The Party: The Disaster

Fated to Meet You

Youngsaeng ran out of the room and looked around with his phone pressed against his ear.

"Yeobeoseyo?" Hyunjoong's mother's voice came from the other end.

"Ms. Kim," he said quickly in his girl voice, "It's Youngmi, Hyunjoong's girlfriend."

"Ah, neh. What is it?"

"Please, just listen to me and don't ask any questions. Send a helicopter to the roof immediately. Hyunjoong oppa is in grave danger and I'm trying to find him right now. And get as many police as you can. Get them to surround the hotel. Tell them that no one is to leave after 10:00pm. Right now, it's 9:50pm and your son is already currently in danger as the guests are leaving. Don't allow anyone to leave the hotel ground, or even the hotel building, after 10:00 and make the police stay there. Do not let them leave."

"Wait, why do I have to do this?"

"Please, just obey me this once. Your son is going to be killed if I don't find him soon enough. I can't worry about this stuff now. Please, just listen to me. The helicopter is the most important though. Please send the helicopter immediately before calling the cops."

"Okay, I got it. Hurry and find Hyunjoong. Is he with anyone?"

"Yeah, he's with Kyujong oppa. I got Jungmin and Hyungjun to leave already so they won't be in danger. But Kyujong oppa also has a high chance of being killed."

Youngsaeng dashed around the hallways and through the crowds of people, searching desperately for Kyujong and Hyunjoong.

"I've sent a helicopter," Ms. Kim said through the phone. "I will contact Kyujong and tell the two to go to the elevator of the first floor."

"Okay, I will meet them there. I wil make sure they come out alive and safe."

"Thank you Youngmi. The rest is up to you. I'm going to call the police."

He hung up and started to dial Hyunjoong's number. It rang a few times and Youngsaeng crossed his fingers, praying to God that Hyunjoong was still safe and sound and was still able to pick up the phone. After a few more rings, Hyunjoong's voice came through.

"YOUNGSAENG!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU????" he screamed into the phone.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Youngsaeng repeatedly apologized. "Now listen to me. You and Kyujong, go to the elevator of the first floor. Now! Run there as fast as you can. I'll meet you there. There's no time to explain. Just go!"

He hung up after that and ran towards the elevator, trying not to trip over his dress. By the time he got to the courtyard, the place was almost empty. The guests had already left. He had to hurry.

Running as swift as the wind, he ignored the pain starting to build up in his knee joint. Halfway there, he couldn't take the pain anymore and he ended up limping, being unable to run properly. The hotel was quiet, with only the sound of his breath and his heartbeat. There was eerie silence which made him want to go faster in order to escape this atmosphere.

Suddenly, he stopped and heard slow walking footsteps. The killers had come. Running like never before, Youngsaeng finally made it to the elevator to see Kyujong and Hyunjoong waiting for him. Hyunjoong opened his mouth but Youngsaeng immediately covered it.

"Stop," he hissed and pushed the two into the elevator hall and pushed the button to go up. "You two are in really big trouble. Get onto the roof as fast as you can and make sure you aren't noticed."

"What? Why?" Kyujong whispered, knowing that Youngsaeng was trying to be as quiet as he could.

"There's no time to explain."

The elevator door opened. This was a new hotel so it made no sound, which gave them an advantage. Youngsaeng pushed them in. "Just get onto the roof. I called your mother to send a helicopter and it's coming now. The police are also heading here."

"Then what are you doing? Get in!" Hyunjoong growled, trying to pull Youngsaeng in but the younger boy stood his ground as he heard the footsteps come even closer.

"No, I'm not going with you," Youngsaeng told him and snatched his hand away. "If they see the elevator move, they will know that we are going up there. We will not be able to escape them."

"Then you're going to..."

"I will act as a decoy, as a distraction so that at least you two can make it up there safely," Youngsaeng explained to them, going faster as the footsteps slowly, very slowly, got even closer and louder. They were almost turning the corner. "Go! Hurry!"

"You're coming with us!" Hyunjoong hissed and still, tried to get Youngsaeng in.

This time, Youngsaeng did step in but he wrapped his arms around the older boy, pretending to hug him and hit him on the neck with the side of his hand. Hyunjoong went limp.

"Take care of him," Youngsaeng told Kyujong as he handed the unconscious boy over to Kyujong. "And if I don't make it out alive... Tell hyung that I will always be watching over him. There's no need to worry about me."

Kyujong faced Youngsaeng with determined eyes. "I won't tell him."

The otter looked at the older boy in confusion.

"I believe that I will see you again."

Youngsaeng smiled lightly and dug into his pocket, pulling out something and threw it to Kyujong. "Take care of that for me and when you see me again, give it to me."

Kyujong nodded with a grin as he clutched onto the collar. "Yeah, I will definitely do so."

The otter smirked and the two watched each other as the elevator door closed. Finally, as the number increased, Youngsaeng turned and rushed towards the fire exit just as the two men were turning the corner. They saw him and Youngsaeng felt a sudden pain on his upper arm. The gun.

Still, he pushed into the fire exit and jumped up the stairs, trying to hold in the pain of his leg and the fresh wound in his arm. When he got to the next floor, he stopped for a few seconds and was relieved to hear the fire exit door open with multiple footsteps slowly stepping up. This meant that they had not noticed the elevator going up. Youngsaeng continued up as fast as he could, limping and holding the wound, trying to stop the bleeding. His jacket was becoming soaked with blood, a dark splotch.

When he thought he had gotten high enough, he exited the stairs and leaned against the wall, panting and gasping for air. He couldn't even feel his leg anymore. The doctor had told him not to run so much anymore, even worse, climb so many stories.

Suddenly, he saw a door down the hall that was slightly open. It had not been locked up and the inside lock was holding it open. But he couldn't get there, his leg was numb. Panicking, he quickly thought of a way to get his leg to move again. A fumbled in his pockets and found a pen hidden in there. When did it get there? He didn't know but it was enough to make his leg move again. He clicked it open and stabbed it into his leg, gritting his teeth as agony seared through his legs. But pain meant that he could finally feel something and he quickly limped to the door.

Pushing the door open, Youngsaeng entered, locking the door behind him. He collapsed onto the bed, grasping his arm and curling up in agony. A few minutes later, he could hear gun shots hitting metal. They were shooting open the locks. They knew he was in there.

Still, he could only lie there, groaning and rolling around in harsh pain. He felt his wig slip off and suddenly, he felt lighter. Even in complete agony, he still managed to get up and limp to the curtains. Just in time, the lock of his room was shot open and the criminals rushed in, guns in hand, walking into complete darkness. They tried to turn on the light but they didn't work.

"Are you in here?" one shouted into the room. "If you come out and kneel in front of us right now, we will give you a quick death."

The other man opened his flashlight and walked around with his gun held up. He flashed it around on the ground and saw Youngsaeng's shoes.

"Found you," he said and started to slowly move the light up.

Youngsaeng smirked and looked at them. "Shouldn't you two be the ones running away? There are police men coming to the hotel now and you will not be allowed out of this hotel. Even if you try to exit, you will be labelled as a suspect and will be persecuted. It will quite obvious that you will be guilty of trying to assassinate the heir of the Everday company, right?"

Sure enough, just as Youngsaeng had said, they could hear sirens from the distance, quickly getting closer to the hotel. Youngsaeng spotted a spot in the sky moving away from the hotel. The helicopter had finally gotten Kyujong and Hyunjoong away. The two men stepped back and glared at Youngsaeng.

"You're not even that damned heir," one of them sneered.

The two turned to leave but at the doorway, one of them dropped a small bomb and Youngsaeng saw. It was the type that would explode a few seconds after being lit. Youngsaeng looked out the window.

'It's sink or swim,' he thought.

The bomb exploded, causing even the two rooms on each side of it to also turn into ashes. A huge explosion that would turn anyone to dust right at the touch. It was terrifying for all five senses.

Many of the police men hurried into the hotel to find the criminals for causing the explosion and any witnesses or victims. Little did they know that the victims were safe and sound and the criminals were running, but the only one who knew what was going on had probably died in the explosion.