Kim Eunmi

Fated to Meet You

Since the hospital was in too bad of a condition to be used as a hospital, Youngsaeng was discharged and was told to stay at home. Dr. Jung was assigned to check up to do a house check up twice a week to make sure that he was okay.

Youngsaeng's aunt drove the boy back home and made the place comfortable for him but she had to leave. There was still unfinished work back in America.

"How are you going to take care of yourself?" she asked him worriedly. "I won't be there to cook..."

"It's okay," Youngsaeng assured with a smile. "I can cook myself. I can still walk a bit with this leg. I'm sure I'll be able to take care of myself."

"I can ask Hyungjun to come everyday to check up on you," his aunt told him. "I'm sure he'll be more than willing."

"It's really alright."

His aunt stood up. "I don't want you getting hurt again. Just let your friends do the work for you for once, okay?"

Giving up, Youngsaeng nodded.

The day after his aunt left, Hyungjun continuously visited Youngsaeng and made sure to make enough food for him.

"Hyungjun-ah, you don't have to do this," Youngsaeng told his dongsaeng. "I can take care of myself."

"It's okay hyung, I don't have any problem with doing this for a person who saved my life," Hyungjun persisted. "Anyways, you're my best friend."

Youngsaeng sat on the couch and began petting Hachi. "I'm sorry for not being able to walk you..."

All of a sudden, his phone started ringing. It was Hyunjoong. "Yeobeoseyo?"

"Eo, Youngsaeng-ah," Hyunjoong started from the other end of the line. "I want to come over. Is right now a good time?"

"Yeah, there's nothing going on right now."

Right away, someone knocked on the door and the doorbell rang. Hyungjun went to get it. "Hyung!"

"Annyeong Hyungjun. Where's Youngsaeng?"

"He's on the couch over there," Hyungjun told him and let him in.

When Hyunjoong saw Youngsaeng, he felt his heart leap slightly and he grinned as Youngsaeng huffed.

"You were there the whole time, weren't you?" Youngsaeng asked him.

Hyunjoong nodded. "Yep, and all I needed was your permission to come over."

"So, what're you here for?"

"I'm just here to check up on you. Seeing if you're still healthy," Hyunjoong told him. "You've gained a lot of weight recently, though."

"What can you expect? I can't move around because of this leg. Well, I can, but Dr. Jung won't let me."

"What about Hachi?"

"Hyungjun usually brings him outside," Youngsaeng reported.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang again and Hyungjun rushed to get in. He opened it and bowed politely. "Eo, annyeonghaseyo. Who are you here for?"

"Is my son here?" the woman growled.

"You mean Hyunjoong? Yeah, he's right--"

Without waiting for Hyungjun to finish his sentence, Hyunjoong's mother stormed inside and saw Youngsaeng and Hyunjoong sitting side by side on the couch.

"Hyunjoong! How many times do I have to tell you?" Ms. Kim shrieked. "I don't want you near that commoner!!!"

"Don't boss me around," he yelled at her, shooting up from his seat. "Get out!"

"Be quiet Hyunjoong!" she shouted. "You're coming with me!"

Youngsaeng stared at the mother and son in shock. What was happening? He didn't understand a thing. Hyungjun quickly went to Youngsaeng to fill him in. "That time when you were unconscious on the bed, Hyunjoong's mother found out that you two had a fake relationship."

"Ehhh???"

"Youngsaeng saved my life twice!" Hyunjoong screamed at his mother. "He's not a commoner. He's a hero!"

"You're only saying that because you love him!"

The eyes of the otter widened in surprise and he whipped his head around to face Hyungjun. "What is she talking about?"

Hyunjoong grit his teeth and just decided to admit it. "Yeah! I do love him! But he really did save my life twice! It was from the criminals and then from the fire in the hospital."

"You were visiting the hospital, again? I told you not to!"

"I can control my life! You can't!" Hyunjoong yelled at her.

Youngsaeng began to panic. "I have to stop them or else they're going to be at each other's throats. What do we do...?"

"My, my," a female voice came from the doorway. "No wonder you insisted for me to stay in the car."

All of them looked to see an adult girl in high heels walking towards them, her heels going click clack on the floor. Her long, black hair flowing down her back and she wore long white pants along with a long, black jacket which went all the down to her knees. Her eyes were cold and so was her smile. Hyunjoong's mother gasped and so did Hyunjoong.

"Noona?!" Hyunjoong exclaimed in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I just came back from Japan," she explained. "I wanted to see my dearest younger brother again so my mom brought me here but told me to stay in the car. I see that she wanted to prevent me from seeing this scene. I wonder what this commotion is about? Not to mention, in Youngsaeng's house."

"Noona! Say something to eomma! You're the only one who has power over her!" Hyunjoong begged.

"Is that... Eunmi noona...?" Youngsaeng murmured in shock as he tried to stand up but fell back when he felt pain sear through his leg due to his injuries.

Eunmi grinned and swiftly approached the young boy and wrapped her arms around him. "Nice to see you again. I missed you."

"You know this boy?" Ms. Kim asked in disbelief.

Eunmi sat down beside Youngsaeng. "Of course I do. He's my childhood friend from that orphanage. Don't tell me... You were bullying him?"

"No, not at all!"

"Liar! You were calling Youngsaeng a commoner and you were telling me to stay away from him!" Hyunjoong yelled at her. "You even tried to kill him at the hospital."

"Oh?" Eunmi echoed and looked up at her stepmother. "You were trying to kill Youngsaeng. I would've let you off if you were only calling him a commoner but don't you think trying to kill him is a bit much?"

Eunmi stood up but Youngsaeng clutched onto her coat, begging with his eyes for her not to leave. Hyunjoong watched with a hurting chest as Eunmi bent down and kissed the otter on the forehead. "It's okay Saengie, everything will be fine."

She walked over to Ms. Kim and glared at her with her arms crossed in front of her chest. "I wonder what I should do with you..."

Hyunjoong's mother stepped back, her lips in a tight line. "Y-You... wouldn't dare do anything."

"Oh, of course I would dare," Eunmi replied with a cold smirk. "I'm more wealthy than you, I'm more successful in life than you, I can do everything that you can't do. What else is there to say? I'll give you one more chance. One more chance. If you even try to bother Youngsaeng again, you will be extremely sorry. You can go home now and don't come back."

Ms. Kim threw a glare at her stepdaughter and left with a huff. Eunmi sighed and turned around to face Youngsaeng and her stepbrother with a relieved smile. "Well, that's done."

"Thank you noona!" Hyunjoong exclaimed, giving her a big hug.

"Anything for my brother."

"You two are siblings?" Youngsaeng asked curiously.

Eunmi shrugged. "After my grandfather took me in, I was also included into this family and was became known as the stepdaughter of the family. I'm Hyunjoong's stepsister."

"Hyunjoong hyung..." Youngsaeng started. "What did Ms. Kim mean when she said that you loved me...?"

Eunmi smiled. "I'm going to be leaving now. I'll leave you two to discuss about private matters."

"Will I see you again?"

"Of course," Eunmi replied and then turned towards the door. "See ya."

"Then, I'll be leaving now, too," Hyungjun said and hurried out the door after Eunmi, leaving Hyunjoong and Youngsaeng alone.

"Well..." Hyunjoong started softly. "It's true. I love you."