Sleep Over

Fated to Meet You

The week after the festival, as Youngsaeng was walking into the homeroom, Hyunjoong suddenly rushed to him and grabbed his hand, pulling him somewhere quickly.

"Ya! Where are you taking me? Ya!!!" Youngsaeng yelled frantically as he was dragged upstairs. 

They ended up on the roof and finally, Hyunjoong let go. Youngsaeng straightened out his uniform. "What was that about?"

"My mother requested to meet you again today after school," Hyunjoong quickly filled him in. "This time, she wants you to stay over at my house for the night."

"I can't," Youngsaeng protested. "I have to take care of Hachi."

"You can bring him to our house for the night," Hyunjoong assured.

"But he hates going to other people's houses," Youngsaeng argued. "I can't just bring him to an unknown place and expect him to settle there in one night."

"It's just for this one night," Hyunjoong insisted. "Please, or else my mom is really going to all out."

The younger boy sighed. "Fine... I'll try to get Hachi to go, too. When do I have to get there?"

"I'll pick you up 8:00 from your house."

Youngsaeng nodded. "Okay then. Let's go back to class."

After school, Youngsaeng walked home with Hyungjun. 

"I'll see you tomorrow then," Youngsaeng called from the front door. 

Hyungjun nodded and went in. After that, the otter started towards his own house.

After taking Hachi out for a walk, he washed up, ate dinner, and changed his clothes. Right before 8:00, he placed leashed Hachi again and soon, Hyunjoong was there to pick him up. He also brought along his school uniform and his bag since they had school next day.

"Come on," Hyunjoong urged as he opened the door. 

Youngsaeng hurried out with Hachi and locked the door behind him. He got in the car and off they drove.

_________________________________________________

"Annyeonghaseyo," Youngsaeng spoke in his girl voice again, quiet and soft. 

"Annyeonghaseyo Youngmi," the mother of Hyunjoong greeted. "Nice to see you again. How are you?"

"She's been doing great," Hyunjoong replied for Youngsaeng. "We went on a date on Saturday to the aquarium. She can communicate with animals."

"Really?" the woman exclaimed. "You must really love animals."

Youngsaeng, still with his head down, nodded slightly. Hyunjoong's mother smiled. "I assumed that you wanted to sleep with your boyfriend. The room is the second last room to the right."

The little otter smiled and bowed. "Gangsahamnida."

When the two were upstairs with Hachi, Youngsaeng turned to Hyunjoong. "So where should I sleep? I can sleep on the couch since this is your room."

"Just sleep on the same bed as me. It's king-sized anyways, it's not problem."

Hyunjoong gave Youngsaeng an extra set of pajamas and he changed into them. Hachi was carried onto the bed and was already asleep by the time Hyunjoong had finished washing up. 

"Do we have any homework?"

"I don't," Youngsaeng told him. "I finished it already. I don't know if you do though."

"I'm going to go finish my homework. You can do whatever you want."

Youngsaeng didn't say anything and decided to simply go to bed. There was nothing to do anyways. Even with the lights on, he had no trouble falling asleep. 

A few hours later, Hyunjoong finished his homework and yawned sleepily, getting ready for bed. He climbed under the covers and turned to find himself face to face with his "girlfriend". 

"Youngsaeng," he whispered to make sure that boy was asleep. 

There was no response except the steady, faint breathing of the younger boy.

_________________________________________________

Hyunjoong's POV

Youngsaeng looked so sweet while sleeping, unlike when he was awake. He seemed so cold when he was awake, the frown and the cold eyes. He never smiled.

I slowly reached my hand out and lightly his cheek. He twitched slightly at the touch but didn't stir. I could feel my heart begin to beat faster.

"Saengie..." I murmured under my breath, making a new nickname.

I smiled to myself. "Saengie... Heo Sudal (otter)... They both sound nice." 

I found myself staring at the boy a while longer before I entered dreamland.

_________________________________________________

3rd Person

In the morning, Youngsaeng stirred and realized that he was curled up along the arc of Hyunjoong's sleeping position. It was warm and he felt safe, but still, he quickly pulled away. 

Hyunjoong, awoken by the movement, opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Youngsaeng getting up.

"Saengie, you're getting up already?" he murmured, accidentally using the new nickname he had made up last night.

"Saengie...?!" Youngsaeng grumbled. "Don't tell me that's the new nickname. Just call me Youngsaeng, I don't want any nicknames."

"Is it time to get up now?"

The young otter glanced at the clock and nodded. "Yeah, we should get up now. It's already 7:00."

"Only 7:00? We still have an hour and a half. The maids are cooking breakfast and we can get there by car. Let's sleep a while longer."

"You can do that," Youngsaeng said. "I'm getting up now."

He turned to pet Hachi for a few seconds before heading to the bathroom to wash up. 

At school, nothing much happened. Youngsaeng and Hyungjun stuck together, as usual, and the days passed with no major events. 

Hyunjoong continuously requested Youngsaeng to go meet his mother but the debt was nowhere near to being paid off. 

"How much do I still have left to pay?" Youngsaeng asked Hyunjoong three weeks after starting to work as his girlfriend. 

"A lot," Hyunjoong simply answered. "I'm too lazy to count the zeros."

The otter sighed and plopped down onto the couch. "Just when I am going to be able to pay that debt back? I'm going to have to be your fake girlfriend my whole life!!!"

"I'm going to have to get married someday so I don't think so," Hyunjoong prompted as he flipped through a magazine.

"It's almost summer break, are you going anywhere?" Youngsaeng asked him.

"Nope," Hyunjoong said. "Too lazy."

"You're always lazy."

"Well, you never really go out either."

After that, the two were silent. Hachi jumped onto Youngsaeng's lap and curled up. 

"I might be going to visit my aunt in America during the summer," Youngsaeng spoke. 

Hyunjoong shot up. "What?! You're going to America?"

"Probably," the younger boy replied. "My aunt emailed me recently telling me that she wasn't going to be able to come here for a while so she wanted me to go visit her sometime."

"When are you leaving?"

"Well, if I book the tickets now, then I'll be leaving in about two weeks," Youngsaeng confirmed.

"How long are you going for?"

"It depends how long my aunt wants me to stay for," he replied. "I'll be back before school starts though, of course."

"Will..." Hyunjoong started slowly. "Will we still be able to keep in contact?"

"Ah, yes!" Youngsaeng assured as he took out his phone and handed it to Hyunjoong. "Here, type in your phone number. Pass me your phone. We'll exchange numbers and emails."

Suddenly joyful, Hyunjoong quickly slipped his phone out and gave it to Youngsaeng. They exchanged their cell numbers and emails and traded back.

"Aren't long-distance phone calls going to expensive though?" Hyunjoong asked the younger boy.

The otter shrugged. "I guess so but we can also email so it's fine."

"Skype?"

"Fine."

"What's your username?"

_________________________________________________

"Annyeong! See you tomorrow at school!" Hyunjoong exclaimed before heading out the door after a fulfiling dinner.

Youngsaeng nodded and waved. "Annyeong!"

Only after he heard the door click closed did he sigh in relief. Finally. Peace and quiet again. For once, he actually missed this quiet in the house with only him and Hachi.

At 10:00, Youngsaeng didn't want to do anything but sleep. After petting Hachi for a while, he climbed under the covers and fell fast asleep.