Life of a Student: Part 1

Fated to Meet You

The next morning, YS woke up to his phone alarm and stretched, yawning shamelessly with his mouth wide open. Rubbing his eyes, he looked at the clock, it was 7:00 in the morning.

He heard a bark from outside the door and slowly toddled over to it, opening the door to see Hachi wagging his tails happily as he jumped on him. YS laughed. "Good morning Hachi. I'll go get breakfast ready."

After breakfast, YS grinned as he looked at Youngsaeng's uniform in the closet. Let's go back to becoming a highschool student again. Changing into the uniform and taking the school bag, he headed out after saying bye to Hachi who had followed him to the door to send him off.

"Youngsaeng hyung!!!" a squeal from behind him and he turned to see a young brunette boy dashing towards him.

Oh shoot. I don't know this guy.

YS smiled anyways. "Annyeong!"

"Hyung, it's almost time for SS501's concert. Are you going?" the boy asked excitedly, his eyes sparkling.

The idol brightened when he heard that this boy was going to his group's concert. "You're going to SS501's concert in February?"

He saw the slightly shorter boy frown. "Of course I am! You know how much I like them!"

YS chuckled. "Of course, of course."

"Hyungjun! Youngsaeng!" another voice shouted.

The two looked back and saw Hyunjoong rushing over to them.

So his name's Hyungjun. I'll remember that.

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Hyungjun greeted with a wide grin.

"Annyeong," YS said laughed. "Great to see you so early in the morning."

Hyunjoong seemed puzzled again. Oh great... Did I make another mistake again? When he saw the older boy go back to a big smile, YS relaxed a little bit and breathed a small sigh.

"Youngsaeng, are you free after school?" his boyfriend asked.

YS thought about how he should answer. If he said yes, people would probably somewhat recognize him and think he was YS. If he said no, then that would lower the risks of meeting anyone else he knew. He chose just to be safe.

Shaking his head, he looked apologetic. "Sorry hyung. I can't... I have a few plans today."

"Plans? What plans?" Hyunjoong echoed.

He thought hard. "Umm... I... have an appointment today so I can't go."

"Appointment? I can send you."

"No, no. It's okay. It's not that far. I can walk on my own."

Shrugging, Hyunjoong nodded. "Okay then."

YS breathed a sigh of relief, closing his eyes to inhale and exhale, calming down his frantic heart. That was close.

When the three got to the school and to the classroom, YS was suddenly surrounded by a bunch of girls and boys along with high pitched squeals and screams.

"Ahh!!! It's Youngsaeng!!!" the girls shrieked in excitement, pushing Hyunjoong and Hyungjun out of the way to get to YS.

Wow. Just how popular is Youngsaeng?

He smiled and waved, causing everyone to cheer in happiness.

"Silence!!!!"

Everyone looked into the classroom to see the teacher tapping his feet impatiently. Hurrying to their desks, YS looked around to see an empty seat and sat there, assuming that it was his seat.

All through the class, he felt gazes of the girls and boys all around him. He was used to it and simply ignored their presences by listening to the teachers. At lunch, before the crowd was able to build up again, Hyunjoong grabbed YS by the hand, dashed out the room and upstairs to the roof.

"What... are we doing here?" YS murmured as the sudden gust of wind blew through his hair and into his face as the door opened.

"We always come here," Hyunjoong told him. "From now on, the roof will be our meeting spot from now on, okay Otter?"

YS nodded hesitantly, wondering why the older boy was calling him Otter. Is Otter a nickname? But... It sounds stupid. Is Youngsaeng fine being called this?

Hyunjoong bought YS lunch that day and sat down beside him. "Otter... You didn't seem as shy this morning than yesterday."

"Oh... Sh-shy?" YS echoed.

"Yesterday, you were scared and began crying when they gathered around you. I had to bring you to the infirmary," Hyunjoong spoke as if reminding him but YS only knew this for the first time.

"No, I remember," YS lied smoothly. "I guess... I got used to them a little bit..."

He heard the older boy hum and then there was a silence. It wasn't an awkard silence. It was a comfortable silence. YS felt warm as he hugged his knees, smiling lightly to hmself. Without warning, he felt something on his shoulder. Turning, he saw Hyunjoong fast asleep, leaning on his shoulder.

Wah... Youngsaeng is really lucky to have a boyfriend like him. I wish I had one in my real life.

YS smiled as he patted Hyunjoong's hair gently, closing his eyes and inhaling deeply.

---------------------------

"Hyunjoong! Hyunjoong hyung!" a voice came from outside his head.

Slowly stirring, he opened his eyes to see Youngsaeng (YS) shaking him gently. "It's time for class. Let's go."

With a slight nod, he absentmindedly stood up, yawning and stretching.

"Did you have a nice nap?" YS asked, smirking.

Hyunjoong stirred again but then nodded with a sweet smile, making YS's heart skip a beat.

When they got back to the classroom, once again, the boys and girls began to gather around YS, admiring him and excited. But there wasn't enough time to stay for long as Mr. Lee walked in and yelled at the whole class to sit down.

---------------------------

After school, as YS was about to leave, he heard a shout from behind him. "Wait for me!"

From the corner of his eye, he saw Hyunjoong hurriedly throwing books into his bag and running to catch up. "Aish, couldn't you have packed up slower?"

YS smiled awkardly. "Mian, mian."

"Oh?" Hyunjoong questioned with a raised eyebrow. "No formal language."

"Oh, jongsanghamnida," YS apologized again. "I wanted to try it out."

"No, it's okay," the older boy murmured sweetly as he wrapped his arms around the otter look-alike. "I like it that way. You can talk informally towards me."

"Eo... neh..."

The two walked to Youngsaeng's house together, chatting happily. YS laughed often and even though it somewhat puzzled Hyunjoong, he didn't mind at all and continued to laugh along with the idol, having no idea what he happened to his "real" boyfriend.