The Last Game

Fated to Meet You

Hyunjoong arrived at the roof door and opened it. He looked around and was about to turn the corner, when he heard Youngsaeng's trembling voice followed by a soothing female voice. He peeked a little and saw Youngsaeng sitting against the wall, tightly curled up, with the girl from the 1A class squatting down in front of him, trying to comfort him. He felt his heart sting when he saw the otter in such a state. He resisted the urge to go comfort his lover and stayed pressed against the wall, listening.

"I don't want this anymore..." Youngsaeng cried. "It hurts even more than getting hit by that stupid car... I'd rather get shot than to feel like this."

"Don't say that..." Nara soothed as she gently patted his back.

Youngsaeng hiccupped. "Leave me alone... I just... I just can't right now."

The girl sighed and sat down, cross-legged in front of him. "I'm not going to leave, Youngsaeng. You need someone to be with you. This isn't something you should deal with alone."

Hyunjoong swallowed, feeling tears well up as he continued to eavesdrop.

"Youngsaeng-ah..." Nara started slowly. "Don't think that you have to hide in a corner and suffer by yourself, okay? It's alright to share your pains with others. If it will lessen your own pain, then do it. There's nothing wrong with that."

"I c-can't," the otter stammered, his body wracking in sobs, his lips trembling as he tried to speak clearly.

"Don't talk. Just let it all out."

Youngsaeng buried his face in his knees, hugging them tightly as he kept on weeping, his tears unstoppable again. Hyunjoong exhaled as he leaned his head back onto the wall. He's also hurting... I don't want him to feel like this but I don't want him to lose everything he's worked for either.

"I miss him," the prince managed. "It hurts so much... Every time of day, I'm hurting. I feel like how I felt when she left me alone..."

"She? Who's she?" Nara questioned.

Youngsaeng didn't answer as he tried to stop his tears. Hyunjoong knew who the boy was referring to. His eyes cast down onto the floor. Eunmi noona... He feels like that right now. I want to go to him so badly. I want to just hold him in my arms and kiss him to stop his tears. I don't want to see him lonely and crying again. I promised that I wouldn't leave him alone... Why did that guy have to come? Right when Youngsaeng and I could finally become closer... He came to ruin everything.

Youngsaeng hiccupped and from the corner of his eye, he saw the edge of a dark uniform around the corner. His eyes widened and he quickly got up, dashing over to see if Hyunjoong was there but there was no one.

"Youngsaeng? What is it?" Nara asked, getting up and walking towards him.

The younger boy stared at the empty space in front of him, his tears trickling again. "I guess... it was my imagination... It was, wasn't it? He's not here anymore..."

Nara closed her eyes, shaking her head. No, he was here... I can still sense him nearby. He's... with Harry, behind the door.

Youngsaeng sniffled and walked to the door. "I guess I should go back now..." he murmured.

The girl's eyes widened and she reached out to grab his arm, to stop him but it was too late, Youngsaeng opened the door and stepped in. From the corner of his eyes, he saw two people and he turned. Immediately, his heart shattered. Hyunjoong had Harry pinned to the wall. The older boy's pupils dilated when he saw Youngsaeng looking at them.

Harry smirked. "Aw... You just had to interrupt at the perfect time. Hyun was just about to kiss me."

"Shut up! We were not about to kiss!" Hyunjoong yelled at him and pulled away quickly, glaring at him.

Youngsaeng grit his teeth and looked away, tears boiling at the brim of his eye. Nara took his arm and narrowed her eyes at him as she seethed through her teeth. "You'll go to hell once you die."

Harry acted innocent and furrowed his eyebrows with a pout. "Oh? What do you mean? But I haven't done anything wrong."

Nara huffed and pulled Youngsaeng away. Hyunjoong felt the urge to run after them and pull Youngsaeng away from the girl and into his arms but he couldn't. Harry smiled. "Now where were we?"

Hyunjoong stared icily at him. "This is all we're getting to. Youngsaeng's hurt enough. What more do you want?"

"I didn't care about hurting Youngsaeng," Harry remarked thoughtfully. "I told you already, I want you. That's it. Youngsaeng hurting or not hurting, why should I think about it?"

As the cow listened, he felt anger boiling in his gut as his hands clenched into fists, trembling with fury. This guy reminded him of his mother. He growled at the latter. "You're disgusting. Just seeing you makes me want to puke."

The older boy whipped around and headed down the stairs. Harry took a deep breath as he glared at Hyunjoong's back.