Cultural Festival: Part 5

Fated to Meet You

Though Youngsaeng had told him not to think about it, for the rest of the festival, all that was on Hyunjoong's mind was the fact that the otter was going to leave him and go halfway around the world to study for 6 years. He followed the prince to the stadium at the time school was supposed to end when he said that it was almost time for the performances. As the two waited with the huge crowd around them, Hyunjoong absenmindedly twirled around with Youngsaeng's hair. The boy turned around to look at him.

"Joongie, is something wrong?" he questioned worriedly.

The older boy opened his mouth to speak but then closed it. Youngsaeng's always been thinking about me... This is a good chance for him to get into a good universe, a better one than the ones in Korea. I can't complain... I can't stop him from going down his path.

He smiled and shook his head. "No, nothing's wrong. Don't worry."

Youngsaeng tilted his head, his eyebrow raised as he pouted. "Are you sure? Your expression... It's not too good. Are you feeling sick?"

"Otter, stop worrying so much about me," Hyunjoong complained with a frown. "I'm perfectly fine."

The prince put his hand on the boy's forehead and Hyunjoong's face immediately heated up from the contact. With furrowed eyebrows, the latter transferred his hands down and clasped them around the older boy's neck.

"Well, you don't have a fever..." Youngsaeng murmured. "Come on, just tell me. I can tell, you're not feeling well."

"I think... it might be better if I tell you at home..." the cow sighed.

The otter stood up, flattening down his skirt. "Do you want to go home now, then?"

Hyunjoong's eyes widened and he quickly pulled the boy down back onto his seat by the arm, shaking his head. "No, of course not. We still have three hours until the festival ends. Aren't we going to stay until the end?"

"If you want to go home right now, it's alright," Youngsaeng said as he gently caressed Hyunjoong's cheek, his eyes glazed with concern. "I don't mind. You seem to want to tell me something anyway."

"It's... not that important," Hyunjoong grumbled with a sullen look. "It's really not so urgent. You want to see YS in that dress, don't you?"

Youngsaeng smiled. "Yeah, I do, but you're more important... Unless you want me to say that I care about seeing YS in the Chinese dress more than you."

Hyunjoong's eyebrow twitched as he knew that the latter was teasing him. "Remember what I said I was going to do when we got home?"

The otter's cheeks suddenly turned red and his ears heated up. He quickly looked down at his hands in his lap and fiddled around with them nervously. Hyunjoong grinned and pecked his cheek.

"Do you still want to go home?" the older boy asked curiously.

"Well... it depends if you want to tell me what's bothering you," Youngsaeng told him and faced him again after calming down. "I mean, I don't want to force you but if you're not going to have fun at the festival because of this, then what's the point?"

"I..." Hyunjoong trailed off, his eyes looking down at his feet. "I don't want to deprive you of the festival that you created with the others... I mean, since you're one of the planners of this, I think it's best if you stay."

"YS is replacing me right now," Youngsaeng reminded him quietly. "Don't see me as the President or one of the SC members, just think of me as your girlfriend, a normal student of the school."

"But--"

"Right now, I am a normal student," the otter spoke with a light smile. "And I'm dressed up as a girl so don't hold back. I'm not the President, I'm not a member of the SC, I have nothing to do with this festival except as one of its participants. I'm Heo Youngsaeng and I'm sitting right in front of you."

Hyunjoong gazed at the otter who was smiling at him softly, he felt tears well up. Youngsaeng paled when he noticed.

"Joongie, did I say something wrong? I'm sorry, why are you about to cry? What happened? Did I do something?"

The older boy shook his head and hid his face with his hands. "I'm just... ... really happy..."

Youngsaeng breathed a sigh of relief and hugged the latter. "So what do you want to do now then? Stay here and enjoy the Cultural Festival or go home and talk about your problems? It's your choice. I don't mind either."

Hyunjoong leaned in and whispered into the boy's ear. "I want to do it."

The otter felt his cheeks heat up again. "So that... basically means... go home...?"

The older boy nodded and grabbed Youngsaeng's arm, dragging him out of the stadium and hurrying into the school building where the two got their coats and bags. Hyunjoong started towing the boy out of the school and heading back to the house.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is a requested chapter. Pure (I think?). Enjoy :3