Chased out of the kitchen

We are your Hoobaenim!! ( sequel to We are your Oppa!!! )

HyeYong's POV

"HOYA!! OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!" his grandmother hollered as HoYa oppa sneaked in, giving me a back hug while I was preparing the family dinner. 
Today is the first day I am officially part of the Lee family. So, naturally, being the grand daughter-in-law, I had to show my culinary skills too. Grandparents and aunty and uncle had tasted my cooking before, but that was when I wasn't really confident. But now, being part of their family, some how or another, there was this burning sensation in me that I have to cook really really well. Make HoYa oppa proud, show his family that I can provide food for HoYa oppa and our family in the future. 
"Does he always do that?" the stern grandmother suddenly her fangirl mode and pried, right when HoYa oppa slipped out of the kitchen.
"Sometimes." I bit my lips, replying shyly. Not sure if this should be the answer. Grandma knows that we co-inhabit before marriage, but I know she is slightly on the conservative side. So, replying an answer that involves quite a bit of skinship, I was a little skeptical. 
"Aigoo this grandson of mine. Always so heated. I should ask the old man to teach him how to control HoYa's hormones, especially in the kitchen, before some accidents occur." Grandma joked, causing me to blush real bad. 
"HwaiMoNi~" I cooed. Asking her to stop mentioning such embarrassing stuff. 
"Ah, before my memory fails on me, I have to pass you something." Grandma snapped her fingers, reaching out to the cabinet overhead and took out a rather tattered, old notebook. 
"As you know, our family isn't very well to do in the good old days, so I don't have any family jewelry or assets to hand over to you. I only have this." Grandma spoke with much sadness.
"Hwaimoni, I don't need anything." I assured her.
"Take this. You will need this to handle HoYa." she pushed the book into my hand. I flipped it open. It was something I would say worth a million times more than a family jewelry or asset. 
"Hwaimoni, I..I can't take this. This is too precious." I bit my lips, trying to contain my tears.
"Take it." she insisted. Flipping to some where in the middle, she pointed out two recipes. "HoWon is a big baby. Up until he left the household to pursue his singing and dancing career, he would always ask for either one of this soup when he is sick. Maybe because he has been out in Seoul for a long long time, he hardly does that, but I know that he is a big baby." Grandma depicted HoYa oppa as if he was a kid that would throw a bad tantrum if he didn't get what he wants. Big Baby indeed. hehe.
"But Hwaimoni, this is your family recipe. How can you just hand it down to me?" 
"I knew you would say that. When I first saw you, I set my eyes on you already. I knew you are the girl HoYa would marry. The girl he would spend his future with. I wanted to hand this book to you earlier, but I knew you would reject it badly. And who says I can't hand it down to you? The man may be the head of the house, but us women are the head of the kitchen. I hand anything down to anyone. What more, you are our family already." she said, patting my , just like what an old grandmother would do lovingly to her grandchildren.
"I..I don't know how to repay you. This is just too great to hold on to." I gasped, but still accepting the book. I know how much grandma wants me to hold on to it. 
"You know what every married woman should do.." she rubbed my belly in a circular motion, causing me to jump back and shriek.
"What..what happened?" HoYa oppa skid his way in. 
"Nothing." the two of us replied.
"Are you hurt anywhere? Where does your eyes look so teary?" he asked worriedly.
"Onions." I lied. There was no single onion anywhere nearby. But luckily, HoYa oppa bought my words.
"Yah yah. Are you disregarding the elderly here?!" grandma poked him hard. "Even though you two are married, shouldn't you two show some form of restrain in front of your elders?" grandma scolded him sternly. HoYa oppa, like a puppy being scolded for his wrong doings, shuffled out of the kitchen. Making sure he is out of distant, us two started giggling.


HoYa's POV

I was bored sitting out in the living room with my relatives while my dearest wifey is once again in the kitchen with grandma, preparing for dinner. The kids didn't want to play with me. And I had to obstruct them from entering the kitchen, in case they disturb to two women. Seriously, women..... They are like the Queen when they are in the kitchen. Obey them or they won't feed you. 
But really, I am wondering..why doesn't the kids like me? I mean, I am cute, handsome, the famous ahjussi. AHHH!! 
"Hyung, why do I keep feeling that the kids doesn't like me?" I asked my cousin.
"Haha, don't worry, it is just some women's thing that I don't understand either. How one moment they can be hollering at the kids, but the next moment, the kids swarming up to their mom for love." hyung sighed. 
I sighed too. Being chased out of the kitchen twice, the kids loving HyeYong more than me. I am starting to wonder if the real family was me or HyeYong. haha. Everyone adores her. Even our family pet dog. 
"Oppa, you can help to set up the dining table." HyeYong popped her head out of the kitchen. 
"Ah, finally, something to do." hyung and I stretched ourselves lazily off the sofa. 
"Welcome back." hyung went to welcome his wife who just got back from work. Don't be mistaken. Hyung isn't some lazy bum or anything. He is just taking an off-day from work today so he could spend time with me.
"Unnie!!" HyeYong called out, hands stretched out ready to hug her, but quickly pulled back. "Mianhae. I am all greasy here. I will go and change soon." HyeYong apologised.
"Aigoo, we are all women who have been in the kitchen, all greasy and sweaty at some point of time." hyung-su-nim gave her a hug in return. 
"I will be out soon." HyeYong ran off to our bedroom and took a quick wash and changed her clothes. 
"Grandpa, grandma, hyung, hyung-su-nim/unnie eat." the two of us chorused, after the kids did theirs. Getting 'permission' to start our chopstick works, I started digging in. HyeYong piled food up onto my bowl.
"HyeYong ah, stop feeding him, you got to eat some too." grandma said. HyeYong nodded her had in gratitude, politely lifting up her bowl as grandma placed a few pieces of meat onto her bowl.
"Daebak. HyeYong, you cooked this?" hyung exclaimed. 
"Neh. Is it bad?" HyeYong spoke, with very little confident.
"It is perfect!" hyung said, clamping his index finger and thumb together, like a food critic. 
"Yea, what did you add in it?" hyung-su-nim was curious too.
"Sarang sarang." I replied proudly. 
"Oppa.." HyeYong hissed. 
"Chalmorkaesipnida." HyeYong said too, even she was the one who did most of the cooking. 
"Do whatever you two want tonight. We..we will just pretend we can't hear anything." grandpa joked. 
"Haraboji!" HyeYong and I exclaimed. 

 




Oh gosh, my innocent eyes!!! tumblr_m3ebed272p1qh1gd1o1_500.gif someone please STOP THE YADONG!!
tumblr_m3efuaqSR51qao910o1_500.gif HoYa with his aegyo. WOOHYUN!! I really want to ask you to stop polluting my baby's brain with your greasiness, but some how, I love HoAegi this way too. Just don't teach him too much bad stuff ok?
tumblr_m3ddzm2eDr1rrvp7ao1_r3_400.gif At first, I thought HoYa was driving...then I realised, this is like the last row of the van HAHA