Hana

SaiDa: Compilation of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walk at the park, alone. It's 5 in the evening, and it's Saturday. I have nothing else to do as I live alone and I don't really really agree with the idea of working during weekend so I just walk alone. It feel nice, to see the kids running around, some of them playing with seasaw, and swings, some even sliding down the slides, the kids voice laughing while playing. It's nice. I feel envious with kids, as they easily made friends while me, hardly to expand my circle of friend.

 

I, Minatozaki Sana, an executive manager in one of the biggest company at Seoul, South Korea. My friends are all busy as one of them actually a full time model, and another one had to instruct a dance class. 

 

I sit at the bench, still looking around, feel a little jealous to see the kids run to their parents and they hugged each other. I miss my family who I left at Japan to pursue my dream, gain experience at foreign country. And I feel jealous because of my pathetic love life.

 

I'm in love with my own officemate but she always rejected me. She's fine if I asked her to go out for lunch together, but she always politely reject it if I asked her to go out for dinner or hang out during weekend. I do wondering if she's probably already has someone in her life, a lover to be exact but she deny it. It made me feel more curious but I just assume that she's a home person.

 

"Sana?" A voice interrupting me. Wait, this voice feel familiar. I look at the owner of the voice. Dahyun.

 

"Dahyun." I smile at her, and she gladly smile back. Dahyun. The one that I had been chasing. Damn, in fact I am in love with her. My heart beating so fast when she sit beside me, closely.

 

"You come here alone?" She asked. I nodded.

 

"My friends are busy and I live alone so it's bored." I explain. She smile, looking around at the park.

 

"How about you?" I asked when she just stay silent.

 

"I came here with--"

 

"Mom!" A kid run toward us, while giggling before jump onto Dahyun's lap.

 

Mom? That kid just call her mom? She's married? And have a daughter? 

 

"Y--your daughter?" I asked, stuttering as trying to process on what just happened. She nodded, hugging the little girl tightly and planted lots of kisses at the little girl's face. The younger girl giggling every time Dahyun's lips touch her face. The sight is adorable, a little too adorable for me. I can't help but smile, thinking who's the lucky guy that win her heart.

 

"Hana, this is aunty Sana. She's my friend and we work together." she introduce her little girl to me. A small hand pointed to me, which I gladly take it. The small girl look at me, with smile plastered at her lips. That smile really looks like Dahyun.

 

"Hello, I'm Hana. My mom talk about you, a lot." she said, causing Dahyun to pinch her little arm softly but the girl just giggle.

 

"Hello Hana. I'm Sana. I hope she tell you all the nice thing about me." I smile at the small girl. That girl hope off from Dahyun's lap and suddenly she sit at my lap, which make me surprised at first but I let her anyway.

 

"Hana, it's not nice. Come here." Dahyun try to console her daughter to get off from my lap but I secured the youngest around my arm, hug her tighter.

 

"It's okay Dahyun. I don't mind it." Hana stick her tongue out to Dahyun and Dahyun rolled her eyes. I love their bonding. They're not really looks like mother and daughter at all, probably because Dahyun is young. Have a family at such a young age. My heart feel uneasy. It's not Dahyun's fault, she never know my real feeling, although I feel a little betrayed as she never told me she's married and have daughter.

 

"My mom said, she choose Hana as my name because of you." Hana's voice softly hit my ears. I look at her, "Really?"

 

She nodded. Dahyun too busy looking for something inside her bag then she look at me.

 

"Sana, can you help me to look after Hana for awhile. I think I left my phone in the car." she said. I nodded, "Sure."

 

She smile at me, take out her car key and put her bag beside me before run to the car park. My attention now is on Hana. That young girl just look at her mom before her mom finally disappear from her vision, then she look at me.

 

"You're pretty." she said, while poking my cheek. I can feel my cheek heated.

 

"You came here with your mom? Where's your dad?" I asked. There's slight sadness trace at her face, but she smile again. Ah, she really looks like Dahyun a lot. She take my hand, playing with my finger.

 

"I don't have dad." she said, softly. I was taken aback. Was Dahyun's husband died? Or, did Dahyun-- But I brush it off. I shouldn't interfere in her life, don't I?

 

"I'm sorry." I held her hand tighter. A soft smile appear from the small lips. She's adorable.

 

"It's okay. Mom said, I shouldn't be sad about it. Actually, I feel bad for mom." Hana sure a little kid who knows her words so well. Perhaps because only Dahyun that raised her alone.

 

"Why you feel like that?"

 

"She's young. But she had to raise me." the girl pouted. I just smile. Such an angel. I pinch her cheek then I kiss it making the little girl giggle.

 

"That's because she love you. She's your mom, right?" she nodded.

 

"I like you aunty Sana. No wonder mom like you too." I can feel my cheek heated, and clear my throat. What does she means by that?

 

"Sana! Sorry had to burdened to you look after Hana." Dahyun shouted while running toward us. Her cheek looks red, probably because of running and the weather quite hot. She's panted, standing in front of me.

 

"It's okay. Hana is such a nice kid and adorable. I had fun talking to her." I said, reassuring that I'm fine with it. She just smile. Hana jumped off from my lap.

 

"Mom, I want to go there. Mimi and Yuri waiting for me." she said. Dahyun brush Hana's hair that cover her forehead, and kiss it making the little to flinched.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter