Prompt 53

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: write a baeksoo love story

Word Count: 2757

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t believe in destiny and all those other bulls that romanticists keeps on spouting about finding true love in the most unbelievable and cliché way possible. For Kyungsoo is a man that just lives the life to the way life wanted him to live.

 

It was in high school when he first met Byun Baekhyun. He’s this weird fifteen year old back at freshmen year that keeps on making weird faces every time he makes a joke. What’s there to talk about him? Well, he’s a people pleaser, a social guy whose line of friends are endless that even the students at the neighboring school knows his name (he’s really that friendly.) And then, there’s him – Do Kyungsoo, who’s… just Do Kyungsoo.

 

This story is supposed to be about love and romance bull between the two but not every single thing that happens in life started out two people meeting each other’s eyes for the first – gazes locked in awe. Their lips parted slightly as they stare and they can feel their heart thumping so fast that – yeah, that’s not it.

 

To be honest, Kyungsoo doesn’t even know he’s going to end up with Byun Baekhyun in the future. Why? Because first and foremost, Kyungsoo doesn’t harbor any crushes back at freshmen year.

 

He doesn’t understand why people would pressure you on asking, hey, who’s your crush? Or randomly pair you up with some random guy and then, oh my god, Kyungsoo totally likes Sungmin-sunbae! I mean, is it really bad if you admit that you don’t have any crushes at school? Would it be weird if you say you don’t find anyone in school that you deem attractive?

 

Apparently, it is because soon enough Kyungsoo ends up blurting he likes Kim Joonmyeon of the other section even though he has zero feelings towards the guy. Joonmyeon ended up flashing him smiles and would sometimes avoid him due to embarrassment because duh, that’s the normal thing people would do if they found out that person likes them. I mean, it’s stupid after thinking about it now, you know, the avoiding thing, but that’s the reality, folks. I know you do the same, don’t be a hypocrite.

 

On the other side of the story, Byun Baekhyun did nothing but goof off and play around. But his friends knew that he’s dating someone outside of school – his classmate back at middle school – and that they’re going through some rough changes.

 

On their sophomore year, that’s when Kyungsoo’s love story began.

 

“Hey.” Kyungsoo looks at his classmate, Kim Jongin. “So you’re my seatmate. Cool.”

 

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo offers a tight-lipped smile. “Cool.”

 

Kim Jongin was his classmate back at freshmen year but they never talked to each other that much though they knew of each other’s existence. And that’s when they were seated next to each other at sophomore year, Kyungsoo got to know him a little more.

 

Kyungsoo finds beauty a secondary thing when it comes to attractiveness. What he solely focuses on is the feeling that the other would give off, if he/she makes him feel comfortable whenever they’re around him. Kyungsoo by nature is an awkward guy and he doesn’t last that long when it comes to conversations. Oddly enough, Jongin never felt awkward whenever he’s around (that’s what he says so Kyungsoo believes that) and to be honest, Kyungsoo doesn’t feel awkward around him compared to others.

 

“Stop being lazy, you know.” Jongin chides.

 

“I’m a lazy person by default.” Kyungsoo deadpans. “Sue me.”

 

“Ah,” Kyungsoo’s eyes went wide when he sees Jongin s his bag and takes his phone out. Kyungsoo opens his mouth to protest. “You’re gonna get your phone back once you finished doing the activity for Math. Until then, let me play some Tetris.” Jongin smugly grins and flips Kyungsoo’s phone open.

 

Like any other people. Kyungsoo doesn’t know how he got to like Kim Jongin, but he did and he got it hard. But unlike to any other scenarios he had, it wasn’t awkward and he doesn’t find himself shying away to the arm slings and shoulder pressed together moments during homeroom. It felt… good.

 

“So…” Jongin grins. “Lunch?”

 

Kyungsoo smile and nods.

 

Really good.

 

Just as Kyungsoo’s romance began to start, that’s when Baekhyun’s ended.

 

“Please, be honest with me.” Baekhyun runs a hand down his face and sighs. “Why are you breaking up with me?”

 

Jinah looks up and sighs before meeting his eyes. “I found someone else, okay?” Baekhyun stills. “And I think it’s wrong if I start something with this person if I’m still dating you.” After a pause, she sighs again. “I’m sorry, Baek. Please understand. It’s never going to work anyway.”

 

Baekhyun finds comfort in the arms of his friends.

 

“Hey,” Sehun waves in dismissal and rubs his shoulder in comfort. “Don’t worry about it. You’re gonna be fine.”

 

Even though they at comforting, at least they still provide Baekhyun the distraction he really needs.

 

Junior year was when Kyungsoo feels that Jongin might be feeling the same way, too.

 

They’d share these secret smiles and these skinship that can be seen as friends even though their hearts were beating fast and loud at each other’s proximity. Turns out fate wanted them to be together because they find themselves seated next to each other again and in the same section. Kyungsoo’s peers began to about Jongin and as always, he would deny those with a bashful face.

 

(Yeah, you do this, too. Stop lying.)

 

It was so easy, to be honest: Jongin likes him and he likes Jongin. But then doubts began to cloud your mind and then you can’t help but feel afraid of rejection. I mean, what if Jongin doesn’t really like him, you know? And he’s just overlooking into things. Wouldn’t that be embarrassing?

 

So when Jongin asked him who he likes, he said. “I like Kim Joonmyeon.”

 

Stupid, right? I know!

 

And that lead to Jongin believing and Joonmyeon furthering his advances and trying to get close to him (ugh, junior prom. Erase, erase) and then Jongin’s teasing him about Joonmyeon and Kyungsoo can’t help but wince and hide his grimace whenever he does because ugh! Do Kyungsoo, why would you do that?! You are such an idiot!

 

But Kyungsoo was young and naïve then. Oblivious, actually. So whenever Jongin would about Joonmyeon, Kyungsoo’s idea about Jongin liking him back slowly goes down the drain. Maybe Jongin doesn’t like him after all.

 

(Jongin likes him. Really, really likes him.)

 

On the other side of the story, Baekhyun meets a guy, Luhan was his name, and apparently, he’s Sehun’s ex-boyfriend. Ouch. He got to know that only when Sehun told him about it the next morning after that party. Yikes.

 

So prior to when he still doesn’t know Luhan’s true relation to Sehun, Baekhyun thought that he and Luhan instantly clicks. Well, he thought right because they do really click and Baekhyun finds himself loving Luhan’s company. Luhan’s a senior in high school and he wanted to take up medical technology in college. They shared a few drinks, laugh at their silly conversation and exchanged numbers before parting ways.

 

He told Sehun about this new guy he likes and when he found out about his identity, bam! Sehun drops the bomb.

 

“But hey, it’s okay, man.” Sehun grins. “We’re cool. I’m not gonna get mad or anything. Luhan and I are done. You can go and date him.”

 

“Wait, are you serious?” Baekhyun furrows his brows. “Isn’t it… weird?”

 

“Look, we broke up for a reason, alright?” Sehun chuckles. “If you like Luhan, go.”

 

So Baekhyun did.

Please log in to read the full chapter