No Promises

SaiDa: Compilation of Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you promise me something?"

 

"What is it?"

 

"Can you promise to not leave me even when things didn't go our way?"

 

"I promise. But, can you promise the same thing?"

 

"I promise"

 

 

 

***

 

 

Hey baby, when we are together doing things that we love.
Every time you're near I feel like I’m in heaven feeling high
I don’t want to let go, girl.
I just need you to know, girl.

 

I run to the park, looking around for you. And I can see you under the same tree when we first meet. You lean your head at the tree, feeling the wind hit your beautiful face. It's perfect. The scene in front of me. It feel like the time stop ticking. Everything froze in places. Only your hair moving with the breeze. And I can't help but smile looking at the angel. At you. I walk closer to you, while checking my wristwatch.

 

12.01 pm.

 

One minute late. I'm sorry.

 

I sit beside you, remove your hair strands that cover your face, kissing your forehead.

 

"I'm sorry because I came a minute late." I whisper. Your lips pursed up, smiling but you still cover your eyes. I sigh, before following you. Leaning my head at the tree, closing my eyes. I try to reach for your hand, but you move it, place it at your lap instead and holding a pen, writing something in a book with pink cover. 

 

"The same book. How loyal." I said to myself, while staring at you who still ignoring me. Well, it's our routine yearly right? To re-enact how our first meet went. How you ignore me, and I never stop trying to catch your attention which mostly causing you to groan and slap me. But, I never get tired of that. I love it. You're so hard to get and I'm in heaven when finally you accept me. I smear your hair, making you giggle. You look at my direction, causing me to stop everything I do. I fall in love with your hazel eyes, again, baby.

 

You look away again before getting up, brushing the grass that stick at your long skirt. You wear your picnic hat, grabbing your sling bag. Looking at me once again and I nodded, following you. We leave the tree, the first tree where I met you years ago. The tree where we crave our initial together. I turn around, looking at it for the last time. SD. It is us. I touch it, still the moment fresh in my mind, like it just happened a minute ago.  I quickly leave the tree and running to your directi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter