Inevitable

Fated to Meet You

Youngsaeng's eyes widened. "What do you mean? Joongie, I'm sure she can do something about this! Your mother didn't even consult you about this engagement. You're not obligated to agree to it."

Hyunjoong shook his head. "During the time I was here... The fact that I wasn't staying at home was because I was escaping from her. Escaping from what was reality. I despise her from the bottom of my soul, but I can't do anything to stop it. I'm slowly realizing that I'm completely powerless against her, no matter if I have my sister on my side or not."

"That's not true--"

"It is, Otter," interrupted the older boy, his eyes filled with sorrow and despair. "And this will save you, too."

Youngsaeng furrowed his eyebrows. "How?"

"Uee is probably going back home to tell her father that you argued with her," explained Hyunjoong. "Her father can do anything. Because of what you said to her, they might just tear this whole house apart and leave you without shelter... They're going to continue to assault you until we do what they want. If I move out and agree to this, her father may overlook it."

"Joongie! I don't care if they tear my house down!" exclaimed Youngsaeng as a tear slowly trickled down his cheek. "There's no way I'm letting go of you. You know how important you are to me. I definitely do it!"

"You have to and I must accept it," Hyunjoong murmured, bringing Youngsaeng close to him. "I love you, Youngsaeng... I really love you... But I don't want my mother to hurt you anymore than she did. She only hurting you because of me."

"But without you, I'm going to hurt even more! Don't do this--"

"Without me, you can carry on with your life!"

Youngsaeng froze with shock. "N-no... That's not true..."

"I'm holding you back, Youngsaeng," shouted Hyunjoong, trying to hold back his own tears. His hand were clenched tightly into fists until they shook. "Without me here, you can rise up more. I'm pulling you down..."

"You're not, Hyunjoong," Youngsaeng insisted, shaking his head frantically. "Please don't leave me... I don't want you to leave. I knew there was something wrong when I suddenly lost that bracelet and didn't even realize until this morning. Please!"

The otter looked at his boyfriend to find some kind of response that Hyunjoong was going to leave but the only thing he found was guilt and regret. With shaking legs, he turned and dashed up the stairs, leaving Hyunjoong.

Once he heard the sound of a door slamming shut upstairs, Hyunjoong collapsed to the ground, tears pouring out. "I love you... I love you so much... I don't want this either..."

He noticed a whimper and looked up to see a blurry vision of Hachi sitting in front of him, his tail swishing on the ground. Without thinking, he hugged the dog tightly. "Take care of him for me, okay? Don't let him feel alone... Watch over him."

His answer was another whimper. He wiped his eyes and grabbed his phone, dialling his mother's number.

"Yeobeoseyo? Hyunjoong? I'm sure you've already heard from Uee--"

Hyunjoong stood up after patting the dog on the head. He sniffled before talking strongly into the phone. "If I do this, you have to promise me that nothing will happen to Youngsaeng."

He could hear the woman chuckle. "Of course, my dear son. Are you finally breaking up with him and agreeing to the engagement I set for you? Uee is a pretty girl, isn't she? She's kind and beautiful, and the daughter of such a rich and powerful man. You should be glad to be engaged with someone like her. I guarantee you'll grow to like her."

"I will never. You'd better be sure that nothing will happen to Youngsaeng."

"Nothing will happen to him as long as you never see him again. I have already transferred you to another school far away from your current one. Uee-ssi also attends that highschool and I've put you two in the same classes. You'll get to know her that way," his mother said. "You will be sent to school by car every morning with Uee, so you have no need to worry."

Hyunjoong bit his bottom lip. There was actually no chance of him seeing Youngsaeng again like this. How was he going to stand it? He took a deep breath before nodding. "Yeah, okay."

"Alright then~" his mother sang cheerfully into the phone. "I'll pick you up in an hour. Pack your stuff up and be ready to leave."

"Wait."

"Yes?"

The boy stopped himself and shook his head. "Never mind. Bye." With that, he hung up and grit his teeth, regretting the fact that he had called his mother so early. He wanted to let her know before Uee informed her dad about Youngsaeng's refusal, but he hadn't thought about the fact that his mother could transfer him to a different school with a snap of her finger. In an hour, his mother would be coming to pick him up and expect him to have all his belongings packed up. And within that hour, he would have to find a way to see Youngsaeng again one last time.