Rainbow Jelly

Fated to Meet You

Gradually, Youngsaeng began getting used to his life as President. Most of the time, he was quiet and didn't say much, not showing himself to the others either but when he was needed, he came out powerful, and then collapsing onto a chair or a couch from nerves. But from that day he had announced about no crowding at the door, they never went out for lunch again because he cooked snacks and lunch for them.

"Alright class, we're having a science test today," Mrs. Kim chimed.

Minwoo groaned. "Come on, seonsaengnim... Cut us some slack. We've been completing booklets and doing pop quizzes for the past few days. Now we have a test?"

"That's the best part about being an honor student," she chuckled. "You get continuous work in class but no homework. Being an honor student, that means you're smart and can finish all the homework in class. That gives you more time to study at home, right?"

"I guess so..." Youngmin grumbled. "What chapter is the quiz on?"

"The whole textbook, of course," the teacher told them with a smile.

"Ehhh???" the whole class exclaimed in shock. Well, all except Youngsaeng, who didn't really care.

"Well Youngsaeng-ssi doesn't seem to mind," Mrs. Kim remarked, gesturing towards the calm boy.

"You know him," Donghyun whined with a pout. "He's always calm and stuff, studies well, does almost everything well."

"Let's get on with the quiz," Hyunseong cut in. "The sooner we start, the faster we finish."

Mrs. Kim smiled. "Now that's the spirit. Here's the test. Half are multiple choice questions so there is also a scantron included in the back. The rest, you'll write on the test."

She handed everything out. "You can start once you get the test."

Kwangmin took the paper and immediately began flipping through it, looking at how many questions there were. "Ehh? 50 questions???" he mumbled.

"No talking, please," their teacher sang as she skipped back to her desk.

Youngsaeng looked at his test, filling in his name and the date first before looking at the questions. Ripping the scantron from the back, he began to fill out everything slowly, not caring about the time.

Half an hour later, everyone was done except the president. He was taking his time, coloring the scantron carefully. I hate scantrons... They're so hard to use. If I'm not careful, I'll mess up.

The rest of the boys exchanged glances and watched as the otter checked over his answers, matching everything perfectly with the scantron and then finally standing up to hand it in.

Mrs. Kim was almost finished all the tests by the time he placed his paper on the desk.

"Oh? Youngsaeng, what took you so long?" the woman asked him, taking his scantron and placing it into the machine to scan.

"You'll see," was the blunt reply as he walked away.

"That test was easy," Hyunseong bragged with a laugh. "I bet I got nothing wrong."

The rest of the students agreed. "I finished it in a blink of an eye," Minwoo exaggerated. "I didn't even need to think."

Youngmin grinned and called the President over. "Hey, what took you so long to finish the test?"

Youngsaeng just shrugged, not answering. They saw Mrs. Kim stand up from her desk, studying the scantrons with a confused look on her face as she carried the tests over to the podium.

"Who got the highest mark?" Minwoo asked excitedly, positive that he had gotten perfect.

"Well..." the teacher began, putting on her glasses and looking at the test results. "All of you got half of it perfect, that's for sure. But for the multiple choice... All of you got at least one wrong, except for Youngsaeng. He was the only one who got perfect on it."

"What?!" Kwangmin exclaimed in surprise. "But I'm sure I filled in everything correctly."

"The scantron probably made a mistake somewhere. If you don't erase something properly, it takes that as an answer. You knew that didn't you, Youngsaeng?" she looked at the otter who had set his head on his arms on the desk. "On your scantron, I don't even see any faint pencil marks. It looks like nothing's been erased."

"Well, I took longer than I usually do, didn't I?" the prince commented, closing his eyes. "That's why I don't like scantrons."

"Everyone learn from Youngsaeng, okay?" Mrs. Kim scolded. "I don't want you guys making anymore of these mistakes. You have no chance of getting one hundred percent on your report card because of this mistake."

"Come on, Mrs. Kim," Youngmin complained. "Just let us off this time..."

"Nope, just because you're honor students doesn't mean you can take it easy. That's all for now. After lunch, I will give you a few more worksheets," the teacher announced and went back to her desk to enter the marks.

The prince sighed and stood up, heading towards the kitchen. Everyone watched as he left. After he disappeared through the door, did they turn back to each other.

"How does he do that?" Hyunseong questioned in disbelief. "I was confident that I had gotten perfect."

"That guy's just unpredictable!" Jeongmin muttered.

All of a sudden, they heard the rolling of wheels from behind them. They turned and saw the President coming out the kitchen with a trolly. On it, there was a giant bumpy white sheet, veiling something underneath.

They all clapped in excitement, wanting to see what the snacks were this time.

Hee took off the white sheet, revealing cups of rainbow colored jelly with decorations and a small tuft of whip cream on top. Their jaws dropped all the way to the ground in shock.

"Whoa! How much did all this cost? Is your family also rich?" Minwoo exclaimed.

"No, I didn't buy this, I don't have that much money," Youngsaeng replied. "I made it in the morning in the kitchen."

"You made this?!" Kwangmin shouted and almost fainted from all the shock he was receiving that day.

They all crowded around the cart, inspecting the glasses of rainbow jelly.

"It looks so perfect..." Jeongmin praised in awe. "Are you sure you made this?"

"Of course I did," Youngsaeng responded frankly. "How else could I have gotten it? Try it."

They each took a cup and a spoon, carefully scooping up a little bit and sliding it into their mouths. Hyunseong's mouth widened. "This is so good! You used real fruit, didn't you?"

"Yeah, I had to buy a lot of stuff these days," the otter confessed awkwardly. "It was a lot to carry but it was fun, I guess."

Everyone was smiling as they ate this. Youngsaeng took one of the glasses and went over to Mrs. Kim. "Seonsaengnim, here's one for you."

"Oh, it's really alright," Mrs. Kim laughed, shaking her head.

"No, take one," the prince insisted. "All of the others are saying it's good. You should eat some, too. I made enough for all of us."

"Oh, okay," the teacher sighed and took it. "Thank you very much."

Youngsaeng watched with intent as she took a little bit and tasted it. A smile lit up and the otter breathed a sigh of relief. "Wow! This is incredible! You made this?"

"Neh... From now on, I'm going to be cooking snacks and lunch for the honor class. If you would like to join us, you are welcome to."

"Do I want to? Of course I do!" Mrs. Kim exclaimed. "Your cooking is extraodinary. You wouldn't mind if I looked into your past records, would you?"

"No, of course not."

Youngsaeng bowed and went to take his own glass. All of a sudden, he thought of Hyungjun and the others. Perhaps they wanted some. I can give one to Hyungjun... I made too much so there's one more... so I have enough to give to two of them if I don't eat mine... Will that be enough?

"Hyung! Can I have more than one?" Kwangmin asked him as he tapped him on the shoulder.

"No, you can't," Youngsaeng said coldly and looked at the clock, it was almost lunch time. I'd better go now if I want to give it to them.

Kwangmin pouted when he saw the boy take the extra two glasses of rainbow jelly.

"I'm heading out for a little while," the otter informed them.

"You're not eating any?" Donghyun asked.

"No, I'm not hungry."

Youngsaeng exited the room. The halls were empty as everyone was still in class. He headed over to room 1B with the glass of rainbow jelly, which wasn't far from his room but it was halfway across the school. As he passed the window, he noticed that all the student inside the classrooms began staring at him. Oh shoot... I have to hurry.

When he got to his destination, class still wasn't dismissed so he stayed outside the door until he heard the bell ring. Suddenly, the door opened and he ended up face to face with one of the girl students. 

"Ahh!!! It's Youngsaeng!!!!" the girl squealed loudly and attracted enough attention for a bunch of students to come rushing to the classroom.

Youngsaeng looked in through the crowd and saw Hyungjun standing there in surprise at his desk. "Hyungjun-ah," he shouted and hurried over, the students watching what he was doing with the rainbow jelly.

"Hyung!" the brunette exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

He smiled. "I wanted to give you this. I made it this early morning and I had two more extra so I wanted to give it to you and one of the others."

"Wow! You made this?" the boy asked in surprise. "That's amazing!"

"Youngsaeng..." they heard a voice from behind them.

The otter turned to see Hyunjoong standing a few feet away. Youngsaeng suddenly felt a sting in his chest when he saw the boy as his mind began asking how he should act over and over again. He forced himself to grin brightly and tried to talk normally. "I... made rainbow jelly for the snacks today and there were extra so I wanted to give some to you guys."

"Hyung!" Hyungjun called. "Do... Do you want to eat with us today?"

Youngsaeng smiled sadly. "I'll eat with you guys another time, or instead, you can come to the room sometime. I don't think you would want so much attention while eating. It feels awkward, I must admit. For now, I think I should go back to my room. I promised I'd cook lunch for the other boys."

"Eh? Cook lunch?" another voice came from the door.

It was Kyujong and Jungmin.

"How are you going to cook lunch?" Jungmin questioned curiously.

"There's a kitchen connected to our room," Youngsaeng told him. "So I'm cooking it there. You guys can share the rainbow jelly. Sorry, I only had two left. I'm going now. See ya."

He quickly turned away and ran out of the room, wanting to calm down his racing heart. The crowd followed him. He suddenly stopped when he saw a girl at the door, holding something of what seemed like a small blue gift bag. She saw him, her eyes widening in surprise, and she turned away and ran.

Who is she? What was she doing? Whatever, I doubt it's that important.

He shrugged it off and went inside the room to prepare lunch.