Honor Students

Fated to Meet You

After everyone had settled in, Mr. Song, the principal, came out of the curtains and onto the podium.

"Greeting all the students of Seoul Elite Highschool Academy," Mr. Song's boomed in the microphone. "Through the past years, students have been continuously accomplishing many achievements and we are proud of them, proud of everyone here because of these achievements. I've become friends with many of the students and even I have had favorites sometimes. The past years have been especially fun for me because of these students. I would like to welcome one of them to come up here and welcome everyone back. Please welcome, Heo Youngsaeng."

Everyone clapped and cheered for Youngsaeng as he bowed and walked to the podium.

"Thank you, Mr. Song," he began and took a deep breath. "Annyeonghaseyo, as many of you know, my name is Heo Youngsaeng. I am deeply honored to be this year's top student and have been given the chance to speak in front of everyone here to represent the voices of the staff. I would like to welcome the freshmen whom were able to enter this school. This school is an ideal school for, not only learning, but sports and fun. I was especially surprised when I found out that these year's 1A class was also going to be the Student Council," he said with a forced laugh. As he spoke, his eyes began flickering around from one place to another in the audience, trying to see if Hyunjoong was there. Where is he? He's in class... 2B... That means probably near the front... Where-- Oh! I found him!

Hyunjoong looked around him. Every single person in the room had their eyes on the dazzling boy standing on stage, speaking. All the girls looked like they were about to drool as did the boys. Youngsaeng was beautiful, especially with the dyed brown hair and the white uniform. So entranced by the otter that he forgot to listen. Suddenly, everyone began cheering loudly and he snapped out of his thoughts, startled.

"What just happened?" he asked Jungmin curiously, totally confused.

Jungmin seemed kind of out of it, too. "I... Have no idea... I'm lost right now."

"So I hope you guys wish me good luck," Youngsaeng continued with a smile. "I'll make this year as fun as possible so that you guys have something to look forward to. I will also work hard to get to my dream. Hwaiting!"

All the students stood up, clapping and screaming enthusiastically, all the teachers smiling at Youngsaeng's speech. He wasn't smiling much and seemed to be fidgeting. Hyunjoong smiled. Thank goodness... He's still the same shy otter like before. The performance helped him a bit but he's still himself.

After the assembly, the cow saw Youngsaeng jump off the stage and hurry over to the other 6 honor students, taking deep breaths in relief that it was over. Everyone rushed out of the stadium and to their own classrooms, eagerly waiting for the 7 special 1A students to visit their classrooms.

Hyunjoong stuck with Jungmin, who was as confused as Hyunjoong as to why everyone had suddenly cheered in the middle of Youngsaeng's speech. They settled down in their classroom. Hyunjoong thought about all the classes in front of him. 1A had to finish 1B and 2A first before getting to his classroom. After his class would come 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B and on all the way to 9B. The classes were ranked so Hyunjoong's and Jungmin's placements were considered high.

"Which class is Kyujong and Hyungjun in?" Hyunjoong asked Jungmin.

"Hyungjun is in 1B and Kyujong is in... I think it was 3B," Jungmin answered.

"Wow, Hyungjun's in 1B? That's really high," the older boy praised.

"I asked him about it and he said that he was always chasing after Youngsaeng hyung, always trying to surpass him but was never able to," Jungmin responded with a sigh. "I can see why now. Youngsaeng hyung can really do anything if he wanted to. Now, he's even the president."

"Did you know that he was the one performing at SS501's One and Only concert on Valentine's Day?"

"Yeah, you told me. That was the day of the car accident," Jungmin reminded him. "And that day you forcefully kissed him."

Hyunjoong huffed as he ruffled his hair. "Don't remind me think of that. It really pisses me off when I think of it. Were you watching?"

"Yeah, Hyungjun invited me since he said Youngsaeng didn't want to go. Who knew that it was because Youngsaeng was going to be performing. Really, Youngsaeng and YS really look exactly the same. I never even knew they had switched places."

"Hey, keep this a secret but I bought the concert CD," Hyunjoong murmured with a playful grin.

"Eh? Why are you keeping it a secret?" Jungmin whispered.

"Youngsaeng didn't want me to buy it but I bought it anyway. Come on, he was the one performing. Of course I had to buy it."

"Did you watch it yet?"

"I watched the YS version. It's the one from where the camera was focused only on Youngsaeng," Hyunjoong told Jungmin excitedly, clapping his hands together. "Want to go to my house and watch it sometime?"

"Uh... No thanks..." Jungmin responded awkardly, leaning back a little.

"Attention class!" Mr. Bong exclaimed, slamming his hands onto the blackboard.

The whole class watched screamed and cheered when the 7 boys filed in in their order, Youngsaeng being first. They bowed and smiled, waving as if idols. They were the idols of the school. Good looks, good brains, good leadership, the ideal honor students.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am 1st place, Heo Youngsaeng, nice to meet you," Youngsaeng greeted quietly, bowing politely. He could feel his gaze immediately land on Hyunjoong, whom was sitting near the back.

"Annyeonghaseyo," the blonde haired boy greeted with a little bit of a stutter. "I'm Jo Youngmin. 2nd place."

"I'm Jo Kwangmin," the twin of the blondie introduced himself softly. He was hugging a Pikachu plushie. "I'm the younger twin of Youngmin. I'm 3rd place. Annyeonghaseyo."

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Shim Hyunseong. I am... 4th place."

"I'm 5th, Kim Donghyun, annyeonghaseyo."

"Annyeong~" a cute boy said, waving happily, his cheeks pink. "I'm 6th place and my name is No Minwoo."

"I'm Lee Jeongmin, 7th place, annyeonghaseyo," the last boy greeted with a bow.

"We'll be your Student Council this year," Youngsaeng announced to everyone. "So feel free to come to us at our room 1A to give us a few suggestions on activities and events to be held in the school."

"After events, please stop by and tell us what you thought about it. If we aren't in the room, there will be a box on a counter outside the door to put notes in. Feel free to use that. We will make sure to check it regularly and try to respond to your requests," Donghyun continued for the president, knowing that he didn't like to speak much.

"Also, if you wish, you are welcome to write your names on it," Minwoo added with Youngsaeng nodding in agreement. "If we like your suggestion or comment, it would be easier to find you."

Youngsaeng turned to the teacher. "We're finished."

Mr. Bong turned to the class. "Okay, any questions?"

A few students raised their hands. Mr. Bong chose a girl near the back. "What's your question?"

"Youngsaeng oppa, do you have a girlfriend?" the girl asked curiously.

The boy was taken aback by the question. It was not what he had expected. Hyunjoong looked worriedly at the boy, biting the inside of his bottom lip. What's he going to say? What's he going to say? The otter didn't know how to answer. "W-well..."

"It's okay, Youngsaeng-ssi, you don't have to answer that question," Mr. Bong told him and then glared at the girl. "Don't go asking those questions. I told you to be respectful! They are your Student Council now. Their private lives do not concern you. They do not concern ANY of you, understand?"

The whole class nodded quickly and the hands went down. Youngsaeng bowed gratefully to the teacher. "Thank you very much. You saved me there."

"It's not a problem," Mr. Bong assured. "Go to the next class now. They're waiting."

All of the 7 bowed. "Okay, we're leaving now. Annyeong!"

The class clapped and whistled, excitedly saying bye to them and blowing kisses. Youngsaeng leaned onto the wall in exhaustion when he stepped outside. "May I ask, how many more classes do we have to visit?"

"Ummm... I think about 14..." Donghyun told him.

"Oh, okay. Thanks."