Prompt 63 - b

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: goblin!au kyungsoo is the goblin and baekhyun as the grim reaper

Note: master coconut decided it won’t be canon to the series. Master coconut loves the series too much and the coco doesn’t want to touch that. Some events might be similar because duh this is goblin!au for a reason, but the relationship dynamics and plot backstory will be all made by moi. I am fab (remember that, hoomans.)

Word Count: 2146

 

He stared long and hard at the goblin in front of him. They’re currently sitting at the goblin’s living room. It’s intimidating, to be honest, nowhere near his grubby living room. Even the drapes at the big windows are intimidating him too. Kyungsoo folds his arms against his chest and raised a brow.

 

“So you want my help with what exactly?”

 

“You lived for 400 years, right?”

 

“It’s actually 900 but I’m flattered you view me as someone younger.” Kyungsoo grins cheekily, obviously pleased. He ignores that and continues.

 

“Do you…” He pauses for a moment. There’s a nervous chill running through his spine and he thinks that maybe, yes what he is doing right now is crazy. But just at the thought of that boy he saw at the kindergarten, he continues his resolve. “By chance, have you encountered my past self?”

 

Without hesitation. “Maybe I do, maybe I don’t.”

 

The reaper holds his gaze. “So you do know.”

 

“Nobody knows~”

 

“Goblin!” Kyungsoo keeps the smile that’s plastered on his face. It’s annoys him. “Tell me.”

 

“If I tell you, would it do you any good?” The goblin said. “After all, you became reaper to repent for the sin you had done in your past life. And that would only mean that the sin you have caused is something… unpardonable.”

 

He stills.

 

Kyungsoo tilts his head. “Aren’t I right, reaper?”

 

He looks down on his hands and clenched them. Of course, he had remembered that. Their memories are wiped out in order for them not to remember their gruesome and bitter past lives. He remembers their senior telling them that when he’s just a reaper in training. His eyes went wide. Does that mean he had done something bad… to that child?

 

“Plus, I’m not allowed to talk about it so if you want to remember, you’ll just have to find out for yourself.” Kyungsoo grins. “Sorry, love.”

 

The reaper slowly nods. “I… understand.” He stood up carefully on his seat and walks away with head hang low.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo watches as the reaper exits his property in disappointment. He feels bad for doing this, but he has to. With arms folded against his chest, he looks down on the window.

 

“I’m sorry.” He whispers. “I don’t think you’re still not ready to know the truth.”

 

However, upon seeing his dejected face…  Kyungsoo just couldn’t… He groans and drags a hand down his face. After that fateful meeting, somehow this goblin couldn’t stay away from this reaper. He just found himself worrying… watching over him.

 

Kyungsoo sighs.

 

“Look like I have to play fairy godmother again.”

 

 

 

 

 

After his daily duties, he finds himself again standing under the shade of tree. He’s wearing his black fedora hat so that he’s not visible to any human eyes.

 

He sees him again – the kid.

 

He’s wearing that same school uniform and there’s that same smile plastered on his cute face. Those brown locks that sways along the breeze as it passes through his face.

 

Seeing the kid – Seeing Sehun somehow makes his heart hurt. There’s a feeling of longing and a feeling of… wanting. Wanting to hold him. Wanting to touch those soft little hands and wanting to pull him close into his arms. The reaper swallows the lump in his throat and it wasn’t long before he felt another tear sliding down his cheek. He blinks rapidly and wipes the lone tear away quickly.

 

Confused isn’t even half the fraction of what he is feeling.

 

The goblin knows something – it’s obvious, but seeking his help deems to be useless. He needs to do something if he wants to know more so he decided to follow the kid. He ended up sitting on one of the abandoned swings watching other kids play with Sehun. He waited when they were inside during lessons and gives out tiny laughs whenever something silly happened. He just sat there and watched…

 

But then work suddenly called and he needs to leave. After giving one last look at Sehun, he turned around and walks away, vanishing into air after a few minutes.

 

 

 

 

 

Windy days like this is one of the few things he likes about fall. The leaves falling down and the laughter of the people around him as he walks along the pavement on the nearby park. He looks up and basks in the small warmth that was until he hears footsteps following him. He stills and quickly snaps his head behind only to find none.

 

“Nice weather, eh?”

 

The reaper clamps his eyes shut and heaves out a sigh. “And here I was hoping you wouldn’t come and ruin my day.”

 

“Ouch.” Kyungsoo feigns hurt and grabs his chest. “That aches my heart.”

 

He sighs and folds his arms against his chest. “What are you doing here, really?”

Please log in to read the full chapter