Prompt 47

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: make a heart wrenching baeksoo story.

Warning: suicide

Word Count: 1338

 

He never knew that friendship can break so easy like this.

 

“You love me?” He watches as Baekhyun scoffs a laugh. He looks around and then scratches the back of his head before looking at him smugly. “Yah, Kyungsoo-yah. You must be kidding, right? You’re… You’re joking, aren’t you? Come on.” He playfully gives the man a punch on the chest. When Kyungsoo didn’t budge, he frowns. “Y-Yah.”

 

Kyungsoo looks at his best friend since diapers with a solemn expression. And that’s when Baekhyun realizes that no, his best friend isn’t kidding. Kyungsoo watches as Baekhyun took a step back and another, getting away from him. Panic and fear surged through his system because yes, things aren’t going to be same anymore and no, there’s no use of turning back time.

 

He tries to reach him. “B-Baekhyun-ah –“

 

“Get away from me.” Baekhyun glares at him. “Get away from me.” He waves him off and runs.

 

 

 

 

 

He never knew that people can change so easily.

 

Kyungsoo stares at his desk and sees heavy vandalism on the seat. He tries to lift his chair up in an attempt to get it changed but the moment he did, one of the legs fell. Kyungsoo gulps hard and looks around the room, finally noticing the gaze and silence. His gaze landed at Baekhyun, who was looking ahead with a bored expression on his face and then towards his other classmates who started whispers towards each other.

 

Kyungsoo could only pull out his handkerchief and started scrubbing the vandals off, an ineffective action since the writings aren’t coming off. But still, it helps him keep busy to stop the tears from falling.

 

It helps.

 

It really does.

 

 

 

 

 

It was his duty today to fix the balls in the gym storage room. He was in the middle of sorting them when he heard the door shut close. His eyes went wide.

 

“H-Hey!” Kyungsoo ran towards the door and hits it with his fists. “Hey, open the door!” He grabs the handle and tries to push all of his might to get the door to open. “Hey!” He shouts again. He heard a few snickers from the opposite side. Kyungsoo kicks the door. “Please!”

 

In the end, Kyungsoo sits down on the floor with his knees pressed up against his chest, shivering.

 

It’s a cold night and Kyungsoo feels scared.

 

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun, please…” Kyungsoo looks at his best friend. “Please.”

 

It was lunch time and Baekhyun’s friends stop chattering once they’ve saw Kyungsoo. It took a minute before Baekhyun looks up and meets his eyes.

 

“Look, I don’t associate myself with people like you.” Baekhyun spits out. “Get the hell out of my face, .”

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, hey, Soo.” Baekhyun flashes him a toothy grin. “Let’s be friends forever, okay?”

 

Kyungsoo sniffs and nods, beaming. “Okay, Baek!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

He doesn’t understand why things began to suddenly act like a domino effect.

 

“I don’t want to do this anymore!”

 

“You have a side-guy, huh? Is that it? You’re just in it for the money!”

 

“Money? Right, like you even act like you’re my husband! All you do is gamble and waste our money away!”

 

“You !”

 

Kyungsoo covers his ears with his hands and curls up on the bed as tears stream down his face.

 

 

 

 

 

“S-Sir, what are you talking about?” Kyungsoo tries to smile but he couldn’t. “I-I’ve been preparing for this my whole life. This decathlon is my chance to get a good spot at the best university. You told me about this.”

 

The principal lets out a heavy sigh. “I’m sorry, Kyungsoo. But I believe that Hyunsik is even more capable on participating this event.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter