Distance Driven

Fated to Meet You

Youngsaeng led Hyunjoong to a vacant bedroom on the second floor.

"Here, you can use this room," he said. "I'll go get a midnight snack ready."

"Do you have extra pajamas?" Hyunjoong asked.

"I'll get you a set later," the boy answered as he walked away down towards the kitchen.

Hyunjoong chuckled at the sight. Youngsaeng wasn't even in a hurry to take off the skirt or the blouse. Hyunjoong jumped onto the bed. It was soft and bouncy. Lying on it for a while, he stared up at the ceiling until Youngsaeng called him.

He quickly went to the kitchen and the sight took away his breath for the second time that day. Youngsaeng was wearing a white apron with his extensions tied back into a ponytail. He was still wearing the skirt and blouse, too.

"What are you staring at?" Youngsaeng's voice made him snap out of his daze. Youngsaeng was handing him a large bowl of fruit salad. "Here, go put that on the table and eat up."

"Aren't you going to eat, too?"

"I'll eat later. I'm going to wash up first."

With that, Youngsaeng left the dining area and headed upstairs to his room. Hyunjoong stayed at the table and ate with a fork.

Half an hour later, the boy came back down, once again, leaving Hyunjoong in another daze.

Youngsaeng's hair was still dripping wet as he tried to dry it with the towel in his hands. The long pajamas made him look cuter than usual.

"You can go wash up now," Youngsaeng spoke. "I left an extra set of pajamas and a towel in the washroom."

Hyunjoong nodded and dashed upstairs to hide his deep red blush. Youngsaeng sat down in Hyunjoong's spot and started to eat. The whole time, Youngsaeng thought about the girls Hyunjoong might've gone out with. What did he do with them? Did he hold them and kiss them? Did he even let them touch him? 

Realizing that his mind was occupied by Hyunjoong, he quickly shook his head with tightly shut eyes. 

'No! No! No!' he thought urgently. 'What am I doing? Why is he always on my mind? Who cares if he dated other girls? I'm only here as his fake girlfriend, anyways. HIs personal life has nothing to do with me.'

After finishing the fruit, he washed the bowl and forks and then headed to his room to sleep. 

"Youngsaeng," Hyunjoong's voice came from down the hall. 

The young boy poked his head from his room. "Youngsaeng!!!"

"Neh?" came Youngsaeng's voice from his room. 

Hyunjoong opened the door and saw Youngsaeng lying on his bed, reading a book with red-framed glasses on. "Do you want something?"

Hyunjoong opened his mouth to speak but then closed it again and shook his head. "No, it's okay."

He closed the door and leaned on it, catching his breath. What was with that guy? Was he always that attractive? Must be because of the long hair. Just becase of the extensions.

A few minutes later, Youngsaeng turned off the lights and went to sleep. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Hyunjoong was awoken by a ear-piercing scream from right beside him. Covering his ringing ears, he opened his eyes drowsily and saw Youngsaeng scooched away from him in shock. 

"Youngsaeng?" he murmured as he got up, still half-asleep. 

"What are you doing in my bedroom?" Youngsaeng shrieked again, hurriedly jumping off the bed. 

The older boy inhaled and rubbed his eyes. "Oh, last night I couldn't sleep so I decided to come to your room but you were fast asleep... So I decided to just sleep beside you."

"Why didn't you say something?" Youngsaeng asked in annoyance. "Aish... It's only Saturday morning and I'm already pissed off!"

With that, the boy stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. Hyunjoong yawned and felt a little guilty for doing what he did. At the table while eating breakfast, Youngsaeng didn't speak as he was still sulking. 

"Youngsaeng," Hyunjoong started. "I'm really sorry. Please forgive me..."

"What are you going to do to prove to me that you're sorry?"

Hyunjoong thought for a bit. "I'll take you out on a date," he suggested. "Any place you want to go. Just name it and I'll make sure you'll have fun today."

"A date?" Youngsaeng asked. "That means I have to dress up as a girl again?"

The older boy shook his head. "You can just keep your long hair since you look like a girl like that anyways and wear normal clothing."

"I get to decide the place?" 

Hyunjoong nodded enthusiastically. 

"Mmm... I can't decide."

"You can't decide on what?"

"I've always wanted to visit the aquarium, zoo, and the amusement park but we can't possibly go to all three of them in one day."

"We can... but we won't be able to look around as much," Hyunjoong told him. "Why don't we go to one of them today, and the other two some other days?"

"But that'll be three dates," Youngsaeng pouted. "And you told me only one."

Hyunjoong smiled. "It's okay, I'm sure there'll be other times when I'm asking you to forgive me."

"So... today we'll go the aquarium?" the little otter asked. 

"Sure, I'll go book the tickets right away."