The Party: Part 2

Fated to Meet You

In his new outfit, Youngsaeng stepped into the grand hotel, grasping tightly onto Hyunjoong's hand for support. Hyungjun trailed behind Youngsaeng, carrying a bag containing Youngsaeng's runners with Jungmin beside him. Kyujong walked beside Hyunjoong.

"Wow, your hotels are as magnificent as always," Kyujong praised with a grin.

Jungmin snickered. "Hey, this is Hyunjoong's mom we're talking about. Always the best for the customers."

Youngsaeng gazed around, letting his eyes flit from wall to wall. He had never been in such a shining building before. It was brand new with polished marble floors, high ceilings, chandeliers and smooth, clean walls. The thick poles had dragon designs carved onto them, with the creature twirled around, much like the Chinese traditional dragons.

"So Youngsaeng, what do you think?" Hyunjoong asked his fake girlfriend.

"This place is amazing..." Youngsaeng murmured in shock. "How long did it take to build this?"

Hyunjoong smirked proudly. "Well... Not long actually. Only about 5 months."

"5 months?!" Youngsaeng exclaimed in surprise. "Usually, even a house would take about 8 months."

Kyujong and Jungmin grinned and rolled their eyes. Kyujong fell back in step to walk with Jungmin.

"Showing off as usual," Kyujong murmured into Jungmin's ear.

The horse nodded in agreement. "He's like that, especially in front of someone he likes."

"Do you know what's strange?" Kyujong questioned Jungmin. "Usually, if hyung likes someone, he directly tells them. I wonder why he's hesitating now. He's actually trying to hide his feelings away. Isn't that funny?"

Jungmin shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not. Not everyone's perfect."

They arrived at a giant dinner area, a stage all the way across against the wall. Tables were set up, the chairs were neatly tucked in, guests fluttered around, butlers with trays of drinks and snacks were walking around, offering refreshments to the visitors.

"Wahhh..." Youngsaeng whispered. "Just splendid... How do you afford all this?"

Hyunjoong smiled. "Come on, it's almost time for the introduction to start. Let's go get a seat."

They nodded and walked across the room. Choosing a table near the stage, they sat down and took off their jackets, except Youngsaeng, who refused to show the top of his dress.

"It's going to be awkward if you don't take that jacket off," Kyujong insisted. "You really should."

Youngsaeng shook his head violently, causing his hair to swoosh about. "No, I'm not going to. I'm definitely not going to."

"Anyways, if my mom comes, she might realize that Youngsaeng is a boy," Hyunjoong cut in and sure enough, right after he said that, a female voice came from behind them.

"Eo? Hyunjoong. Here already?"

They whipped around to see Hyunjoong's mother standing over them with a sweet smile. She sat down on an empty chair and greeted Youngsaeng. "Annyeonghaseyo Youngmi, how are you?"

"Eo, I'm good," Youngsaeng replied quietly, with a slight nod in the head to represent a bow.

Hyungjun looked at Jungmin to be filled in as to why Youngsaeng was being called Youngmi. Jungmin leaned over to the boy and whispered, "Youngmi is Youngsaeng's girl name, since he is Hyunjoong's girlfriend right now."

"Eo? Who's that beside you, Youngmi?" Hyunjoong's mother asked, gesturing towards Hyungjun.

"Ah! This is Youngmi's friend," Jungmin answered for the girl in the group. "He came along because Youngmi felt insecure."

"Felt insecure even with Hyunjoong here?"

"Eo, neh," Hyunjoong answered. "Youngmi was kind of worried about her appearance and wanted someone she knew very well to be with her. Hyungjun's her childhood friend."

The woman nodded in understanding. "I see... Oh, Hyunjoong, your sister wasn't able to make it today."

"Wae???"

"She's busy and needs to study for exams. Anyways, I'll be going now. Have fun."

With that, Hyunjoong's mother got up and elegantly left the table.

"Hyung, you have a sister?" Youngsaeng murmured curiously.

"Ah, neh... She's my step-sister," Hyunjoong explained quietly.

"How old is she now?" Jungmin questioned.

"She's... I think she's 20 years old."

"Is she still as beautiful as before?" Kyujong interrogated with a grin.

"I haven't seen her a while, honestly."

"Your step-sister's really pretty?" Youngsaeng asked in surprise.

Hyunjoong shrugged. "I haven't seen her in a long time. Almost three years. I have no idea. I was hoping to get to meet her again today but I guess she can't make it."

"Why can't you just go and see her?"

"I can't find her. It's strange but whenever I go to her place, she's always on a shopping trip or something. She's never home."

"Hyung," Youngsaeng started. "I need to go use the washroom..."

"But the introduction is about to start," Hyunjoong protested.

Youngsaeng clapped his head together along with a pout and puppy eyes. "Please... I really need to. I'll be back fast."

Hyunjoong sighed. "Okay then. Hurry though."

The younger boy nodded and quickly got up, heading for the exit. Once outside, he asked around for the washroom.

"Excuse me, mister," he started. "Do you know where the washroom is?"

"Down the hall, turn left, and then turn right at the first corner."

"Thank you very much!" he exclaimed and hurried off.

He got to the washroom but then realized that the man had directed him to the women's washroom. What was he supposed to do now? He was a man but he was in a dress... He was a man so he had to go to the men's washroom.

It was easy finding his way to the men's washroom since it was just the left turn at the first corner. He quickly finished his "business" and hurried out just in case a man would suddenly walk in but there was no one. Catching his breath, he walked down the hallway but then 10 minutes later, he felt something was wrong. This hallway was way longer than the first time he had walked it to find the washroom.

'Where am I?' he frantically thought and started to run, wobbling on his heels.

He searched the halls for any sign for familarity but there was none. All the corridors looked the same. He had no idea where he was. He was lost... All of a sudden, he heard a couple of male voices down the hall and walked as fast he could without twisting his ankle towards the voices.

Suddenly, he heard them say, "And the heir of the Kim family will definitely die."

The heir of the Kim family. The Kim family. The owner of the hotel was Hyunjoong's mom and their surnames were Kim. The heir was Hyunjoong. A assassination plan.

Youngsaeng pressed his back against the wall and inched closer to listen to their conversation. Trying to eavesdrop.

"After the party, we can start the hunt," one of the men said with enthusiasm. "He will probably be with his friends. We can also kill them there."

"But what if we get caught?"

"Even if we do, our vengeance will still be successful. The Kim family betrayed us and our families. What's the harm if we take away that evil woman's precious son?"

Youngsaeng bit his bottom lip, gulping a glob of nervousness down his throat as cold sweat started to drip. What were they trying to do? What had Hyunjoong's mother done to betray them? Was it Hyunjoong they really wanted to kill?

"What was his name?" the other man asked.

"I think it was... Kim... Hyun..." the man replied, fading off as he tried to remember.

Youngsaeng gulped, closing his eyes shut and shaking, hoping that the name wasn't Hyunjoong.

"Oh! I remember! Kim Hyunjoong!"

He bolted.

The two men heard the slight noise of footsteps fading down the hall and zipped out of their corner, seeing the hem of Youngsaeng's dress turn the corner.

"After her! She must've heard our conversation," one of the men shouted and they ran, chasing after Youngsaeng.

But when they turned the corner, he was nowhere in sight. Disappeared without a trace.

Youngsaeng crouched in the corner of the washroom, too scared to even breathe. He could hear the outside clearly as the men walked past the door. He saw the shadow of their footsteps slowly pass the door. *Click* He gasped slightly when he heard that sound. They were carrying guns.

Now frantic, he waited until he couldn't hear their footsteps any longer and then poked his head out the door. They were gone. No sight of them. He crept out the door and looked around. Finally, he felt like this place was familiar. He had somehow gotten back to his starting point after running.

The otter dashed down the hall and made his way back to the giant courtyard where he and the others had first entered. It had already been almost two hours since the introduction had ended. Sweating and panting, he stealthily slipped through the door and rushed to the table where they had been sitting.

By the time Youngsaeng to there, he saw that Kyujong and Hyunjoong weren't there. Everyone was up and about. Jungmin and Hyungjun was sitting there, with Jungmin comforting Hyungjun for some reason he didn't know. He quickly went up to them and got their attention by slamming his hands on the table. The two looked up. Hyungjun had been crying as his eyes were red and swollen.

"Ya! Where the hell were you?" Jungmin shouted in annoyance. "Hyungjun was so damn worried about you. Hyunjoong hyung and Kyujong hyung went out to even look for you."

Youngsaeng heard his words. They had went out to look for him... Hyunjoong and Kyujong.

 

"He will probably be with his friends..."

"We can also kill them there..."

Kill

Kill

Kill

*Click*

 

Youngsaeng's eyes widened as he remembered the conversation.

"I'm sorry Hyungjun for causing you to worry," Youngsaeng quickly apologized and then turned to Jungmin. "Give me Hyunjoong's mother's phone number, right now."

"What? Why?"

"Just do it."

Jungmin took out his phone and searched his contacts. He, then, handed the phone over to Youngsaeng and the older boy copied it down onto his phone. Youngsaeng handed it back to Jungmin and began calling.

"Jungmin," he urgently started. "Get yours and Hyungjun's butts out of here! Now! There's no time to explain but we have no time to lose either. Take a taxi and get out of this hotel."

"Wait, Youngsaeng. Tell me what's happening."

Youngsaeng turned and looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. "This place is soon, going to turn into a danger zone. Just go! And immediately!"

He took his runners and threw his heels off, slipping his runners on. He dashed away, leaving Jungmin to take care of Hyungjun.