Found Out

Fated to Meet You

"Wow... Your house is magnificent..." YS gushed in awe, looking around at the shining marble floor and the majestic dome-like high ceilings.

"Everytime you come to my house you say that," Hyunjoong sighed, shaking his head. "Don't you ever get used to it? I kind of like your house better now."

"How can you like my small house? Your house is giant!"

"That's why I don't like it. Oh, noona!" the older boy exclaimed, bowing quickly. "Anneonghaseyo."

YS followed, also bowing down. "Annyeonghaseyo Eunmi noona!"

Eunmi saw the young boy and furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Youngsaeng usually doesn't greet me like this. He runs up to me most of the time with a big smile. Why does he seem so stiff? That's strange...

The two noticed that the older girl was staring at the younger boy.

Hyunjoong quickly waved his hand in front of her face. "Noona? What's wrong?"

She snapped out of her thoughts. "No, it's nothing. I was just thinking that Youngsaeng looked extra cute today," she praised with a bright smile. "I wonder why."

"Yeah, Otter always looks cute," Hyunjoong squeaked happily, hugging the boy tightly. YS smiled as the older girl looked at him. She grinned. "Why don't we have go have a few snacks in the kitchen."

"Ah, neh!" YS exclaimed, hurrying after the girl along with the older boy.

At the table, Eunmi brought out a tray of red bean soup, a traditional dessert. She handed the bowls out, giving one to her brother first and then one to YS as she carefully watched his movements. If this is actually Youngsaeng, he would take the bowl and bow while saying thank you.

YS took the bowl. "Gangsahamnida~" He didn't bow.

She narrowed her eyes as she sat down with her bowl of soup. This isn't Youngsaeng. If he isn't, then who is he and where is the real Youngsaeng? What's this guy doing here and what's his business?

"Noona," Hyunjoong began. "You seem quite serious today. Is there something on your mind?"

She smiled. "No, no, of course not. I actually just got an offer and I'm thinking about if I should accept it." It's true. I did get an offer. But that's not what the problem is here. Does Hyunjoong really not know that the boy that is with him isn't his real boyfriend?

Eunmi stood up suddenly. YS and Hyunjoong looked up at her. "I'm going to the washroom."

From the corner of YS' eyes, he saw her gesturing for him to follow her as she started towards the bathroom. 

A minute later, YS also stood up. "Sorry hyung, I also need to use the bathroom right now."

"Oh, you can use the one upstairs. Noona is using that one right now," the older boy suggested.

"No, I think she should be done soon. Thanks anyway."

The boy walked to the washroom and saw the older girl leaning on the wall with her arms crossed, waiting for him. Her eyes quite annoyed, her lips in a tut line.

"Eunmi noona...?" YS stuttered quietly. "Wh-what did you want to talk about?"

"Who are you?" she asked directly, standing up and facing him.

"What do you mean? I'm Youngsaeng," he told her. "Your childhood friend."

"You're not Youngsaeng," she hissed in annoyance. "Your personality is totally different from his. He usually greets me with a hug and smile. You greeted me with a bow and you seemed unusually nervous. When Hyunjoong hugged you, you only smiled. Youngsaeng is a shy and quiet person. He would've looked down or turned away. Also, Youngsaeng always bows when saying thank you. You didn't."

"I--"

Eunmi glared at her. "Let me ask you again. Who are you?"

YS sighed. "Aish... I'm YS from SS501, annyeonghaseyo," he introduced himself formally. "Please don't tell Hyunjoong."

"How can I not tell him? Youngsaeng's his boyfriend. Hyunjoong loves Youngsaeng, not you! I don't even know how he didn't notice! It's so obvious!"

"Youngsaeng and I traded spots almost two months ago," he explained softly so that Hyunjoong wouldn't hear from the dining room. "The manager got us mixed up and took him back instead of me. Youngsaeng is now the idol and I'm now a normal student."

"Are you going to stay like that forever?"

YS shook his head. "No, of course not. After the concert, we're going to switch back places."

"Concert...? Youngsaeng's going to perform? He's going to sing and dance?" the older girl gasped. "How about his knee? He can't dance for a long time with that knee of us."

"He told me about it but he says he can do it. When he says that, he can," YS assured. "Please, don't tell Hyunjoong about this."

The older girl huffed. "Fine, I won't tell him. Give me your phone number."

"Eh? Why?"

"Just in case something happens to Youngsaeng, I'm blaming you."

"What? Why?"

"You're the one that caused all this to happen. You'll be the one that has to pay. Now give me your phone number."

YS sighed and told her his cell number as she typed it into her phone. "Okay, I'll go back first. You can go back a few minutes later."

The idol nodded and as she left, he let out a breath. Oh my god... Just how did she find out...? I know that Youngsaeng and her are close but that's super close if she can pick out every single detail.

Later, he went back to the table and sat down. He felt the girl's gaze on him but he ignored it and finished drinking the red bean soup.

"Noona, where's eomma?" Hyunjoong asked his stepsister.

"You know her. If Youngsaeng's here, she never appears," Eunmi replied.

"Does she still not accept our relationship?" the boy asked worriedly. "Why...?"

"She doesn't like anyone who doesn't have nearly as much as she does," the older girl said. "Not to mention, she wanted you to build a relationship with a girl, not a guy."

"Is dating a guy forbidden?" YS cut in.

"No, of course not," Eunmi responded in surprise. "His mother wants the ideal type of couple. I must admit, you and Hyunjoong are nowhere near ideal but you two are perfect."

"Aren't ideal and perfect basically the same?" her brother asked.

"No, of course not. They're completely different."

"So, noona, did you want to talk about something with us to call us home?" Hyunjoong questioned curiously.

Eunmi looked up at him in surprise. "No, of course not. I just wanted to see my dear Youngsaeng but... now that I've already seen him. You two are free to go."

YS felt a guilty pit in his stomach. I'm sure Youngsaeng also would've loved to see this girl again. The one she wanted to see and talk to was Youngsaeng, not me...

As the couple was exiting the house, YS turned back and waved. "Eunmi noona! Good luck on offer!"

She brightened. "Thanks." Hmm? Maybe YS isn't that bad of a person after all. He remembered that I said I had an offer. Good job.