The Festival: Part 2

Fated to Meet You

Finally, the time had come for the Festival of the Cherry Blossoms, a festival to attract students from other schools. Party poppers, balloons, and fire crackers were set off as the festival started. Students from other schools also came to play, eat, and enjoy the activities the students had set up.

Youngsaeng yawned as he walked around the corridors of his school, kind of happy that his class did the decorations. Now, he could just sit up and enjoy the festival, instead needing to operate an activity.

"Hyung!" a voice called from behind him.

He turned around and smiled, happy to see him.

"Yo! Hyungjun!" he exclaimed, slowing down to let the boy catch up to him.

"Have you heard? There's a band coming here to perform in the stadium!" he announced excitedly.

"Oh? Which group?"

"SS501!!! The girls are crazy about them. They're super popular right now and just got back together," Hyungjun explained and then grabbed onto Youngsaeng's hand. "Come on, we have to go see."

Youngsaeng didn't object and just went along with the younger boy. By the time they go to the stadium, the doorway was already crowded with fan girls holding up posters and glow sticks. The two pushed their way into the stadium and stopped at the middle. Looking up, they saw five boys standing on the stage just starting to introduce themselves.

"Annyeonghaseyo, we are..." one boy started.

"SS501," the rest joined in a chorus and finished, holding their palms up.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm the leader, HJL," the short-haired boy greeted.

"I'm SS501's prince, YS," the boy next to him said. "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Annyeong! I am the center, KJ," the black-haired announced.

"I'm the y charisma of SS501, JM, nice to meet you."

"And I'm the maknae, HJ. Annyeong!"

The girls and boys went crazy and cheered. Hyungjun turned to Youngsaeng. "Hyung, don't you think YS looks a lot like you?"

"He does?"

Hyungjun nodded. "It's funny. You two kind of look like twins except for the hair color. Yours is black and his is brownish..."

Youngsaeng shrugged. "No idea."

"Do you want to hear us sing?" HJL shouted into the microphone.

The boys and girls screamed enthusiastically.

"Do you want to hear us sing?" the leader yelled again, this time even louder.

The shrieks and cheers also became louder and finally, the music started. Hyungjun joined in with the cheers and the jumping up and down. Youngsaeng stayed still but nodded his head along with the beat.

"Youngsaeng?" another voice came from behind him.

He turned to see Hyunjoong standing there in surprise.

"Oh, hyung," he greeted with a bow.

"Do you also like SS501?"

"Well, Hyungjun dragged me here," Youngsaeng explained loudly as the cheers drowned his voice. "What are you doing here?"

"I came here to see what the big crowd was about and just found out that SS501 was here."

"Oh, I see!"

"Hey, but don't you think YS looks a lot like you?" Hyunjoong shouted above the loud screams.

"That's exactly what Hyungjun said to me!" Youngsaeng replied, yelling on top of his lungs. "Why exactly do you think that he looks like me?"

"You two look identical except for the hair. YS is way older but he looks young, he looks like he's the same age as you!"

"Are you saying I look old?"

Hyunjoong shook his head. "No, I just said that YS looks really young."

"Oh, I see!"

They stopped shouting and turned back to the performance, just in time for the chorus. 

"Neoreul bomyeon apa, sumi neomu gappa, ije nae sonjaba," they sang in unison.

"Sesangmodu jeokidwindahaedo naneun andwae," JM sang that part.

"Neo animyeon andwae," YS sang.

"Baby let me love ya, love ya, love ya," they all joined in.

Hyungjun squealed in excitement and Youngsaeng just stared at him in surprise. He tapped him on the shoulder. "You really like them right?"

The baby nodded in joy. "Of course, they're awesome!"

After the song ended, the boys on stage were panting and smiling at each other. Soon, the leader started to talk.

"So, as you all know, Love Ya was the song that we produced before we went out separate ways," he said. "We're happy that we're together again and will be going on with our solo activities and group activities."

The fans cheered loudly in delight.

"Anyways," KJ started. "We hope you enjoyed our performance. After the festival, there is going to be a special raffle, I think...?"

JM nodded. "Yep, and first prize will be two tickets to our live concert next year in February."

"And what's second prize?" YS asked.

"Second prize will be..." HJ started and from the side of the stage, brought out six posters. "Six posters, five with the individual us and one with the group, all signed by us."

This time, the screams were deafening. Youngsaeng and Hyunjoong covered their ears as they eyed Hyungjun, who was also screaming on top of his lungs.

"You can join the raffle by going to the grand hall," HJL announced.

After the performance ended, everyone filed out of the stadium, chattering with wide grins and laughter.

"Hyung!" Hyungjun exclaimed. "We have to go and join the raffle. Come on."

Pulling along Youngsaeng, the older boy was dragged away from Hyunjoong towards the grand hall. By the time they got there, the place was already crowded with participants. Because his dongsaeng was determined to buy raffle tickets, Youngsaeng was forced to also stand there for the next two hours.

"How long do we have to stay here?" Youngsaeng whined in annoyance.

"Until we buy the tickets," Hyungjun replied frankly, his eyes sparkling.

Finally, two long hours later, they got to the counter to buy the raffle tickets and found out that they were just about sold out.

"What?! You only have 15 left? Why didn't you prepare more?" Hyungjun exclaimed in frustration. "I just waited two hours in line to get the tickets!"

"We're sorry but we only have that many," the girl apologized. "More than 300 were bought in the first hour."

"Hyungjun," Youngsaeng started, tapping his dongsaeng on the shoulder. "It's okay. Just buy the last ones then. It's a raffle. It's true that if you have one hundred, you would have a bigger chance of winning but if you don't have any, you wouldn't have any chance, would you?"

Hyungjun huffed, calming down. "You're right. Okay, I'll buy the rest."

He paid and took the tickets, turning to Youngsaeng. "Hyung, you should also have a few."

"Why? I'm not a really big fan of them. I know you really want the tickets and the posters."

The brunette ripped off one of the tickets and put it into Youngsaeng's hand. "Take this one and keep it. Participate in it with me, alright?"

Sighing, the older boy nodded. "Sure, it's not like I'm going to win out of the hundreds."

"Now that's the spirit," Hyungjun grinned. "Now let's go enjoy a few games."