom. He’s always tired and wasted from all of the work piled up on his desk. He groans and feels pained. It was a good thing he found a reliable employee to train in helping him do all of the work. (People tell him that Sehun is a piece of work but he isn’t like that to Kyungsoo. He’s actually a good kid.) Now that he finally have a time for himself, the first thing he wanted to do is treat himself something nice to eat.

 

And boy did he get a treat.

 

Kyungsoo is so hungry that all he thinks about is food, food, food so does not understand why he’s suddenly openly gawking at the beautiful waitress standing in front of him asking for his order. He gulps hard, eyes wide and mouth slightly parted as he stares. Beautiful brow eyes staring at him waiting and delicate fingers holding the notepad and the pen on the other.

 

Holy .

 

“Sir, your order?”

 

Can I have you on the go?

 

He doesn’t trust his voice.

 

He blindly points at a random meal on the menu. The waitress scribbles on the pad when she spotted. She also notes how he’s been openly staring because she suddenly became shy and her cheeks were flushed red. “I-Is that all, sir?”

 

Kyungsoo nods dumbly.

 

The waitress bows her head and quickly walks away to go to the counter. Kyungsoo hunches forward and leans his head on his hand, letting out a dreamy sigh.

 

It wasn’t after that night when he was about to go to sleep that he realized he just openly gawked at the waitress at the restaurant. It’s not supposed to be a weird thing because to be honest, it’s a normal thing to do if you’re a straight man.

 

But the thing is, he’s not straight.

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, so you’re telling me that you went to this Chinese restaurant and saw this very attractive woman that you want to bone despite you being one hundred percent into .”

 

Kyungsoo sighs exasperatedly. “Hyung, I did not say that I want to bone her.”

 

“But the way you describe her to me is like you want to.” Minseok folds his arms against his chest and looks at his younger subordinate in amusement. Kyungsoo groans. “Look, it’s not worth having a crisis, you know.”

 

“You don’t understand!” Kyungsoo points to himself. “I’m gay!”

 

“Yes, you are gay.” Minseok nods. “And you like this girl.”

 

Kyungsoo scoffs a laugh. “No.” And then slowly, he falters. “Kind of. I think. I don’t know.” He moans in agony. “I don’t know!”

 

“Hey, I think it’s pretty normal for –“ Minseok heaves out a sigh. “And he’s gone.” He watches as Kyungsoo runs out of his office. He hums in amusement before sitting back on his chair. “He’ll get over it.”

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo curls on his bed.

 

He can’t believe that his life had been a lie.

 

All his life, he believed that he doesn’t find women attractive. His interest in women are straight out zero and that his attraction generally is focused on guys with big rock abs and a handsome face that can make you swoon. But no, Kyungsoo finds himself falling for this beautiful waitress.

 

Maybe, he’s straight after all.

 

Maybe…

 

Maybe…

 

Those maybe’s lasted for about a month (it’s just for a week, really. Kyungsoo’s just exaggerating. Though, it did feel like a month) before Kyungsoo finally grasped himself and accepted reality that, yes, he’s straight as a ruler and yes, he’s greatly attracted to straight women.

 

Kyungsoo heaves out a sigh as he stares at himself in the mirror.

 

This is first day of being a straight guy.

 

 

 

 

 

Every Wednesday, Kyungsoo would visit the restaurant (he wanted to do i

Please log in to read the full chapter