Prompt 68 (1/2)

Baeksoo Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: twilight!au sehun as edward and kyungsoo as Jacob

Note: believe it or not, my boyfriend is actually a twilight fan (no ) so I’ll just do it as non-canon so that twilight fans won’t rage on me when I did something wrong (I’ll rage on you, too!) the relationships will be similar just like the series, though.

Additional ty note: THIS IS A VALENTINE PRESENT FOR YOU ALL! WHOOOP WHOOP!

Word Count: 8045

 

Kyungsoo has always loved Baekhyun.

 

Ever since they were kids, the first time they met because their fathers were close friends. Kyungsoo isn’t an extrovert and yet there were always kids that surrounds him. Mainly because his father is the town sheriff and they love anyone that has cool parents – especially with big loaded guns and the look of authority. Plus, some kids were children from the pack.

 

Baekhyun is the quiet one. He’s the one who’s always left out. He wasn’t bullied – no, but he preferred to play alone. Kyungsoo often finds himself staring at him so one day, he decided to just it and went over there.

 

“Hi.” He said in a quiet voice. The pale kid looks up at him. “I’m Kyungsoo. Do you wanna play?”

 

He sees Baekhyun gulping hard and slowly reaches out to accept the hand he’s offering. And he sees it. Baekhyun flashes the biggest smile. “Okay.”

 

That was the first time Kyungsoo felt his heart skip a beat.

 

They say that werewolves love for a lifetime. He remembers his mother telling him this one night that a wolf imprints on a person that they have developed a complete sense of trust. A person that they knew would always have their back and that person will be forever bound to them. The person you have imprinted on is the one you will see with you in the future and the one who you’ll be forming a family with.

 

Kyungsoo remembers his father’s imprinting story. The first time he met Kyungsoo’s mother was at a pack war. She was at the opposing faction then and the fight had been very rough. Because other wolves are still brothers and brothers aren’t meant to kill, the fight is whoever gets the other to submit.

 

But the moment he pounced on her, he sees it. It’s like a wave crashing to him – like his soul had been pushed into a different dimension where he sees himself with her, laughing at something he just said then a little kid came waddling towards them making their faces beam. It was unfair, he said then because her pack leader had been a ruthless enemy, but rules are rules. His father howls a ceasefire making them all stop. He shouted at the top of his lungs that he had imprinted on her. That means, his packmates won’t get to touch her and in turn, her packmates won’t get to touch him. They had no choice but to stop the feud.

 

“It was the war of the century. A feud that lasted for years from our forefathers.” His father chuckles softly. “And yet, I still imprinted on your mum. You can’t control who you’d imprint and when it will happen.” He ruffles Kyungsoo’s hair. “It may be the first meeting or you might have met your mate. It’s unexpected. If it happens, let it happen. ”

 

Kyungsoo beams and thinks, when will he meet his mate?

 

Unfortunately, humans aren’t like wolves. They don’t mate for life. When a werewolf loves, they love forever. But humans tend to fall in and out of love rather quickly depending on their emotions.

 

“My parents are separating.” Baekhyun whispers to him. “I’ll be living with my mother back at the city.”

 

Kyungsoo felt his heart sink. “So you won’t be coming to school here again?” Baekhyun shakes his head. “Will I even see you again, Hyun?”

 

“I don’t know.” Baekhyun buries his face in his arms. “But,” He lifts his head up and looks at Kyungsoo with a determined smile. “I’ll see you again. I don’t know when but I’ll try. Plus, we can still talk to each other on the phones like always!”

 

Kyungsoo flashes a hopeful smile. “Really?”

 

Baekhyun nods. “Uh-huh…” He lifts his pinky at him. “It’s me and you against the world did you forget, Soo?”

 

Kyungsoo grins and looks at the boy’s beautiful smile before hooking his pinky with his. “Of course, I didn’t. And I never will.”

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun did call and when Kyungsoo called, Baekhyun always answers. It was like a routine, Kyungsoo would immediately dash towards the telephone and waits for Baekhyun’s calls. But as time passed, the calls seldom came. Until it just became rare. Then it stopped.

 

But Kyungsoo still waited like a fool he is.

 

 

 

 

 

When they saw each other again, they were 18.

 

Kyungsoo is with his father to welcome Baekhyun back in the neighborhood. When he first heard of the news that starting next week, Baekhyun will be staying with his father, Kyungsoo is buzzing with excitement. He wanted to see Baekhyun again. It’s been so long since he last saw him and he wonders what he looked like right now.

 

“Who is this Baekhyun person and why is hyung suddenly acting like this?” young Jongin asked. “Is he hyung’s mate? Is that why he’s acting like this? Huh?” Kris shrugged with a laugh and watches as Kyungsoo can’t keep still.

 

“Probably. We don’t know, yet.”

 

Kyungsoo expects Baekhyun to run to him with that kind of familiarity wrap him in a tight hug after seeing each other. But no, instead Baekhyun looks at him in confusion when he calls his name. He looks at him with brows furrowed and then asked,

 

“Do I know you?”

 

It was unfair how Baekhyun never left Kyungsoo’s mind. Kyungsoo felt a pang of hurt in that moment, but he quickly recovered with a soft chuckle. “It’s me… Do Kyungsoo. Remember? We used to play back when we were kids.”

 

He watches as Baekhyun looks down and tries to remember then suddenly, his eyes went wide and his head snaps up to look at Kyungsoo with the familiarity that Kyungsoo has been hoping. “Soo-yah?” He chuckles but did not make any move. “I remember now. We used to play together when we were kids.”

 

The hug that Kyungsoo wanted never came.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s been week before Baekhyun finally came to him. Kyungsoo is sitting on a bench staring at the waves crashing against the white sand when he hears Baekhyun calling his name. Kyungsoo did a double take upon seeing who it was. He furrowed his brows and forces himself to stay cool despite the raging beat of his heart.

 

“H-Hey, Baekhyun.” He follows him with his eyes as he sits beside him. “You’re here.”

 

“Yeah.” Baekhyun smiles. “Why? Can’t I say hello to a friend?”

 

“No, I was just… surprised.”

 

They talked a lot. About the past and the things that they did back when they were still kids. Baekhyun asked about what happened to their other classmates too. It was awkward and weird first, their conversation that is, until Kyungsoo felt comfortable and eases into the conversation as it progresses. Then from there, Baekhyun suddenly asked about the stories regarding their tribe’s view of the vampires. Kyungsoo furrowed his brows.

 

It’s not like this is kept a secret, but the people around them knows that there is a tribe - descendants of the wolves that protect the town from dangers of supernatural creatures. Sure people from the city thinks this as a tourist myth but for the old folks here, it is true. Everyone knows the retired sheriff’s family belongs to tribe that’s why people respected their family.

 

For sure, Kyungsoo thinks that Baekhyun isn’t a believer of these things… but asking this is rather… weird.

 

“It was nice catching up with you, Soo.” Baekhyun smiles at him.

 

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo smiles. “It was.” Before leaving, Kyungsoo catches up to him. “Hey, if you want… you could come by again. I’m just here.” 

 

“That would be great, yeah.” Baekhyun chuckles.

 

And then Baekhyun never came back. But like the fool Kyungsoo is, he waits.

 

 

 

 

 

Both of their fathers were enjoying a football match together on TV so Kyungsoo and Baekhyun decided to ditch them and hang out. Baekhyun lets him sit on his bed and Kyungsoo took this time to look around the room.

 

“What? It’s not like there’s something good in here to see.”

 

“Maybe not… but…” Kyungsoo stares at Baekhyun’s bended form as he picks up his dirty clothes on the floor. “Maybe there is.” Baekhyun, oblivious at that, shakes his head with a chuckle and dumps all of it in the hamper.

 

“If there’s something interesting in this room, it’s probably that.” He points at the small cactus sitting on his study table. Kyungsoo follows where he’s pointing and laughs. “Other than small fella, there’s nothing good in here.”

 

“So how’s school been going for you?” Baekhyun turns to look at him. “Good, I hope?”

 

“Oh, yeah.” Baekhyun nods. “Yeah, it’s great. I’ve got a few friends. It’s amazing.” Baekhyun grins to himself. Then he furrows his brows. “How come I don’t see you there?”

 

“I go to a different school.” Kyungsoo answers. “It’s not far from here, but it’s good.”

 

“Ah, I see. But you’ve been living here for a long time, right?” Kyungsoo nods upon hearing this. “So do you know about the Oh’s?”

 

Kyungsoo hums. “They’ve been living here for as long as I remember.” He furrows his brows and looks down, thinking. “Why?”

 

There’s a faint smile from Baekhyun, “Nothing.” He said.

 

Kyungsoo frowns.

 

He can’t help but feel nervous about this. Asking questions about vampires and the Oh family. Does she know? No, that’s not possible. Far as he know, the Oh’s kept their identities a secret for centuries. Is Baekhyun really that sharp that he’s catching up?

 

That night, he tells his father about this and upon hearing this, there’s a big frown etched on his face.

 

“I know this is bad, but we’re still not sure. We need to know if Baekhyun is involved with the Oh’s in any way.” Kyungsoo nods and understands what his father is talking about. He wants Kyungsoo to take a look and see for himself.

 

And oh, Kyungsoo wanted to stop. He wishes that he shouldn’t have pry and just kept all of his silly lovesick delusions to himself. Because watching Baekhyun staring at Oh Sehun like he’s beyond perfection is enough to make him vomit. Or cry. Or both. He wants to do both.

 

He thinks he’s a masochist because he keeps on looking even though it hurts. Baekhyun is holding Sehun’s hand and he’s looking at him love and adoration even though there’s hesitation in Sehun’s part. Kyungsoo clenches his fist.

 

Is the reason why Baekhyun only came to him is because of that vampire?

 

Kyungsoo feels bitterness seep in like poison in his veins. But he forced himself to snap out of it and leave.

 

Kyungsoo is with his father when the man explains to Baekhyun how he must stay away from the Oh Sehun and the Oh family. He doesn’t know who he is and what their family is capable of doing and that it’s best if he should stay away for his own safety. Kyungsoo never speaks a word that time and looks down instead, refusing to look at Baekhyun.

 

His heart is already hurting, he’s afraid that if he looks at him in the eye, it might break.

 

But when he does, he’s surprised to see Baekhyun looking at him. And his eyes were asking as if he’s all right and that if he’s okay. If there’s something troubling him or whatsoever.

 

Once again, Kyungsoo can’t help but feel his heart bloom in happiness at the thought of Baekhyun worrying about him. Kyungsoo sighs and gives him a small smile before pushing the wheelchair of his father after they ended the conversation.

 

 

 

 

 

It was a few weeks after that when he heard that Baekhyun is officially dating Sehun.

 

Kyungsoo tries hard not to show how much it affected him.

 

 

 

 

 

“So Baekhyun’s going to prom.” Kyungsoo stiffens and looks at his father. Mr. Do grins at him and tosses him the car keys. “Get dressed and take him to his school.” He looks down on the keys in his hands then looks at his father.

 

“Okay, fine.” He sighs and folds his arms against his chest. “What do you want me to do this time?”

 

His father snorts. “Can’t escape you, huh?” He sighs and looks at his son. “Baekhyun’s your best friend, right? Why can’t you persuade him to break things off with that sparkly kid?”

 

Best friend… before, probably.

 

“I don’t think I can.” Kyungsoo mutters.

 

“Hey,” Kyungsoo looks at his father. “You know the Oh’s… they’re vampires. You want Baekhyun to be associated with blood thirsty creatures? Baekhyun’s life is in danger with them, son. Think about that.” His father gruffly said.

 

Kyungsoo clenches his jaw and squeezes the keys tight in his hold.

 

His resolve has been clear then but the moment he sees Baekhyun coming out of the porch, he stopped. Baekhyun wears a black suit - a complete contrast of his white dress shirt and tie. Kyungsoo bites his lower lip and chuckles. “You look… great.”

 

“I was hoping for amazing but that will do.” Baekhyun grins.

 

It was oddly quiet on the way there. Baekhyun looks restless, though as if he’s itching on going there. He tries to ask a few question to Kyungsoo to open up a conversation but Kyungsoo ended up answering curtly and cutting the conversation short. He’s not gonna lie, talking to Baekhyun hurts… a lot. Call him bitter, he can’t help it. The wound is still fresh after all.

 

But the moment he pulled the car on the sidewalk and Baekhyun is ready to get out of the car, he reaches out to grab his wrist. Baekhyun looks at him, startled. “Kyungsoo?”

 

He remembers what his father said – about the Oh’s and what they’re really capable of. He also has doubts on whether Baekhyun will be safe there or will he be truly happy there. But seeing him right now so excited and buzzing with energy – with the want of being with Sehun. Kyungsoo swallows what he’s supposed to say and smiles.

 

“Have fun, okay?”

 

Baekhyun softens and flashes him a warm smile. “Yeah, of course.” He holds his hand that was on his wrist and gently takes it off, wrapping it around his soft ones and giving it a gentle squeeze. “Of course, I will.”

 

After that, Kyungsoo never got to see Baekhyun again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s like he’s disconnected from the world, the people around him began to think that way of Kyungsoo. Instead of the usual roughhousing plays with his friends and cousins, Kyungsoo poured all of his attention on automobiles and fixing things. And he became desperate as if fixing things helps on fixing his broken heart. Kyungsoo still tries not to let all the bitterness seep in his system and forces himself to think that if Baekhyun is happy with Sehun, then he is happy for the both of them. He’ll just have to distance himself to the two.

 

It was a year after Kyungsoo got to see Baekhyun.

 

“Kyungsoo, hey.”

 

Kyungsoo snaps his head to look at Baekhyun, startled at the elder’s sudden appearance at his garage. He ruffles his thick soft raven locks and slowly straightens up, brows furrowed when he looks at Baekhyun. “Hey.” He said after a pause. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I heard that you fix things, right?” Baekhyun asked. “Do you think you could fix my motorcycle or something?” He sheepishly asked.

 

He should say no. He wants to be selfish for once and stay out of all the bull and stop his heart from all the pain it’s endured. He might have strong feelings for Baekhyun but he thinks that he put a line. He’s still healing after all. No. He should say no.

 

“Yeah, I could.” Kyungsoo smiles.

 

, Do Kyungsoo. Why?

 

“But it depends, really. I think you should take it here first. Let me check it out.”

 

“Yes, thank you!” Baekhyun exclaims in gratefulness. “I’ll go run back and take bring it here.”

 

It took a few painful minutes of Kyungsoo pacing back and forth in a restless state that Baekhyun came back with the motorcycle. The vehicle isn’t dead-dead. It’s more of like alive-dead. Borderline almost crossing the dead line. Kyungsoo coughs when smoke comes out after Baekhyun’s motorcycle gave out the moment he stopped in front of the garage.

 

Baekhyun takes off his helmet and sheepishly smiles. “Sorry?”

 

Kyungsoo can’t help the laugh escaping his lips. “Damn, I think this is going to be hard.”

 

“Well, I’ll leave her in your hands, doctor.” Kyungsoo snorts upon hearing this and walks over, examining the vehicle from top to bottom. He can feel Baekhyun’s stare at him and it makes him feel nervous. But that’s just wistful thinking. He’s probably staring at his motorcycle. “So how is it?”

 

“Scratch that. I think fixing this will be a piece of cake.” Kyungsoo looks at him then grins.

 

“Woah, really?” Baekhyun exclaims in delight. “Thank you!”

 

Kyungsoo thought that Baekhyun would leave and just come back somewhere later in the afternoon. Knowing Baekhyun, this is probably the last thing he wants to right now. He should be with Sehun around this time. Not here… with him. Staring at this… boring activity.

 

But to his surprise, Baekhyun is still here and he’s watching him. Kyungsoo tries hard not to let that faze him and imagined that he’s all alone in this garage. But that seems to be difficult especially when Baekhyun started to chatter.

 

“So you really like to keep your hair long like that?”

 

Kyungsoo fixes the hairband that keeps his hair from falling his eyes. It’s not that long like a girl but it’s shaggy and it’s already at the end of his neck. His bangs are even enough to cover his eyes. He’s not like Sehun who likes to keep his hair styled and neat. Growing up, Kyungsoo never bothered to watch over his appearance. But hearing this, he suddenly wished he got a haircut from his sister when she came and visited last month.

 

“Why?” He looks up at him and coils when he finds meeting brown and bright eyes. “D-Do you hate it?”

 

“No, I think… you look good.” Baekhyun giggles. “You look good in a Kyungsoo way.”

 

He furrows his brows. “What do you mean by in a Kyungsoo way?”

 

“Like… it’s a trademark look.” Baekhyun grins, flashing pearl whites.

 

Kyungsoo chuckles and continues working with the vehicle. And just like that, it suddenly became quiet again.

 

“You don’t really talk that much, huh?” Baekhyun tilts his head.

 

Kyungsoo takes a wrench and takes off his button up shirt. As expected his tank top is already soaked in sweat. He stretches his arm and then goes back to work. “What’s there to talk about?” He shrugs.

 

It took a moment before Baekhyun could respond. “I don’t know… It’s just… you weren’t like this before.”

 

“Yeah, well… people change as they grow up.” Kyungsoo mutters. “Every passing day, people change. You can’t expect to see a person again and see them the same still. It’s a part of life.” After saying that, he stops and realizes that the bitterness somehow got him as he said those words. He clears his throat and added lightly. “But you know, I’m not much of a conversation starter in the first place.”

 

“Ah.” Baekhyun slowly nods. “It’s a bit poetic, but it’s true.” He giggles.

Please log in to read the full chapter