Prompt 58 - a

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: a D.I.D baeksoo fic

Word Count: 2441

 

Everyone knows first loves comes at a very young age. Baekhyun’s case, however, he found his first love when he’s at the age of 23.

 

Photography is his passion. Sitting on the park and taking pictures of pigeons eating the food the old lady throws at them on the ground. It seems normal but Baekhyun can make the magic of making a simple leaf falling on the ground turn into perfection. He looks at the several pictures he took and smiles in pride.

 

Despite working at an insurance company (that he despises) his heart belongs to the world of photography. And despite his parents’ strong dissatisfaction of that hobby (and his orientation,) he still continues because it’s what he wants (perks of being a grownup.)

 

It was around the time he’s strolling down the pond when he saw him.

 

Staring at the ripple forming, the beautiful stranger watches fondly as the mother duck helps her ducklings swim. When one duckling managed to clumsily knock himself on his mother, the beautiful stranger cracked a smile. Baekhyun’s breath hitched at the sight. He could not control his heart pounding massively. His mind is in jumbles, but his movements are clear.

 

He needs to take a picture.

 

Once, twice, he snaps continuously. The view is perfect and his pose is natural. He doesn’t why he has this sudden urge to do this, but he needs to capture every one of his movements. He looks at the person one more time and smiles before taking another shot. However, when he pulls the camera away, he spots the stranger staring at him. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide. The stranger gestures for him to stay put.

 

“I could tell you to the police, you know.” Beautiful stranger said to him after approaching. “What you’re doing is illegal and bad. Taking pictures without the person’s consent. For all I know, you’re some creepy stalker preying on innocent people.” 

 

Baekhyun gulps hard nervously. “I-I swear i-it’s not like that! I-I didn’t mean to… look,” He takes his camera. “I’ll d-delete the pictures if –“ His ramblings were cut off by soft laughter. Baekhyun is taken back and quickly snaps his head up to look at him. Eyes crinkled in delight and a gorgeous heart-shaped smile.

 

ing hell. Can’t he be more beautiful enough?

 

“I was joking.” Beautiful stranger smiles. “You can keep it. You don’t look like a creeper. Plus,” He moves closer to take a look of the pictures. Baekhyun gulps hard at the sudden proximity. “These are so good! Suddenly, I look so good at these pictures.”

 

No, that’s just your natural beauty.

 

“T-Thank you.” Baekhyun bows his head politely at the compliment.

 

Beautiful stranger graces him once again with his beautiful laugh. Okay, he’s using the word beautiful so much now. Wow, really Byun?

 

“I’m Kyungsoo, by the way.” Beautiful stranger – Kyungsoo reaches out his hand for him to shake. “Do Kyungsoo. What’s yours?” Baekhyun timidly accepts it.

 

“Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Kyungsoo grins and tilts his head. “It’s nice to meet you.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, wow. That is such a lovely story.” Jongdae deadpans as he slowly claps his hands. “But as much as I want to hear your backstory of this guy who keeps on friend zoning you, I’d rather go back to my post. Apparently, there’s a new CEO here.”

 

Baekhyun wanted to point out that Kyungsoo isn’t friend zoning him. He’s just oblivious to his advances. But then the sudden mention of the new CEO has Baekhyun downing his coffee immediately. “Wait, really? I didn’t know that.”

 

“Uh-huh.” Jongdae nods and walks to the direction of their office department. Baekhyun follows. “CEO Do is retiring soon and he wants his son to take over.”

 

Just as Jongdae drones on about his work crisis, Baekhyun spots a familiar figure standing in front of the vending machine. It didn’t take long before he could noticed who so he flashes Jongdae a smile. “Hey, I’m going to take a piss or something. You go on ahead.” Jongdae nods at this and shrugs before leaving. Baekhyun smiles and runs off…

 

…to the opposite direction of where the bathroom was.

 

He sneaks behind the man slowly, creeping closer and closer. Then he grabs the man by the shoulder, startling him. “Kyungsoo-yah!” He exclaims.

 

Instead of the surprised scream he’s expecting, there was nothing. Kyungsoo slowly turns around and then raised a brow sternly. Baekhyun can literally feel the intimidating aura. His piercing gaze against his thick-rimmed glasses and his mouth etched into a frightening frown. And with a deep gruff, he spats.

 

“Who are you?”

 

Baekhyun blinks. “K-Kyungsoo? It’s me, Baekhyun…”

 

“I don’t want to repeat my question.” Kyungsoo glares. “Who. Are. You?”

 

Baekhyun takes a step back. Oh, … maybe he’s got the wrong person. But they look so alike! That can’t be possible. Baekhyun finds himself backing away as this Kyungsoo look-alike takes a step forward to take a closer look at him. Even his perfectly styled hair looks intimidating to him. , what the did you just do, Byun Baekhyun?

 

“Don’t… cross me ever again.” Kyungsoo said and walks away after that. Baekhyun looks so floored and so… scared. He can’t believe someone as innocent and pure like Kyungsoo would even make an expression like that – even if it’s just a look-alike.

 

, now he really needed to pee.

 

 

 

 

 

The new CEO turned out to be a monster.

 

Yes, and he’s actually that Kyungsoo look-alike.

 

Amazing, right?

 

He discloses his real name and introduces himself as D.O. If that’s not scary enough, he immediately had ordered to get all employee profile requested from the HR so he can review them one by one. , Baekhyun inwardly curses. Somehow he’s got a feeling that he’s going to be fired sooner or later. If ever that happens, please it let be after payday.

 

 

 

 

 

It was Saturday when he met up with Kyungsoo at their spot at the park.

Please log in to read the full chapter