Gifts

Fated to Meet You

During the rest of the week, Youngsaeng was told by the principal to stay home and rest. Every day after school and on the weekend, Hyunjoong visited Youngsaeng and if he saw the boy walking around the house, he would get him to sleep again and try his best to cook dinner though it always ended up with a huge mess in the kitchen. The otter never complained though as he said nothing if the taste was horrible but still ate it or complimented the cooking if it was okay. Harry also visited the President a few times and the two joked around while Hyunjoong wasn't there but stopped when the older boy entered the room again, Youngsaeng quickly lying to down to pretend that he was asleep. Harry always ended up laughing and giving away the fact that they were fooling around. Hyunjoong usually would scold Youngsaeng for not getting enough rest and worry about him but the prince made him soften up by kissing him gently on the lips or hugging him and apologizing.

The rest of the 1A class visited twice that week, bringing their ideas, requests, hugs, and kisses along with them; while his other friends went by almost every day to help. Hyungjun came to forgive Harry and actually grew to like him as a friend when he saw how close Youngsaeng and the boy was. Jungmin would pout whenever he saw that Hyungjun was suddenly playing with his former enemy. Hyunjoong would sometimes get jealous that Youngsaeng was grinning with Harry all the time but when Youngsaeng gave him a smile with his cute dimples, his heart would melt and he practically pounced onto the boy like a dog, like Hachi, who was also always lying on Youngsaeng and sleeping with him.

On Sunday, Hyunjoong moved back with Youngsaeng, glad to be "home" again. His stepsister had to head back to Japan for a drama shooting but swore that she would come back right after to make sure that everything was alright. The two were lovey dovey again after staying away from each other for two weeks, with Youngsaeng having an eating disorder and all. The otter was finally regaining weight and his natural color, being incredibly pale-- almost white before. Hyunjoong would do his best to cook seasoned fried chicken every day for Youngsaeng and try to make it better each time but he didn't know whether it was to Youngsaeng's liking as the boy would always smile and simply say that it's good, or it's really good, every time.

On Monday, finally mostly recovered, still with a little cough, Youngsaeng returned to school and was greeted by a large crowd of boys and girls who were screaming that they missed him. But what startled him the most was what was inside the room. No wonder Harry had warned him that day to prepare himself for what was coming at school. A huge mountain of gifts at the corner of the room, most wrapped in small and large colorful, decorative boxes or a few giant stuffies not even needing wrapping and just sitting on at the peak.

"What... is this...?" Youngsaeng muttered in shock as he stared at it, blinking owlishly.

Hyunjoong was beside him, grinning childishly. "This is your fans' love. There's candy, chocolate, letters, stuffies, and more."

"I can't accept all this," the President spoke, turning back to the rest of the Student Council and coughed. "What am I going to do with all of it?"

"You can share it with us," Minwoo suggested as he fluttered his eyelashes prettily, earning a smack in the head from Donghyun. "Ya!"

"Don't go asking Youngsaeng for his things," Jeongmin scolded in place of the older boy.

"No, go ahead," Youngsaeng interrupted, gesturing with his hand to the pile. "I want to see what there is here first, though..."

He put down his bag and slipped off his jacket, leaving it on his bag as he rolled up his sleeves, as if about to face a monster. He approached the pile and when he was only a step away, something jumped out of the pile and jumped onto Youngsaeng, causing the neat mountain to fall apart and the President to fall backwards onto the ground.

The rest of the classes began laughing when they saw that the President had fell for their prank. Harry had thought of it and it worked.

"Harry..." the boy groaned as his friend chuckled, climbing off the boy.

Youngsaeng lay sprawled on the ground in pain from the sudden impact with the floor and coughed again. "That hurt..."

Hyunjoong grinned as he helped his lover up. "Sorry we didn't tell you. Wanted it to be a surprise."

"Don't do that again," the otter huffed. "There aren't anymore surprises in there, are there?"

Hyunseong shook his head, his cheeks red from his laughing fit. "Nope."

The prince sighed as he got up, glaring at the presents that were spread everywhere across the floor. "I guess I don't have to dig through it anymore. Oh~ What's in that box? *cough cough*"

In no time, the young boy was jumping from present to present, saving the letters for later as he untied ribbons and took off lids. Just as he had thought, many of the gifts were chocolate. Hyunjoong had to leave for class and Youngsaeng stopped looking through the presents, deciding to accept all the homework and assignments he had missed and finish most of the pile in class before going back to looking through the gifts.

At lunch, Harry, Jungmin, Kyujong, Hyungjun and Hyunjoong all visited the class. But as Youngsaeng sat on the couch, reading one of the letters a student had given him, he felt that something was missing in the classroom. He looked around, counting the students. From the 1A class, there was Kwangmin, Youngmin, Hyunseong, Donghyun, Minwoo, Jeongmin and himself. In his friends group was Hyungjun, Harry, Jungmin, and Kyujong. And his boyfriend, Hyunjoong, was there with him. Who was missing?

"Otter? What are you thinking about?" Hyunjoong asked him when he noticed that the boy was somewhat distracted.

Youngsaeng smiled. "Nothing. I was just seeing if everybody was here."

Hyunjoong looked around with him. "7 from the 1A class. 5 from the other classes. Everybody's here."

No matter how hard Youngsaeng thought, he couldn't remember and decided to just shrug it off. He leaned back onto Hyunjoong's chest as he looked at his wrist, where the rose bracelet hung from.

A beautiful woman sat elegantly outside in her long, silken white dress on a thick branch of a leaved tree, peering in through the window. Two large, snow feathered wings folded up behind her back as her long, black hair that flowed smoothly down her back floated along with the gentle breeze, her cold black eyes crinkling in happiness as she watched her son having fun with Hyunjoong and the others. Another angel, a man also dressed in white, landed gracefully beside her.

"It seems he's happy now," the man remarked as he sat down beside her. "Weren't you planning to tell him?"

The woman sighed. "I was going to... But maybe it's best if he doesn't know. He's grown up now, he doesn't need to have any additional facts hindering him."

The latter smiled and quickly pecked the woman on the cheek. "So he's also found someone precious."

She looked pleased. "I'm glad. There is someone else to give him joy. Ever since you left him, I was afraid that he wasn't able to find the happiness that we managed to obtain when we were his age."

"Now that he has someone beside him at all times, we don't have to be watching 24/7, do we?"

"Once he goes to America, I'll look out for him, just to make sure he's doesn't have too much trouble and comes back safely," the woman said as she flapped her wings slightly to stand up. She beamed proudly as she gazed at Youngsaeng, who was now eagerly rummaging through the gift boxes/bags again, this time with Hyunjoong. "I'm delighted to have given birth to such a charming, talented child."

The man stood up with her and took her hand. "He's just like you. Nostalgic, isn't it? Shall we go?"

The two flapped their wings and rose up out of the trees, simultaneously disappearing into thin wisps of smoke. Youngsaeng, from in the room, suddenly looked out the window and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Otter?" Hyunjoong spoke as he was opening a box.

Youngsaeng squinted but saw nothing but white clouds and blue sky, the leaves of the trees rustling and swaying with the wind. "I thought I saw..."

Hyunjoong stayed silent for the boy to continue to speaking but the prince shook his head, looking amused. "No, it's nothing. There was something outside the window."

The older boy grinned as the two went back to opening presents again and hugging stuffies, testing the softness. Youngsaeng laughed with Hyunjoong and his friends, oblivious to the couple that was watching over him from above and erased from his memory by the angel was the fact that there was once a girl in the 1A class.