Life of a Student: Part 2

Fated to Meet You

The next day, the moment YS was seen by one student, she screamed out loud and everyone else's attention turned to him. He was, once again, surrounded.

"Ahhh!!! Youngsaeng!!!!" girls screamed.

"Be my boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!" more girls shrieked.

YS enjoyed this much attention and smiled brightly as he was used to fans surrounding him and taking pictures. He stayed still and let them crowd around them.

"Annyeong~" one word made the boys and girls cheer in excitement.

"Youngsaeng!!!" another voice came from the entrance.

But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't find where the voice was coming from. He was surprised he even heard it when the shouts of the girls and boys were almost deafening.

"Youngsaeng," the voice came again but this time, it was much closer.

He looked through the crowd to see his boyfriend squeezing his way through the crowd. Hyunjoong reached out. "Grab my hand!"

"Why?!" YS blurted loudly, causing the boy to freeze suddenly in surprise. 

Hyunjoong was pushed out of the crowd and he fell back onto his behind. Groaning in pain, he managed to get up and look worriedly at the boy causing this commotion. What was that? When did Youngsaeng actually want this much attention?

YS stayed in the middle, smiling and having fun with the girls and boys. But it was almost time for class so he began slowly heading towards the school building with everyone else behind him. 

"Youngsaeng oppa," a young girl started from right behind him, linking arms with him. "Will you be my boyfriend? I'm Kim Taeyeon."

"Ya! Taeyeon eonnie!" a few other girls yelled. "That's not fair! I wanted to become his girlfriend!"

Taeyeon stuck her tongue out playfully. "Too bad. I called him first."

"Oppa~ You'll become my boyfriend, right?" another girl chimed with a cute pout. "I'm Jung Jessica. I'll break up with my boyfriend if you ask me."

"I don't think your boyfriend would like that," YS laughed, amused by how unfaithful these girls were. "I wouldn't want to become an enemy towards these boys anyways. It attracts unwanted attention."

Hyunjoong couldn't do anything. He could only watch, his heart aching as if someone were squeezing it tightly, not letting go. Youngsaeng had never acted like this before. He thought the two of them had become so much closer for the past few months. Even though there were nothing that romantic going on, he thought that Youngsaeng was slowly falling in love with him. Youngsaeng trusted him to believe in him and he did believe in him. But what was happening to their relationship now? 

When they got to the classroom, the teacher was already there. The girls and boys left and YS was able to go to his desk quietly. Hyunjoong followed silently, not knowing how to talk to his boyfriend anymore. Throughout the half of the class, Hyunjoong stole glances at YS. What am I going to do if he doesn't like me anymore? I still love him so much...

"Youngsaeng oppa! I've come to pick you up for lunch~" Taeyeon exclaimed as she appeared at the doorway at lunch time. 

"That's so strange. Taeyeon is acting like his girlfriend already," Kyujong grumbled to Hyunjoong. 

"Hyung!" Hyungjun shouted to YS, grabbing his arm. "Aren't you going to eat lunch with us? Like you always do?"

YS smirked. "I going to eat with someone else for once. I think I might experience something new. It's best to expand your social circle, you know?"

The brunette's mouth gaped open in shock as the other three stared when YS walked away from his bestfriend. When he had snapped back to reality, he hurried back to the other three. "What the hell is happening? Youngsaeng hyung never does that!"

"He seems to also enjoy being the center of attention now, too," Hyunjoong murmured, his eyes looking quite depressed. "Before, he cried when everyone crowded around him. Now, he's always smiling."

"Don't you like it when he does that?" Jungmin questioned curiously.

Hyunjoong didn't respond but the others still waited for his answer. Finally, he took a deep breath and sighed. "I don't know myself anymore. I don't know if I want him to smile so much anymore. I'm a selfish person, Youngsaeng said it himself when he became my boyfriend. I want him to just look at me. I want Youngsaeng for myself. I don't want him linking arms with other people and I don't want smiling at people I don't even know."

Jungmin smiled. "I know how you feel."

"How...?" Hyunjoong asked quietly.

"Even though I'm your bestfriend, I can't tell you," Jungmin snickered, grinning evilly. "The only one who knows is Youngsaeng hyung."

"What?!" Kyujong exclaimed in surprise. "You like someone? But... You said--"

"I lied," the horse stuck his tongue out. "Too bad 'cuz I'm not telling anyone else."

"Come on hyung," Hyungjun began. "Tell us. Tell us who you like."

Jungmin gazed at him. "I can't. Especially not to you."

"What?! Why?!" 

He saw Kyujong and Hyunjoong raising their eyebrows. Jungmin put on a playful smile. "You're too young. You might spill it."

"Why'd you tell Youngsaeng?" Hyunjoong questioned suspiciously, thinking that the two were becoming closer than he might've expected.

Jungmin patted his hyung on the shoulder, chuckling. "Don't worry, don't worry. There's nothing going on between us. I didn't directly tell him. He noticed it by himself."

_____________

As YS headed towards the cafeteria to get food, the girls stuck to him. There were 7 other classes following Jessica and Taeyeon. Their names were Tiffany, Sunny, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Yoona, and Seohyun. He learned that they were the 9 queens of the school. 

"Where do you live?" Taeyeon asked curiously. 

"Me? I live nearby," YS replied with a laugh. 

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Jessica questioned.

YS thought a bit. He was in a relationship with Hyunjoong but... "Well, yeah. I do have one."

"Why don't you break up with her and join up with me?" Sunny snickered from behind him.

Hyunjoong, who was behind them and was also heading to the cafeteria, his pupils dilated as his eyes widened in shock from the question. Break up? That was actually possible. Youngsaeng was cute and his personality was good, too. He was talented in many aspects and was well-rounded. Not to mention that he had told him before that he liked girls, not guys. But then... Why were the two dating then?

He didn't want to hear what Youngsaeng was going to say but at the same time, he was worried, he was extremely shaken by the fact that Youngsaeng would agree and break up with him for one of the girls.

YS, he didn't know exactly what to say. I'm not YS right now. I'm Youngsaeng. I can't say yes. I'm dating Hyunjoong and I love him so I just have to say so.

"I don't think I can do that," Hyunjoong heard him laugh as he didn't notice Hyunjoong. It sounded as if it wasn't for that one girl, but it was for the whole group, for the whole school. "After all, I love her."

Hyunjoong almost collapsed in relief but held himself by leaning onto the wall beside him, feeling as if he wanted to cry. He did want to cry and tears were welling up but he held them back. For the rest of the lunch, he didn't bother to go buy something to eat. He already felt full in his stomach, heart, and mind. Just hearing that Youngsaeng loved him made him feel like that he could go on without food and water for days.

But he didn't know. Did the real Youngsaeng love him like YS had said, like he had thought?