One Step At A Time

Fated to Meet You

At lunch, Hyunjoong headed to the infirmary to pick up Youngsaeng. When he got there, he heard Youngsaeng talking to someone. Not being able to hear a lot, he pressed his ear to the door. 

"What are you doing here?" he thought he heard Youngsaeng say. "Get back to my house."

Who was he talking to? Was it a girl?"

"Come on, just for a little while," he heard the boy say again. He was confused. Why was Youngsaeng talking to himself? Or was it two people with the same voice?

"I didn't agree to this. Go. Now."

Hyunjoong slid open the door and saw Youngsaeng pushing someone with light brown hair outside the window, grumbling curses under his breath and hissing through his teeth. 

"Otter?" he interrupted. 

Youngsaeng jerked upon reflex and quickly gave one last push before the boy finally fell outside. He whipped around and looked down at the ground. "Y-Yeah...?"

"Who was that?" 

"A-A friend," he stammered awkwardly. 

"But you told him to go to your house," Hyunjoong pointed out. 

"You h-heard...?"

Hyunjoong nodded. "Just a little bit though. What does it mean? Are you cheating on me?"

The younger boy quickly shook his head. "No! Of course not! I would never do such a thing!"

"Then who was that boy? Why did you tell him to go to your house? Why did you push him outside the window when I came in? Give me a good reason."

The otter bit his bottom lip and put his hands behind his back, staring down at his feet, thinking hard on what to tell his boyfriend. 

"I... can't tell you..." he finally choked out slowly.

Hyunjoong's eyes widened and pupils dilated. Almost immediately, he his heel and ran out the door of the infirmary. Youngsaeng huffed and shook his head. He should've just told him the truth but then that would reveal that YS was staying at his place. 

"Youngsaeng hyung?" a cute voice came from the door.

The boy looked up to see Hyungjun standing at the doorframe. "Eo, annyeong."

"What's wrong? I just saw Hyunjoong hyung running out of here and heading towards the roof. He looked like he was about to cry. Did you two fight or something?"

"Cry?" Youngsaeng echoed. "Hyung was crying?"

"Almost."

Youngsaeng grit his teeth and began to run out of the room. "Sorry Hyungjun, go find Jungmin and Kyujong to eat your lunch with. I need to have a talk with him."

"Sure thing!"

The otter began to sprint towards the stairs up towards the roof. After a few seconds, he could already feel a dull pain in his knee joint but he ignored it and go to where he wanted before the pain was too much to handle. His eyes flit from corner, wall to wall of the roof to find Hyunjoong. Limping, he quickly walked around, panting and sweating as he searched the place. There. He spotted his boyfriend sitting against the wall in the dark shadows. 

"Hyung!" he exclaimed and approached him. 

"Get away from me!" was the command. 

Startled, Youngsaeng stopped. "Hyung, I'm sorry."

"Go away. Leave me alone," he ordered, looking away. Youngsaeng saw him bring up his hand to his face. 

"You're crying... aren't you?" the otter murmured and began to approach Hyunjoong again. "Hyung, listen to me."

"There's nothing to explain," Hyunjoong shouted at him, this time facing him and glaring into his eyes. "You couldn't tell me what was happening. That basically means that you're cheating on me with another guy."

"I told you that I would never cheat on you!" Youngsaeng shrieked, tears beginning to form in his eyes. "I told you already... I really would never cheat on you so don't think that."

He kneeled down beside the boy and wrapped his arms around him, burying his face in the crook of Hyunjoong's neck. "Believe me, please. There's just a lot on my mind right now. It's hard to explain and cope with. Jebal..."

Hyunjoong closed his eyes and let the warmth of the otter seep into him. "I believe you..." he murmured into the boy's ear as he embraced him, tightly bringing him closer. 

A few seconds later, they heard a growl from below. Youngsaeng pulled out of the hug and looked away with a deep red face. Hyunjoong grinned. "You're hungry, aren't you? I'll go get you some lunch. Stay here to avoid the crowd, okay?"

The otter nodded and sat against the wall as the older boy started towards the cafeteria. A few minutes later, he came back. 

"Otter, here. I hope this is to your liking," Hyunjoong said. 

Youngsaeng looked up at him and the food. It was melon bread. 

"It's okay, I like it," he muttered and took it. "Thanks."