Insecure

Fated to Meet You

Hyunjoong shot up from his seat to see what his lover had screamed at. He gasped when he saw. Youngmin was standing at the stove, looking like he was to cry, and the whole room was full of smoke. Youngsaeng rushed in and opened all the windows, pulling the blondie out. "Hyung! What happened? Why's there smoke everywhere suddenly?"

The boy shook his head, tears beginning to fall. "I don't know... It just suddenly... exploded on me... I don't know what happened..."

Youngsaeng looked up worriedly at the boy and hugged him, his back to calm him. "It's okay Youngmin hyung... I'll do the rest, okay? It's alright, go and change out of that. It's all grey now."

Hyunjoong watched. Ow... My heart's aching now... It really hurts, stings... Seeing him hug someone else. I don't like it. I feel like I'm the only that feels this way. Youngsaeng said to believe in him but how? I forgot how to believe... I forgot how to trust... It's so frightening. I feel like I'm falling alone and he's rising, getting further away from me. I don't know how he feels. Why can't he put it into normal words so I can understand? I don't know what to do anymore...

The otter quickly entered the kitchen again, unplugging the electric plug to stop the stove from smoking out. The windows quickly the smoke out. Well... I just learned a lesson. Never leave someone who's really never cooked something before alone in the kitchen...

After remaking the batter, Youngmin watched with a great amount of concentration as the prince taught him step by step how to make crepe on the round stove, letting him try a little bit but doing most of it. After cooking it, Youngsaeng placed cut bananas and strawberries evenly onto half of the round pancake, putting chocolate sauce on top and then folding it in half, folding it into thirds again. When all of the batter was gone, the President squeezed whip cream onto each of them and then squirted the chocolate sauce quickly from left to right, getting smaller the closer it got to the tip.

"Like that," the boy finished, sighing as he put all the crepe onto the trolley. "Next time that stove explodes on you or whatever happened, make sure to at least unplug it before going into a daze."

Youngmin nodded, feeling somewhat ashamed. "Neh... Jongsahamnida..."

The otter looked at the clock. There was still about 15 minutes until class. He went out of the kitchen after washing his hands and took his apron off. As he headed towards the couches, he noticed a note on the table. He read it:

 

Otter, can you meet me on the roof at lunch today, please? We need to talk...

 

The prince furrowed his eyebrows in confusion but shrugged, putting it carefully into his uniform pocket. He went back to the kitchen. "Youngmin hyung. I have to go somewhere at lunch so you guys will have to eat in the canteen today."

"Oh, sure," Youngmin answered as he took his apron off, hanging it up on the clothes hanger.

--------------------------------------

The bell rang for lunch and the President stood up from his seat, immediately heading out the door before it got too crowded. He rushed up the stairs, not letting the students catch up to him. By the time he got to the roof, he was panting and almost sweating, a dull pain forming in his knee. He saw Hyunjoong leaning on the railing, facing out to the world.

"Hyung?" he called as he walked towards the boy.

"Otter... You came?" the older boy murmured, turning slightly.

"Yeah, of course. You left me this note right?" Youngsaeng questioned, digging into his pocket and taking out the note. "What'd you want to talk about?"

"Let me be frank here," Hyunjoong began, facing the younger boy. "I think we should separate."

The prince stared at him as he felt his heart thumping faster. "W-Why? We just got back together less than a week ago."

"Well, when you said to break up, do you remember my reaction? When I'm saying to break up, you act like it's nothing. You act like nothing's wrong. That time at the party, you were even smiling and laughing with YS and the others," Hyunjoong exclaimed, tears forming in the corner of his eyes.

"Hyung..."

"Did you have any idea how much that hurt me? And just then with Youngmin, you hugged him just like how you hug me."

"Hyung, stop it!"

"You acted like you didn't care!"

"Hyung!!!" Youngsaeng shouted, sharply slapping the boy to shut him up, his breath low and faint as he could feel tears begin to well up. "Hyung, listen to me. Do you think I want to break up? Do you think I ever wanted to break up? No, of course not!"

"I don't know if you feel the same towards me as I do towards you!" the older boy blurted. "I have no idea! You never tell me. Why do you think I feel so insecure like this?"

"You really want me to reveal my feelings?" the otter asked, tears beginning to trickle. "I can tell you then! I don't want you to break up with me! I don't want you to leave me! I don't want us to separate again! I was hurting inside, too! Acting like I was happy, smiling and laughing, my heart felt as if it was going to shatter. I hated it! It ached, it stung, it was painful, okay?"

"Youngsaeng..."

The tears flowed out faster as the prince began to scream. "I hate the fact that I can't see you until lunch! I hate the fact that we're in different classes! I just wanted to keep you to myself! I don't want to stay after school to hold meetings! I only wanted to stay with you and walk home with you like usual couples do! That's all I wanted and needed! Was that too much to ask for? Was that too much...?"

Hyunjoong grabbed the boy's hand and pulled him into his embrace. "Otter, that's enough. That's enough."

The boy sobbed into his lover's dark uniform, clutching onto the coat. "I-I don't want to break up..." he hiccupped through his heavy sobs.

"I get it now... We won't, we won't," Hyunjoong assured, hugging him tighter. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry..."

Youngsaeng stayed there for a while longer before his tears finally came to a stop. He pulled away, rubbing his eyes and wiping the leftover tears away. Hyunjoong reached out and gently caressed his cheek, bringing him closer and connecting their lips as the otter's eyes fluttered closed.

"I'm not ever going to reveal my thoughts like that ever again," the younger boy grumbled bitterly. "It's so embarrassing..."

"No, I like it," Hyunjoong persisted with a smile. "Keep doing that. It makes me feel happy."

"You like it when I cry?"

"No, I like it when you tell me the truth, like what you just did."

"So I'm a liar, now?" Youngsaeng asked.

"Yep~" the older boy grinned. "My pretty, little liar."

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe~ The last line from the T.V. show~~~ (I think...?)