Prompt 29

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: make a short fic about baeksoo in their unfair costumes like doc!baek and police!soo

Word Count: 1149

 

Baekhyun glares at his phone. Lips pressed tight in a firm line, arms folded and brows furrowed, he stares at his phone, choosing to pour all of his focus on said device that is lying idly on the counter of the nurses’ station. Jongdae hums.

 

“Boyfriend’s not calling?”

 

Baekhyun sighs and drops the glare. “Boyfriend’s not calling.” He pockets his phone.

 

Jongdae drawls out an “oh” and follows Baekhyun as he walks along the hospital hallway, smiling at greeting nurses in the process. “So tell me what’s got your in a twist? Normally, you aren’t this sulky when he doesn’t call.” Baekhyun sighs.

 

“He hasn’t come home for three days now.” Baekhyun groans. “Because of some stupid stakeout that they had to do about this drug operation.” He ruffles his hair and drags his hand down on his face. “I don’t know which of the two I should be worried about. The fact that he hasn’t eaten properly or the danger he’s in.”

 

“Well, it’s not like you’re different either.” Jongdae mused.

 

Baekhyun stops and thinks. Right, he hasn’t been home for three days now, too. With the chief assigning them – Jongdae and him – on ER, the word rest was out of his vocabulary. It was a good thing Yixing volunteered to transfer with them. With his godly hands, things around the ER aren’t that heart stopping unlike the first time he was assigned there. God bless his soul.

 

“But I am planning on coming home tonight.” Baekhyun said. “Probably to get a quick shower or something.” He pulls out his phone once again and groans. “Still nothing.”

 

“Hey, a stakeout’s not that easy, you know.” Jongdae grins. “For all we know, Kyungsoo has it worse than us.”

 

“Right.” Baekhyun grumbles. “I might cut off that guy’s share of sweets at grocery tomorrow. He’s gaining weight the past few days.” His eyes went wide when he feels his phone vibrating wildly in his lab coat pocket. There was already a smile on his face only to fall when he sees it was the ER’s emergency line.

 

Jongdae whistles. “Work’s calling.” Then they started running.

 

“I just wanted to see him just this once.” Baekhyun groans.

 

Baekhyun narrows his eyes the moment his sight landed on the guy smiling on the emergency bed reserved. A nurse was hovering on his side, cleaning the excess blood making the man hiss and wince. Though, that didn’t last long because his attention was now on the doctor. The man smiles. “Oh hey, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun frowns. “Don’t hey, Baek me.” He growls. “Do Kyungsoo, what the ing hell happened?!”

 

The nurses around them froze as well as Kyungsoo’s partner, Namjoon. Kyungsoo laughs nervously. Baekhyun could be a monster sometimes and right now, Kyungsoo thinks that he’s the reason why the monster inside his boyfriend is going to be unleashed. Slowly, he lifted his other arm gestures gently. “I can explain.”

 

Baekhyun sighs heavily but is still scowling. “Seulgi, can you please be a dear and get Do-sshi to my office, pleas

Please log in to read the full chapter