Hand in Hand

Fated to Meet You

Hyunjoong stirred when he felt a sudden movement from beside him and a loud gasp. Opening his eyes, he saw his lover throwing the covers around and crawling around on the bed, his eyes wide as if frantically searching for something.

"Youngsaeng...? What's wrong?" he asked slowly. He found the position his boyfriend was in quite , but held himself back, knowing that Youngsaeng probably had been done too many times to handle.

Youngsaeng whipped his head around, his eyes wild. Hyunjoong froze at the younger boy's panicked state. "O-otter? Are you okay? Are you looking for something?"

"The bracelet!" exclaimed Youngsaeng, tears welling up. "That rose bracelet you gave me! I can't find it! I must have dropped it somewhere! Where did it go?"

The otter jumped off the bed and began to look around the room, examining the floor, but couldn't find the silver cuff. Desperately, he got down onto his knees and looked underneath the bed but there was nothing.

"Otter, it's alright. Come back here," assured Hyunjoong, gently pulling on his lover's arm.

Youngsaeng shook his head, his face ghostly white. "I lost it... I think I lost it... No! It's gotta be here somewhere!" He threw on his clothes and before Hyunjoong could stop him, the boy had already rushed out of the room and into the dining area, hurriedly searching.

"The bracelet... Where is it...? I couldn't have lost it..." he murmured, panting. "Where is it? Where is it?"

"Otter," Hyunjoong interrupted, grabbing his lover's upper arm and pulling him into his arms but Youngsaeng pushed him away. "I have to find it. It's got to be somewhere here! It can't be lost! It's important. I can't lose it!"

"Youngsaeng!" Hyunjoong exclaimed, stomping his foot hard on the ground, causing the panicking boy to stop. The older boy took Youngsaeng again and embraced him. "You don't have to worry about it, okay? I'll get you another one."

The prince shook his head. "No! I need this one! No other can replace it! This one's the one you gave me! I need it. If I've lost it... I don't know... what I'll do..." He faded off as tears dripped down.

Smiling softly, Hyunjoong buried Youngsaeng's face into his muscular chest. "No need to worry. I'll get you one that is exactly the same. It'll be no different. Calm down, Otter."

"But--"

Hyunjoong shushed the shorter boy with a warm smile as he gently brushed away the stray tears with his thumb. "No buts. Now come on, let's go wash up and head home. I want to eat your cooking again. The restaurant's not as good as your food. You have to help me study, too, for my finals."

Youngsaeng looked away before nodding hesitantly. "Okay..."

***

Once the two arrived home, Hachi pounced onto his owner, his tail wagging and his tongue sticking out as his eyes twinkled with excitement. Youngsaeng giggled. "Annyeong Hachi. Let's get you some breakfast."

"That's already done."

Youngsaeng looked up to see that kind maid who had stayed at his house to take care of Hachi. He bowed gratefully. "Thank you so much."

Hyunjoong nodded. "Thanks for staying. I hope it wasn't an inconvenience."

The maid smiled. "Not at all. If Young Master is home now, I will be going back to the main house. By the way, your mother called."

Without warning, Hyunjoong's eyes darkened and he stared hard at the maid. Youngsaeng quickly grabbed Hyunjoong's hand and squeezed it to try to prevent him from losing his temper.

"I don't wish to hear from her."

"It is important, Young Master," the maid took a step forward.

Hyunjoong turned his gaze and began to pull Youngsaeng up the step and down the hallway, passing the maid. Youngsaeng tried to stop him. "Hyunjoong, you should hear her out. It must be extremely important. Please..."

"I don't want to hear from that woman!" yelled Hyunjoong, his eyes burning with fury already as he suddenly ripped his hand out from his lover's grip. "There's no way... I don't care what she wants to say to me. I'm not going to be her guinea pig anymore!"

With that, he stormed up the stairs. Hachi whimpered as Youngsaeng stood there, frozen with shock. The maid sighed. "I knew he would react like this... Youngaseng-ssi... I apologize for his short temper."

Youngsaeng awkwardly smiled. "N-no, it's alright... I've actually never really seen him like this before."

"Even though he is like this, I know that you are the only person he listens to other than his sister," explained the maid. "Please hear me out."

The young boy bit his lower lip. "How may I address you?"

"Uee would be fine."

The otter nodded. "Uee-ssi... What his mother wanted to tell her son is meant for Hyunjoong only. I don't know what she wants to say, but to be honest, I do not want to hear her out either. I understand why Hyunjoong would be this angry just by hearing that his mother would want to say something to him."

"This news... is meant for you, too," informed Uee.

Youngsaeng paused before beckoning the girl into the room. "Let's sit down to talk. The corridor isn't exactly the place for a conversation."

Uee followed the boy into the room and sat down to where Youngsaeng gestured for her to sit. Hachi placed his head on Youngsaeng's lap, meaning for his owner to pet him. "Why would you think that the information is also for me?"

The maid took a breath as she slipped up her sleeve and showed a ring on her finger. Youngsaeng tilted his head in confusion. "What about it?"

"The truth is, I'm not a maid," Uee revealed, untying her white and black hairband and placing it down on her lap elegantly. "I'm his cousin and the daugher of the boss of 24 Hours."

Youngsaeng blinked owlishly. "24 Hours? That giant company?"

Uee nodded. "Yes, and his mother has engaged me to Hyunjoong. I came here to tell you this."

The boy lost his breath and his pupils dilated. "E-eh? Engaged...? But... his mother hasn't even asked Hyunjoong yet..."

"There is no need to ask. Hyunjoong oppa is her son and after her husband passed away, she has become the boss of the family," Uee said as she stood up. "I'm sorry, however, there is not helping it. I do not plan to put up a fight so I would like to request peacefully that you break up with him as soon as possible. His mother wishes for him to move back to his own home, for she does not want him out of her sight."

"Get out."

Uee smirked. "What? Is that really something to say to someone like--"

"Break up with him? Who are you to decide?" growled Youngsaeng as he also stood up. "I'm sorry, Uee-ssi, but sadly, you're not in charge of his life and his mother isn't either. There is no way I'm going to break up with him upon you request. If you want a fight, bring it on, however, in the end, you'll be the one losing. Something as personal as the relationship between Hyunjoong and me has nothing to do with someone who is not other than his mere little cousin."

"How dare--"

"Now get out of my house!"

Uee glared at him before whipping around and stomped out of the living room. Youngsaeng collapsed back onto the couch when he heard the front door slam shut.

"Youngsaeng...?"

The boy looked up to see Hyunjoong's gaze cast down as he stepped into the living room. Youngsaeng stood up in response and approached his boyfriend, wrapping his arms around the latter's waist. "Let's go upstairs."

Youngsaeng let go of Hyunjoong and was about to walk past him when Hyunjoong caught the latter's arm. "Youngsaeng, listen to me."

The otter looked at him in question. "What is it?"

He bit his bottom lip. "I heard the whole conversation..." Youngsaeng nodded. "And?"

"And... ... I'm sorry, I think it's best if I move out."

Youngsaeng's eyes widened. "E-eh? No! You can't! There's no need to go to that extent."

"Uee's dad has power," murmured Hyunjoong. "And together with my mom, they have money, too."

"But... Eunmi-noona, she can help us, can't she?"

Hyunjoong shook his head. "I'm afraid she won't be able to save us this time."