Prompt 21 - a

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: Can you perhaps write an arranged marriage story where they are the heirs to their father’s business and hate each other’s guts? (1/3)

Word Count: 2768

 

My father always tells me that you need to learn to look back to where you started and appreciate everything that’s right in front of you. It’s a lesson that he keeps on saying over and over after he scolds me whenever I threw a fit. Partly, I may add that the reason for my spoiled behavior is because of my mother, but that is apparently not a valid excuse.

 

Why am I telling you this? Well, it’s because it all started because of me.

 

 

 

 

September 2008

 

“This is bad, you shouldn’t be here.” Jongdae whispers against his ear in a panicky manner. “This is a senior party, we shouldn’t be here! Why did you drag me here again?” He cowers when he hears a girl curse out loud when he managed to bump into her. “S-Sorry.”

 

“Look, it’s not a big deal.” Baekhyun grins. “Siwon invited us, remember?”

 

“But still, we shouldn’t be here.” Jongdae cringes when Baekhyun accepts a red cup of beer from a drunk Sungmin, who apparently is the owner of the house, and urges them to have fun upon seeing Jongdae’s tense face. “Baekhyun, your father will be so mad if he finds out.”

 

Baekhyun downs his cup and grins. “Look, I told you. I will get rid of this v-card tonight. I didn’t pressure you to come here.” He takes a sip and almost gags at the taste but he forces himself to drink all. “No strings attached. No commitments, just .”

 

“It’s going to hurt.”

 

“A lot.” Baekhyun cackles. “ the first time hurts, we all know that.” He grins at Jongdae and pats his back. “You, my friend, need to relax and have fun. And maybe you can get someone in bed tonight.” He winks and skips towards the person he wants to bang, Choi Siwon.

 

Choi Siwon, the ever so popular football jock who gives Baekhyun sweet smiles and flirtatious winks that makes his skin tingle in delight. He’s also the same person who got Baekhyun drunk that night and got him so smashed. Also the same person that stole his first kiss and the first person who touched his other than his hand at the very dark place in the kitchen.

 

“Yah, we’re leaving.” Siwon slurs and waves to his friends. Baekhyun was wrapped around his arm. At the sight of their friend’s conquest for the night, they whooped and gave him catcalls and teases. Baekhyun takes pride in this. For your first time to be taken by god, Choi Siwon, it would be such an honor.

 

But as they were leaving the porch, a timid voice interrupted them. “Baekhyun.” It said.

 

Baekhyun raises his head from Siwon’s arm and looks at the direction of the voice. “Kyungsoo?”

 

Do Kyungsoo, that 15 year old freshmen kid who keeps on fanboying over Baekhyun’s singing. Every vocal choir practice he was always there and he would rain praises and compliments over the elder. It was really funny, seeing this little crush the younger kid is harboring.

 

“Hey, I was right. I-I thought you’d be here.”

 

Siwon isn’t really a mean guy like those stereotypical jocks in movies so he grins at Kyungsoo and waves. (And then there’s this fact that Siwon when drunk is a happy drunk – a happy drunk.) “Yo, kid. You should go back inside and have some fun! Chicks are there and if you’re in the same field, go fool around with some twinks. Go!”

 

“A-Ah, but I wanted to show you something, B-Baekhyun-sunbae.” Kyungsoo pushes his thick-rimmed glasses up his nose as he rummaged through his knapsack. “I-It’s a composition that I made, you know, and I-I was thinking if… if you wanted to sing it to this school year’s festival.”

 

“I’m gonna go start the car.” Siwon hiccups and moves away to walk towards said vehicle, while Baekhyun, who’s now sober out of frustration, plasters a fake smile at Kyungsoo. The oblivious kid doesn’t notice.

 

“Look Kyungsoo, how about you go to the playground and wait for me there, alright?” Baekhyun pats his cheek making the latter blush. “And I’ll see the composition you made. Let me hear it from you first before I test it out, what do you say?”

 

“T-That’s great!” Kyungsoo beams and bows his head. “I-I’ll go now. I’ll be waiting!” Then he runs off.

 

That night, Baekhyun lost his first time at the back of Siwon’s car. The car was shaking and the windows were all fogged up. It hurts, but pleasurable to Baekhyun because oh lord, Siwon really knows how to make you feel good. Jongdae, dead drunk, managed to score a from senior’s pretty boy, Luhan. And Kyungsoo…

 

Kyungsoo sat there waiting at the swings for the boy who never came.

 

 

 

 

 

 

May 2016

 

“Look, I don’t want to get married.” Baekhyun bursts out in frustration. He has his fingers wrapped tight in his hair and screams in agony and hatred about his parents who keeps on pestering him about the upcoming engagement. “I’m still young. I’m 24 for god’s sake! The world is my oyster!”

 

“I don’t know, maybe it will make you grow up, you know. Think mature.” Jongdae waves his fingers and shrugs. “And will you keep it down? Luhan’s sleeping and I don’t want you to wake him up because of your silly outbursts.”

 

“Ah, you’re no help either.” Baekhyun falls back on his chair with a pout. “Ever since you got married, you’re no fun anymore.”

 

“Being married is a start of a new adventure, Baek.” Jongdae grins. “It’s not that bad.”

 

“Not that bad, my .”

 

Whatever retort it is that Jongdae’s going to throw died down when they see a commercial about the newest Audi sports car. Kyungsoo was driving with a girl beside him then flashes a y smirk before the screen turned dark and a silver letterings of a new sports car experience were shown. Baekhyun fake gags at the sight.

 

Do Kyungsoo transferred school after that night and didn’t show his face until December 2013. Baekhyun was celebrating New Year’s Eve in this club when he sees his girlfriend in the VIP section of the bar, sitting on the lap of this stranger. And he doesn’t realize until the next morning that the person he almost got in a fist fight with was none other Do Kyungsoo when they see each other again at the company’s business conference with their fathers.

 

Baekhyun knows the ropes and mechanics of how the business works and how a car runs, but it seems like Kyungsoo is born to surpass him. He aims to please the other company representatives to boost their company’s popularity, but all attention was at Do ing Kyungsoo and his charismatic words and charming smile. Dammit, even his father was amazed.

 

Kyungsoo pats his cheek and smirks. “See you next conference, buddy.”

 

Oh, the nerve.

 

“Well, what do you know? Never knew Kyungsoo would make it this big. And I hear their company’s morale is boosting after that merger in Japan.” Jongdae lights up his cigarette and blows a puff of smoke. Baekhyun grits his teeth. “You know, if I were in his place, I would really hate you too because of what you did.”

 

“I was young and stupid and not to mention, really . Sue me.”

Please log in to read the full chapter