Last Moment

Fated to Meet You

Taking a deep breath, Hyunjoong knocked on Youngsaeng's door. There was no answer. He had expected this; the reason was obvious.

"Otter..." Hyunjoong started slowly. "Please, open the door." Still, there was silence. The older boy knocked again. "I really need to see you. My mother... She's coming in an hour."

"Leave me alone."

"Please, I need to see you again. I'm sorry, I can't even express my feelings right now. My mom... She has already transferred me into another school and she's making sure that I will never see you again. One last time... Please."

"Why... did you agree to this? You didn't have to do it..."

"I did have to," said Hyunjoong. "Youngsaeng, let me talk to you face to face. Open the door for me, arasseo?"

He jolted when he heard a click and the door slowly opened to reveal Youngsaeng with swollen blood-shot eyes. Hyunjoong immediately hugged him tightly and sat down together with him on the bed, inhaling Youngsaeng's scent.

"You said you wanted to talk," Youngsaeng muttered. "What is there to talk about?"

"I love you, Otter," whispered Hyunjoong into the latter's ear. "I love you so much... You're my life and that's why, I have to do this. I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want you to always be the one punished for my crimes. Everything that has happened to you is my fault. Everything."

Youngsaeng shook his head, tears dripping down again. "No... Everything that has happened to me is a treasured memory. Everything. The explosion, the dates, all the days we spent together. I agree that it's your fault, but I loved every moment of it."

Hyunjoong's heart ached and his chest squeezed painfully. He leaned over and gently connected their lips. He pushed the latter down onto the bed and kissed him like there was no tomorrow. Truly, there was no tomorrow to him. In an hour, his mother would be here and he would have to leave and never see this lovable boy again. He would never be able to hold him, to study with him, to do everything he loved to do. Even Hachi had become a big part of him.

Tears rushed down his cheeks like two tiny waterfalls. Youngsaeng returned the urgent kisses, bringing Hyunjoong closer. Their hearts connected as they both shed tears and felt the deep, fond love for each other. The beating of their hearts were the same, and the rhythm of their bodies matched.

"Why are you giving so easily?" Youngsaeng murmured. "We can fight back, Joongie..."

"Otter, I know this man inside out," said Hyunjoong. "Everyone knows about him. I'm sure you know him."

The latter nodded. Hyunjoong sighed. "My father used to be financial partners with that man and I met him many times, observing his movements and such... The amount of power he possesses is unbelievable. It was many more times than my father's, and he was already famous enough."

"Joongie, we can definitely find a way. We found a way before and we can do it again," Youngsaeng tried to persuade. "I don't want you to leave me... Please."

Hyunjoong smirked sorrowfully. "Usually, it would be me begging you... You have no idea how much I want to stay, it makes me hurt just thinking about you leaving me for America. But by the time we do find a way, it'll be too late. That man sees his daughter as the queen and no one has the guts to disobey her. I witnessed it myself. A friend of mine rejected her and his father got fired; they had to leave. This might happen to you, too. He may not target you, but your aunt, too."

"But if we can talk to them, we can surely make them understand."

The older boy shook his head before lowering himself and pecking Youngsaeng on the lips. "It's impossible. Our only way of apology is for me to accept the engagement. That way, he'll leave your family alone."

"If you are going to do this, then forget about me," murmured Youngsaeng to the older boy with a sad smile. "Forget all about me and go on with your life together with Uee-ssi, arasseo?"

Hyunjoong brought Youngsaeng closer to his body. "There's no way I'll ever forget you. I will never, in all the seconds of my life, forget about you."

The prince chuckled softly. "Perhaps you're wrong... At one point, you'll decide that it's impossible to see me again and then move on. Slowly, the memories will fade. They won't stay forever."

"If you're in it, they will," whispered Hyunjoong. He heard a honk from outside the house and he knew his time was up. With an aching chest, he kissed Youngsaeng again. "I love you..."

Youngsaeng smiled regretfully. "I guess this is good bye. Go now, your mom is waiting, isn't she?"

"Young--"

"You decided this so you'd better carry out your decision," the otter prince said as he sat up and hugged Hyunjoong before taking the older boy's arm. "Now go, she's waiting. Don't want to keep her waiting, right? Or else they might tear down my house and fire my aunt."

Hyunjoong looked at Youngsaeng, knowing that the boy was forcing himself to smile and to laugh, to act as if he were fine. Hyunjoong nodded before standing up. "Yeah... Bye Youngsaeng..."

Youngsaeng smiled as he stuck a hand out. "It's been fun."

Holding back his tears, Hyunjoong nodded and took Youngsaeng's hand, shaking it. Not being able to restrain himself, he threw his arms around the younger boy and hugged him tightly. "I'll love you forever... Even if I'm at Uee's side, she'll only have my body. My heart and mind will always be with you... Don't give up on me, please. I'll come back and find you."

"You won't be able to--" Youngsaeng was cut off when tears dripped out of his eyes and down his cheek. He buried his face into the latter's shoulder. "Stop making me feel weak..."

"Please wait for me, Otter. No matter when, I will be back and we'll stay together forever. I promise you."

Youngsaeng smiled sadly. "That in which you have promised, you must perform."

Hyunjoong released the younger boy when he heard the second honk from the car outside. Hurriedly, he looked outside and grit his teeth to see his mother stepping out of the car.

"Hurry and go, Hyunjoong," urged Youngsaeng as he wiped away his tears. "Go already. Don't make your mother wait."

Before the older boy turned away, Youngsaeng quickly reached up and softly connected their lips; that would be their last. Hyunjoong returned it, hoping that time would freeze, but he knew that it was impossible. "I'll wait for you. I'll definitely wait for you... So you better come back. Don't make me wait long either."

Unconsciously, a tear escaped from the corner from Hyunjoong's right eye as he pulled away and bit his tongue. Hyunjoong's lips trembled as he squeezed Youngsaeng's hand tighter before letting go of it and grinning cheekily. "I won't."

 

 

 

==========================================================================================

Fated to Meet You is coming to an end. Please be prepared for the ending, no matter what it is. Thank you so much for subscribing, commenting, and being patient with my irregular updating. Haha~ See you around.