Broken

Fated to Meet You

At lunch, Hyunjong didn't go visit Youngsaeng in the room with the others. Jungmin sighed. "What's wrong with him? The new guy called Harry keeps on clinging onto him, saying that he's Hyunjoong's boyfriend and things like that."

Youngsaeng felt a sting in his heart as he didn't answer, just sitting on the couch beside Nara, holding back his tears by biting hard on his bottom lip.

For the rest of the day, the President was absentminded and forgot to pay attention to those around him.

"Youngsaeng. Youngsaeng. President!" Youngmin exclaimed.

The prince snapped out of his daze and quickly looked up at the frustrated boy. "Yeah, yeah? What?"

The blondie huffed. "That's the seventh time today! We were asking whether if we could do a cosplay spirit day next Friday!"

Youngsaeng nodded quickly. "Yeah, sure! That sounds fun!"

Finally, the meeting ended and Youngsaeng trudged home, still out of reality.

"I'm home," he called when he got back, slipping off his shoes. He had to ask Hyunjoong what was going on, why Harry had suddenly said that they were broken up.

He immediately headed upstairs but saw that the older boy was nowhere to be found. Instead, his room seemed emptier than before. All of Hyunjoong's clothes and belongings were gone. He paled and ran out the room.

"Joongie!" he shouted as he dashed downstairs and ran into the living room. "Joongie!"

The boy wasn't in the house. It was as if he had packed up and left without telling him. Hachi, on the couch, yawned shamelessly and jumped off to greet Youngsaeng with a soft whimper. Youngsaeng looked down at him. "Where's Hyunjoong?"

A whine was the answer but Youngsaeng understood. He collapsed onto the ground, tears spilling out when he heard what Hachi said.

"He left."

"No..." Youngsaeng choked as Hachi whimpered again, wanting to comfort his owner as he pawed at the boy. "No... Why? Why did he leave me? I thought he said he'd never leave me. I thought... What's going on?"

That night, the boy didn't have an appetite so he didn't eat. Youngsaeng lay on his bed, feeling the cold, empty space beside him that Hyunjoong used to occupy, his tears trickling down slowly and continuously. He bit his bottom lip and brought his blanket up to his face. "Why did he leave...? Why did he break up? What happened? Does he really like Harry now?"

Youngsaeng couldn't sleep as he tossed and turned in his bed. Only when he felt the warmth of Hachi beside him could he finally close his eyes and let sleep wash over him.

When he woke up, it was only 5 o'clock in the morning but he got up anyway, not wanting to sleep anymore. Hachi yawned and watched as Youngsaeng tread to the washroom then went back to sleep.

The boy headed to the school even though the sun had barely even risen and didn't go to his classroom. Instead, he went over to 2B and opened the door, stepping in. He gazed at the desks, immediately seeing the one Hyunjoong sat in. He smiled as he thought that he could still see the boy staring at him, eyes wide, just like when he had seen him in the girl's uniform. 

Youngsaeng walked over to the desk, gently grazing the cool surface with his fingertips. He pulled out the chair and sat in it, resting his head on his arms on the desk, smiling as he could feel the boy's warmth there. A few moments later, he realized what he was doing and he quickly stood up.

He chuckled coldly. "Who am I kidding?" Tears began to trickle down. "He doesn't love me anymore. I have no right to be here. It hurts... It hurts so much..."

The helpless otter could only squeeze his eyes shut as his tears plopped on the surface, his hand closing into tight fists on the desk. His shoulders were hunched over as he couldn't control his body from trembling.

Later, when Youngmin arrived, the President told the vice president that he wasn't going to make snacks.

"Eh? Why? Youngmin asked curiously.

"I'm... not feeling up for it today," Youngsaeng told him. "You can make them on your own if you want..."

Youngmin smiled. "Alright then~" And skipped into the kitchen.

During class, Mrs. Kim kept on calling Youngsaeng but he didn't answer.

"Youngsaeng!" she exclaimed for the last time.

"Ah! Neh!" the boy replied quickly, snapping out of his trance.

The teacher put her hands on her hips. "What's with you this morning?"

"Jongsahamnida..." he muttered and leaned back on his chair.

Mrs. Kim huffed and turned back to her paper on her desk. "That's already your second time today. Did something happen?"

Youngsaeng shook his head as he fiddled with his hands. "Ani..."

"I don't think you're feeling well. Go to the infirmary," the teacher ordered.

"But--"

"Just go."

The otter stood up and opened the door of the room, walking out, his shoulder sagging. Minwoo sighed as he watched. "Why... does he seem so depressed? Is it something to do with Hyunjoong?"

-----------------------

"Hyunjoong. Hyunjoong. HYUNG!!!" Jungmin finally exploded on his friend.

Hyunjoong blinked and turned to the horse. "Y-yeah?"

The horse sighed and groaned. "Oh my soul... I'm going to die... What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"Hyun~" Harry's voice came from beside him.

Hyunjoong's eye twitched in annoyance as he turned to Harry. "Get away from me."

Harry pouted, acting cute. "Is that anyway to speak to your boyfriend...?"

"Shut up, you're not my boyfriend. I'm only saying that because of that pictures," he hissed.

Harry's gaze darkened as he stood up. "Hey everyon--"

"Harry!" Hyunjoong shouted, shooting up from his seat and pushed the boy back down onto the desk. "Don't you dare."

The boy smirked. "Then admit you're my boyfriend now. Say it."

Hyunjoong clenched his jaw and bit his bottom lip. He looked away.

"What's the matter? Say it already or else I'll tell everyone that you and Youngsaeng are in a relationship," Harry snickered.

"I... I'm your boyfriend..." Hyunjoong grumbled.

Harry grinned and patted the boy on the head, hopping off the desk and plopping down back in his chair. Hyunjoong took a deep breath to try to calm himself down. Without warning, he felt someone tug his shirt from behind. He whipped around to see Jungmin, gesturing him to get closer. He bent down as the boy moved closer to his ear.

"Youngsaeng just ran down the hall," Jungmin whispered, pointing slightly to the window of the classroom.

Hyunjoong nodded and started towards the door. Harry stood up. "Hyun! Where are you going?"

"Washroom."

He opened the door and immediately ran in the direction Jungmin had pointed him in.