Host Club

Fated to Meet You

Late at night, Youngsaeng arrived home and found out the door was unlocked and the lights were open. Hyung's still awake? I thought he would've gone to sleep already...

"I'm home," he called as he closed the door behind him and took off his shoes. He walked into the living room, quickly sliding off his uniform coat and putting down his bag. Hachi was already asleep on the couch. He headed towards the kitchen and stopped when he saw Hyunjoong sleeping at the dinner table with his dinner in front of him. There was another serving across the table in front of him. Youngsaeng smiled and walked over, gently shaking his shoulders. "Hyung... Wake up, you're going to catch a cold if you sleep here..."

The older boy stirred and opened his eyes, seeing the otter. "Otter... You said that you would text me if you were coming home late. It's already 11 o'clock..."

"Mianhae..." Youngsaeng murmured and sat down on a chair beside the boy. "Let's go to sleep, arasseo?"

"How about dinner?"

"Are you hungry?"

"... Not really..."

The prince pecked his half-awake boyfriend on the forehead. "I'll clean the table and put these away. You hurry upstairs and go to sleep, okay?"

The cow nodded sleepily and got up, beginning to head upstairs. Youngsaeng stayed in the kitchen and made sure the food was put in the refridgerator and that the rest of the dishes were washed and put away properly. A while later, he headed upstairs, exhausted. When he entered his room, he saw that Hyunjoong had fallen asleep on his bed instead of the one next door. Well... Am I supposed to be sleeping beside him or should I go to the other room to sleep?

After washing up, he climbed into his bed beside Hyunjoong and set his alarm clock to 3 o'clock in the morning. I only have 3 hours to sleep tonight... I guess if I finish cooking early, I can sleep a while longer. In no time at all, the boy fell fast asleep.

It felt like barely a second had past when his alarm clock rang. He opened his eyes and found himself in Hyunjoong's embrace. Taking a deep breath, he carefully edged out of the older boy's arms and closed the alarm clock. He got up and was about to head to washroom when he felt someone tug his shirt.

"Where... are you going so early in the morning?" Hyunjoong croaked, barely awake. "It's only 3 o'clock..."

"Sorry, I have to go cook for today," Youngsaeng told him with a slight smile. "I'll leave breakfast for you on the table. Make sure to wake up on time, okay?"

Hyunjoong nodded and let go the shirt, falling back on the bed. The otter took a quick shower and changed into his uniform before heading downstairs to quickly cook breakfast.

Almost an hour later, he got to school and began to prepare in the kitchen, looking at the list he had left on the counter last day. "So... crepe, cookies, yogurt mousse, scones, mont blanc, jelly, takoyaki, tarts, rolled sandwiches, and cupcakes... Okay, got the order. Let's start cooking."

Quickly, he began mixing dough, preheating the oven, and buttering the pans. Half an hour later, Youngmin arrived. "Eo! Youngsaeng! You're here already, again? I always think that I came early but you're always here!"

Youngsaeng didn't say anything and continued to concentrate on baking. Youngmin hurried over to help. "What are you making right now?"

"Rainbow jelly. It takes the longest," the otter replied. "Then we'll make yogurt mousse. I've already mixed the batter for crepe and takoyaki. Later, all we have to do is cook them. It doesn't take long. For cupcakes, they've already started baking. Scones and mont blanc will be done next."

"Wow, that's amazing," the blonde boy praised. "Okay, I'll start now. What do you want me to do?"

"For now, help me mix this," Youngsaeng told him as he passed the mixture to him. "I'm going to go start on the yogurt mousse."

Youngmin took the spoon and the small bowl, beginning to slowly stir.

At eight o'clock, the alarm clock rang again and Hyunjoong slowly woke up. He glanced at the clock. "Oh shoot! I have to get up!"

He got out of the shower in five minutes (his record) and changed his clothes, hurrying downstairs. Aish~ Why didn't Youngsaeng wake me up? Is he already downstairs? The boy got saw a note on the kitchen table:

Dear Hyunjoong hyung

Sorry, I left early in the morning today so I wasn't able to wake you up. I set the alarm clock though. Hurry, eat your breakfast and get to school.

He sighed, sticking a piece of toast in his mouth and hurrying out after feeding Hachi.

In the kitchen, Youngmin and Youngsaeng were putting on the finishing touches of their pastries. Youngsaeng carefully placed the fruit decorations on the rainbow jelly and the yogurt mousse. Youngmin sprinkled a bit of flour and sugar on the scones.

"Youngsaeng," Youngmin began. "Youngsaeng."

The boy didn't answer and continued to place the accessories.

"Youngsaeng... President!!!" he finally exclaimed. Youngsaeng jolted in surprise and looked up. "Neh?"

"You're really out of it today, is something wrong?" the blonde boy asked worriedly. "You're kind of pale, too... Did you lose weight the past few days...?"

The otter smiled awkwardly. "No, it's nothing. I'm just kind of tired..."

Youngmin nodded. "I guess it's expected. We woke up quite early to make these..."

They looked at the kitchen. All the counters were filled with food and drinks.

"Youngmin hyung! Youngsaeng!" Kwangmin called from outside. "Time to get into the cothes. The classes are coming!"

"Oh! Let's go, hurry," Youngmin urged and pulled the President out of the kitchen.

They quickly changed into their suits and hung four pictures outside on the wall. Donghyun and Jeongmin stood outside, Hyunseong stood at the side in the room while Youngsaeng and the other hosts had their own corners with luxurious couches and tables to place snacks and drinks. Youngsaeng yawned. I'm so tired... Only had 3 hours of sleep last night... 4 hours of sleep the night before... About another 3 hours of sleep the night before the night before...

Outside, Jeongmin and Donghyun smiled in their butler suits as they saw the classes coming down the hall.

"Annyeonghaseyo," they greeted together, bowing simulatenously. "Welcome to the 1A Host Club. Please do not push or pull."

Donghyun continued talking as Jeongmin fell silent. He showed the four pictures. "Here are the three hosts, actually four but... Whatever."

Hyunjoong looked at the pictures and saw that Youngsaeng's was at the top of the triangle.

"Third place is No Minwoo. Second is Kwangmin and Youngmin, the cute twins," Jeongmin introduced, pointing at each. "First is our lovely President, Heo Youngsaeng." They opened the doors. "Please choose whoever you like."

The girls and boys rushed in, immediately heading towards the honor student they liked. Hyunjoong, Hyungjun, Jungmin, and Kyujong just watched as about half of the crowd ran to Youngsaeng's corner, crowding around him. The lucky students got the couches but many had to stand. They began showering him with questions and comments.

"Wah! I love your hair!" a boy gushed.

"He's so cute!!!" another girl squealed.

"What's your favorite food?" a girl asked curiously.

"Do you have any pets?" another boy questioned.

A student beside him began hugging his arm. "Oppa~ I love you~"

"Ya! Kim Taeyeon!" the girl on the other side exclaimed. "Don't go taking him for yourself."

Taeyeon stuck her tongue out. "Too bad~"

Both arms of Youngsaeng was trapped in the girls' grips. He smiled awkwardly. "Umm... If you would like to order drinks and food, please go to Hyunseong hyung... There are many pastries to choose from. Hyung has the menu."

None of them left. Youngsaeng stood up, slipping his arms out of the girls' clutches. "Hyunseong hyung! Come here to take their order!"

Hyunseong hurried to the corner and handed out the menus. "Here are the pastries and drinks that are currently available. Please choose any of your choice."

The questions, comments, squealing, and screaming went on all the way until lunch time (3 hours). By the time everyone left with only Hyunjoong, Kyujong, Jungmin, and Hyungjun staying, Youngsaeng had literally collapsed of exhaustion.

"Otter!" Hyunjoong exclaimed and ran to the boy's side. "Are you okay?"

"Ahh... My ear's are ringing and my head hurts..." the boy groaned, slowly getting up and swaying a bit as he walked. "Youngmin hyung! Youngmin hyung! Can you get me an ice pack from the fridge?"

The blonde boy nodded and went into the kitchen, getting the President an ice pack as well as one for himself.

"I am never doing this again..." Minwoo grumbled, also going into the kitchen.

Youngsaeng headed into the kitchen with Hyunjoong. He breathed a sigh of relief. Good... There are still enough snacks to last the rest of the day... Oh, I still have to cook lunch for them... Aish~ They can just eat the rolled sandwiches. He went out again. "Hey, if you want to eat lunch, just take a few rolled sandwiches. I really can't cook right now."

"Neh~"

The otter stumbled back to the couch.

"Youngsaeng!" Hyunjoong exclaimed again, hurrying after him. "Otter, stop moving around so much."

"I'm done moving around," he sighed. "I'm so tired..."

Hyunjoong stayed by the boy's side until it was time to go to class. The second batch of student came for the spirit day Host Club. Again, Donghyun and Jeongmin stood at the door and time ticked by slowly, every second feeling like an hour.

Youngsaeng felt like his head was going to explode, as did the others. With all the students around them, they felt as if they had gone deaf. It was hard to concentrate and listen to their questions and requests. Youngsaeng looked around. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. I can't right now... Stay awake, Youngsaeng... Just for a little while longer. He looked at the clock. Just hold on for twenty more minutes. Only twenty more minutes left.