Truth

Fated to Meet You

Back in the room, Nara sat on the couch, reading a book as her arm supported her hair on the armchair. Youngsaeng was on the other side of the couch, in another daze.

"How long are you keep this from him?" a voice asked in the girl's head as she held the book, staring at the words. She smiled when she recognized who it was. "He's suffering right now. Shouldn't you be there for him?"

"Patience, darling. I'll tell him soon," Nara thought back. "He just needs a bit of time right now. This week's been shocking for him and if I reveal the truth, it'll be even more hard to endure. Just wait a while until he's calmed down and then tell him."

The voice sighed. "I makes my heart ache to see my son like this... ... I wanted him to live a happy life. This is definitely not happy."

"If you want to help him, too, just come down here and do so. He needs some comforting and I think a boy would be better."

There was a pause of silence for a while before the man began to speak again. "Oh, I can get Hyungjun."

"Oh yeah, that best friend of his?"

"I'll tell him that Youngsaeng's not feeling well. He should be able to rush here within seconds."

"Good idea, go ahead."

The voice disappeared and just like he had said, a minute later, Hyungjun burst into the 1A room, wheezing. "Youngsaeng hyung?"

Youngsaeng didn't answer as he stared at the wall blankly, not hearing the boy.

"Oh, Hyungjun-ah, what are you doing here?" Kwangmin remarked as he sat at his table, writing something.

"I had a feeling that hyung was feeling down," Hyungjun said as he walked over to the older boy and shook the boy gently. "Youngsaeng? Youngsaeng hyung."

The latter looked at his friend. "Hyungjun?"

The brunette sighed. "What's wrong? Are you feeling depressed? Does it have something to do with Hyunjoong?"

Youngsaeng looked down. "We... I think we broke up."

"Eh? Why?"

"He likes Harry now. He's forgotten about me... He doesn't like me anymore," Youngsaeng confessed directly to his best friend.

Hyungjun frowned. "Hyung, that's not true. The other day, I went to his house. Do you know what he was watching?"

Youngsaeng looked up at the boy. "A video?"

HIs best friend's eyebrow twitched. "No! Of course not! Hyunjoong doesn't watch !"

The others heard and all turned to Hyungjun.

"...?" Hyunseong echoed.

"Hyunjoong watched ?" Jeongmin questioned.

"No! I just said that he doesn't!" Hyungjun exclaimed. "Go and do your own stuff."

Youngsaeng sighed and looked back at the ground. Hyungjun sat down in front of him on the ground. "He was watching that One and Only concert you performed in replacement of YS."

The otter furrowed his eyebrows. "Mworago?" (what did you say?)

"He was watching your version of the concert," Hyungjun continued. "Where the camera was focused solely on you. I went over to his house yesterday with Jungmin and Kyujong."

Youngsaeng's eyelids lowered. "He was probably watching that for the last time before he threw it away."

"No, definitely not," his best friend objected. "He still loves you, don't worry hyung. There must be something behind it. I'll help you, okay? Just be patient."

"But..."

Hyungjun hugged Youngsaeng tightly. "I'll find out why Hyunjoong is doing this, arasseo? There has to be a reason."

Youngsaeng tightened his lips into a tut line and reluctantly nodded. "Arasseo..."

The younger boy smiled and patted the President on the head lightly. "I'll go back to class now, then. Cheer up!"

Youngsaeng watched as Hyungjun hurried out the door with all smiles and leaned back on the couch once the boy was gone, exhaling heavily. Nara inched closer to him. "Youngsaeng-ah."

He jolted in surprise. "N-neh!"

She giggled. "You don't have to be so startled. I just wanted to to see if you were alright."

"Ah, okay."

Youngsaeng nodded as he got up and headed to the kitchen. Finally, he felt like cooking again but still didn't have an appetite to eat. As he cooked, he didn't even taste it. He only drank water to keep himself hydrated but that's all he had consumed since Harry had transferred to the school. His classmates, including Nara, began to worry when he wouldn't eat lunch.

"You should eat something," Minwoo coaxed, hanging him a spoonful of jello. "Come on."

Youngsaeng shook his head. "I don't want it. I don't have an appetite..."

--------------------------------

School ended, as usual. Youngsaeng stayed after school for a while to clean up the kitchen and reset everything for next day. Once he was finished, he absentmindedly walked out the door of the room to see Harry leaning against the wall, waiting for him with a rotten smile. Youngsaeng looked down and began to walk away when Harry grabbed his arm and turned him around, his eyes looking as if they were mocking him.

"What do you want?" Youngsaeng exclaimed in frustration as he ripped his arm out of the boy's tight grip.

Harry smirked as he approached the President. "What do I want? I just came to say that since I'm Hyunjoong's boyfriend now, I don't want you around him, understand?"

The President sighed. "I don't want to be around him anyway..."

"That's good then," Harry sneered. "Well then, I'll be going. I just wanted to tell you that."

Youngsaeng waited until the boy was out of sight before he let his tears drip down. He continued to walk, eyes concentrated on studying the floor. He stopped when he saw the shoes and the hem of someone standing in front of him. He closed his eyes and quickly wiped his eyes before he looked up. "Jinjja... What do you--"

He paled when he saw that it wasn't Harry. Hyunjoong was the one standing in front of him, his eyes clouded with pain and sorrow. The older boy opened his mouth to speak but Youngsaeng interrupted as he looked away, tightening his jaw.

"Don't say anything," the otter cut in coldly, pushing past the boy and walking away.

Hyunjoong grit his teeth as he watched Youngsaeng turn away alone. "I'm sorry..." he choked softly, his tears starting to fall.

"Hyunjoong," a female voice floated from nearby.

He looked around and saw the pretty girl from the 1A class gesturing him over to to the corner of the school. He ran over. "Aren't you the girl from 1A?"

"I'm Lee Nara," she introduced herself. "I have a gist of what's going on, of what Harry is doing."

"He's not doing anything," Hyunjoong lied.

"I'm not stupid," Nara remarked. "From what I just saw, I know you still love Youngsaeng. I know Harry is up to something. What is it? Tell me."

"Why do you care? Do you have feelings for Youngsaeng now?" the older boy growled, his eyes flashing.

"I'm worried about him," the girl confessed. "He's not eating and he's only drinking water. He's also been depriving himself of sleep. He hasn't been concentrating and his mind's always somewhere else. The other boys are just as worried about him as I am. We need to know."

"You can't tell Youngsaeng this."

"I won't."

Hyunjoong took a deep breath and spilled out the truth. "Harry took pictures of Youngsaeng and I together and threatened to send it out to the whole school if I didn't become his boyfriend."

Nara smirked. "Just as I thought. So it was that..."

"You suspected it?"

"I have good eyes," the girl commented. "Anyways, thanks. I won't tell Youngsaeng, don't worry. But I'm going have to get him to cheer up a bit. He's... like a ghost now."

Hyunjoong groaned. "Oh my god, I hate Harry..."

"I do, too. I'll do something," Nara quickly said as he patted the boy on the shoulder. "Thanks a lot."

The boy watched as Nara ran off in the direction Youngsaeng had left, his heart aching. He felt like screaming, like shouting his heart out but he couldn't. He clenched his jaw and walked away.