Acceptance

Fated to Meet You

Youngsaeng, being the President, carried out his responsibilities well and near the end of May, there was an assembly held by the principal just to see how the students were doing, to check up on them.

The 1A students sat at the side while the rest of the students crowded in the seats of the stadium. Youngsaeng had to go up to the podium to speak again, this time having to improvise because the principal had not given him a beforehand warning.

"We've gotten many positive comments about the festivities and activities the Student Council has planned out," Youngsaeng said into the microphone, feeling as if his voice was shaking but no one reacted it, meaning that it sounded fine to them. He took a breath and carried on, his hands trembling as they pressed on the podium's cold wooden surface. "We had tried out best to carry out the student's requests such as dressing up as girls, which was a request from many of the girls and boys in the school. The other members have worked hard. I didn't really do anything. I only watched over them but that was about it so don't thank me, thank them."

The speech went on until Youngsaeng had said everything he could think of and stepped off the podium. He walked over to the principal and whispered something to him. The man seemed to agree as the prince walked over to the side to join the others, his legs shaky.

Hyunjoong watched from the audience, looking amused that the President was still nervous of public speaking even though he had done it so many times. Jungmin let out a breath and felt slightly sleepy once the speeches went on and on from the teachers and finally went back to the principal an hour later.

"Now, Youngsaeng has requested for the podium once again to announce something," the principal said as everyone cheered. "Oh, I wonder what it's going to be this time."

The anticipation rose as the President of the SC stepped up on the podium and thanks the principal. He took a deep breath and bit his bottom lip. "This is going to shock all the teachers and Mr. Song, for sure and all of you, including all my friends."

Hyunjoong furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Harry. "Did he say anything to you?" he whispered.

The boy shook his head, also confused as he stared at the boy on the stage. Youngsaeng swallowed nervously as he bit the inside of his bottom lip. "Well... I don't really know how to say this so I'm going to be blunt. I'm in a relationship with a boy."

He heard the teachers from around him gasp and many of the students below him did the same thing. Hyunjoong's eyes widened as he whipped around and began shaking Jungmin by the shoulders in panic, his thoughts going crazy. "What am I going to do?" he hissed frantically.

"Don't ask me!" Jungmin snapped quietly back. "And stop shaking me! It's distracting others."

Hyunjoong ruffled his hair, looking at Youngsaeng, who was gazing directly at him. Two of the teachers stood up to speak but the principal stopped them, gesturing for Youngsaeng to continue speaking. The boy inhaled to try to calm his nerves. "We've been going out ever since the beginning of the year, even before this year. I've wanted to tell all you this for a long time but never had the courage to. After thinking for a long time at home while I was sick, I realized that I couldn't keep hiding it so..."

There was a silence before one of the girls cheered and the many others followed along, followed by even more and it quickly accelerated into the whole school cheering. The pounding hearts in the eerie pause had stopped and it was replaced by loud squeals and cheers of encouragement. Hyunjoong could only sit there in shock, unable to register into his brain what was going on. Jungmin shook him but he didn't reply, his eyes glued to the stage at Youngsaeng, who was smiling in relief. Harry and Jungmin looked at each other and both began shaking Hyunjoong until he snapped out of his trance. 

"What... What just happened...?" Hyunjoong asked them, still not able to believe what had just happened.

Youngsaeng had already thanked everybody and hopped off the stage, hugging the others in happiness. Finally, his heart calmed down and he could feel more at ease, not needing to hide his relationship like before anymore.

At lunch, Hyunjoong threw himself onto the prince, who was resting on the couch. nuzzling the boy in the neck. Youngmin went over to the President, holding a few notes.

"Many of the students are asking who you're dating now," the blondie informed. "Do you plan to tell them?"

Youngsaeng looked at Hyunjoong was still grinning foolishly to himself as he hugged the latter tightly. "Do you want to?"

Hyunjoong didn't reply. The otter sighed and shook his head. "I don't think so."

"President! President!" Minwoo suddenly exclaimed. "Look at this!"

Youngsaeng got up, startling Hyunjoong and walked over to the table where Minwoo was. The boy showed him a note:

Ew... A gay like you doesn't deserve to be president. You don't even do anything. I bet you bribed the principal in letting you become president. Resign.

The otter sighed. "I knew this would happen..."

"Should you have just kept it a secret?" Hyunseong questioned.

"There's no use thinking about that. I want to find these people and see what they want," Youngsaeng said as he took the note from Minwoo and looked at the back. "No names, huh. Such cowards." The other students were quite startled at the President's choice for words. They twitched when they saw a smirk on the boy's face. "Let's see what they do next."

Hyunjoong was also quite surprised. That was ony the second time he had seen a smirk from Youngsaeng, not including the times from the concert. Not holding back, he kissed the latter. The boy flinched in surprise but then smiled in the kiss, returning it. The other students blushed. A few looked away, a few just stared. Before Hyunjoong could stick his tongue in though, Youngsaeng broke away. "Not now."

The older boy pouted. "Why...?"

"It's inappropriate at school," the boy remarked and pulled away from the latter's hug. "Anyways, I'm interested in finding who sent this note."

Hyunjoong read it and glared. "They're threatening you?"

Youngsaeng chuckled icily as he whispered to himself. "So this is how they want to play the game... Bring it on."