018

We are your Hoobaenim!! ( sequel to We are your Oppa!!! )

HyeYong's POV

Wednesday finally came. It was kind of boring without the unnies in the dorm. They were having acting lessons until after dinner. Not forgetting that they have to take up Japanese lessons which I did not have to since I already have a proficiency certificate.
"I am sorry. My training ended late." I rushed into the office panting.
"It is ok. Not everyone is here yet." appa informed me. HoYa oppa signalled me to seat at the empty seat beside him while WooHyun oppa went out to get a can of drink for me.
"Gomawoyo." I thanked him as I took the drink.
"Hehe. Purple skates huh?" HoYa oppa whispered to me. I chuckled a little and nod. "When is your competition?"
"3 weeks time." I replied.
"I see. Fighting." he whispered back. Just then another man came in. I recognised him immediately. Tiger JK sunbaenim. We immediately stood up and greeted all of them.
"Well, HyeYong here, she will be debuting with a project album with INFINITE." sajangnim explained the concept to the producers. It was so confusing. I guess I have to get use to this type of talks in the near future.
"Hmm, so according to her profile, she is the main vocal of the group, but she can dance and rap as well. This will be easy to work with." Tiger JK sunbaenim read through the folder. "I have a few demos here, can we go to the recording studio? I want to test out her voice." 
"Sure. HyeYong please go with Tiger JK" appa told me. "WooHyun ah, go along in case they need help."
"Neh." we stood up and went out of the room. I kept quiet all the while, not knowing how to react to this situation. Oppa immediately rushed up and interlaced his fingers with mine, squeezing my left hand, some what giving me strength.
"If you are not known as WooHyun's sister, I would have mistaken you two for couple." Tiger JK sunbaenim joked. I felt my face heat up immediately.
"Aigoo..Wae? Why are you blushing so much?" oppa teased me. I smacked him back.
"Are you two sure you are siblings and not couple?" Tiger JK sunbaenim suddenly asked, causing me to jump.
"We are siblings for real. Sorry, my sister is very shy in front of new faces, but she opens up quite quickly." oppa apologised on my behalf.
"It is ok. She hasn't even debut yet and she is being thrown with so much things to do. But I am sure this will toughen her up." the two man continued their talk until we reached the studio. I did some warm ups to open up my voice. 
"Sing the song you are most confident in." Tiger JK sunbaenim told me over the speakers. I prayed for the best, not wanting to put shame on my brother. I prayed for the best sound to come out from my vocal chords. Then I started to sing.


WooHyun's POV

She closed her eyes for a while, most probably having some little prayer. Then opened. The most beautiful and angelic voice was recorded by the mic and played out at the waiting area. I was so proud of my sister. She sang one very difficult song, Beyonce's Listen. It was the song SungJongie sang for his audition 3 years back. But her version of Listen was just too beautiful. Her soul filled the studio. She sang like she owned the music. My sister had this natural talent in her. The more I listen, the more a smile appeared on my face. I took a peep at Tiger JK hyung's reactions. He was surprised by the voice. The powerful voice. He smiled. I knew at once he was satisfied with my sister's singing skills. She finally ended the song.
"Can you please come out for a moment?" Tiger JK hyung instructed. He immediately put on a pokerface. I knew where this was going to.
"Sorry if the song is not up to standard." HyeYong immediately apologised.
"Your voice is good." he praised her. I was waiting for the next part. " But there are some things lacking in the way it is brought out." yes. There they go. But this is what the producers always have to do so that artist, especially rookies do not get a head of themselves just because of a few good comments.
"WooHyun, you have any comments?" he broke my train of thoughts.
"Ah neh. HyeYong ah, you vocals are very strong but at the same time, very relaxing too. However, there are some parts where you sound a little strained. I think it is because of the way you bring the song out. At those points, you may want to lessen the emotions a little." I pointed out.
"Neh." she said shyly. 
"Your vocal chord is your instrument young lady. You are born with such blessing." Tiger JK hyung praised her.
"Gomawoyo." she replied.
"Yes. Even your oppa had to go through tough training to get this vocals. You did not go through much. You are born with it." I smiled to her.
"WooHyun ah, I want you to make sure she protects he vocal chord. She can only strain it a little. Just like today, just a little bit more and that is about it. A few practices daily with straining, her voice will be better than Sistar's HyoRin. But make sure she never over strain herself or she will end up with what most main vocals get." Tiger JK hyung instructed me. I know exactly what he was referring to. That was what happened to Gyu hyung and I while we were trainee. I think he did not want to reveal it to her so she won't be affected by it. 
"Neh. I will make sure she is very well protected." I promised.
"Come on. Lets go back to the office. I have a few ideas of concept for her already." Tiger JK hyung smiled. We quickly made our way back.
"Sajangnim. I have some plans for her already." Tiger JK announced. 
"That is fast. Usually producers take quite some time to decide on this." sajangnim was surprised.
"This is because she has one of a kind voice, which I think matches nicely with each of the boys." he said. He quickly took our a piece of paper to record what he said next so that he himself won't forget too.
"Firstly, I think WooHyun and HyeYong can have a duet. This can help to showcase her vocals. Then, she can have another one with HoYa. And since the two of them are known couples, they can have a duet of slightly y, naughty concept." Tiger Jk hyung said. I took a peek at her and saw her eyes widening in surprise.
"I know you are shock. You have to get use to it." Tiger JK hyung read her mind. "Then, she can have another concept with SungJong. Something along the line of maknae on top."
"ASA!! I like this." Jongie cheered, causing Gyu hyung to smack him in the head.
"As for the others, I will have to go back to analyse how to pair or group her together. That should be all for now." he informed us.
"Ok. Thank you very much."  sajangnim stood up to give him a hand shake.
"Oh one more thing. I have told WooHyun just now. Don't let her over strain her voice. She has a one of a kind voice. If she loses it, it will be near impossible to get it back." he warned all of us. "You can save money on everything except for protecting her vocal chord. You would not want the same thing that happens on most main vocals to happen on her." We all gave him our promise.
Once he left, HyeYong tugged on my sleeve. "Oppa, what is it that happened on most main vocalist that he doesn't want to elaborate?" 
"Oh it is nothing." I tried to brush it off. I don't want to scare her so soon.
"Oppa, just tell me will you? So I will know when to stop." she pleaded.
"Ok. I will tell you, but you must promise me that you will not be any how badly affected by it." I made a deal with her. Once sure that she will keep to her words, I explained to her what it was.