The Party: Part 1

Fated to Meet You

The next day, sure enough, Hyunjoong came to pick up Youngsaeng and Hyungjun together from Youngsaeng's house.

"Annyeonghaseyo," both boys greeted as they climbed into the van.

Kyujong and Jungmin were already sitting inside with Kyujong sitting at the front with Hyunjoong driving.

"Is Youngsaeng the boy you're dating?" Jungmin asked Hyunjoong.

"We're not really dating," Youngsaeng filled in frantically.

Kyujong grinned. "Don't worry, hyung's told us all about it. You're dating him because you broke a vase and you're paying back, right?"

Youngsaeng looked down at his feet in embarassment, nodding. They sat down and put on their seat belts.

"Where are we going first?" Youngsaeng asked the driver.

"Giving you a make-over, of course," Hyunjoong told him.

"Oh! We're really looking forward to seeing you as a girl," Jungmin exclaimed excitedly. "Hyunjoong said that you're reeeeally beautiful when you have make up on and stuff."

Youngsaeng blushed and fidgeted. "Well... Not that much..."

"Hyung, you're going to dress up as a girl for this party, right?" Hyungjun asked his best friend with concern.

The otter nodded.

"It's okay," Hyungjun whispered. "I'll help you carry your runners in case you can't stand the heels anymore."

Youngsaeng smiled at his dongsaeng. "Thanks a lot. I really need that."

"That's what friends are for."

"Aww... Look at this sweet moment," Kyujong cooed loudly, purposely trying to make Hyunjoong jealous. "Hyungjun and Youngsaeng are so close... I think they match better than you and Youngsaeng."

"W-We're just friends!" Hyungjun exclaimed in panic. "There's no small hidden relationship behind this. We've known each other since--"

"Relax, relax," Jungmin cut in with a playful chuckle. "Kyujong's just joking. He loves to tease Hyungjoong hyung."

Hyungjun blushes, embarassed by his sudden panicked reaction. Youngsaeng smiled and patted him on the back. "They're good people, don't worry."

Soon, they were at the salon and all of them went in. Hyunjoong checked his watch, he was right on time for his appointment. Youngsaeng was whooshed upstairs while the others waited.

"Hyungjun, do you also want a make-over?" Jungmin offered. "We can pay for you."

The younger boy shook his head quickly. "No, it's alright. I'm only accompanying Youngsaeng hyung to the party. I'm not really an important figure to care about."

"You have to at least let us get you a formal suit," Kyujong suggested. "It's a formal party."

Hyungjun stared down at his feet, feeling ashamed for not wearing something formal as he held back tears. Jungmin laughed and rubbed his back. "It's okay Hyungjun, we'll pay for everything we think you might need. In case you don't know, we're pretty wealthy."

Hyungjun looked up at Jungmin with wide eyes. "But you don't need to."

"I don't need to, but I want to."

The brunette had no argument against that and fell silent.

"Then it's decided," Kyujong announced. "While Hyunjoong hyung is fitting Youngsaeng into a dress, we'll go and fit you into a suit."

Jungmin, Kyujong and Hyunjoong all laughed and talked in the waiting room for two hours with Hyungjun awkardly sitting aside, not knowing how to join the conversation.

"Hyungjun, come and talk," Jungmin invited with a smile. "We don't bite, don't worry."

"Oh, did you know? Jungmin's known as a horse," Hyunjoong chuckled. "Park Mal~~~"

"Eo? Waeyo?" Hyungjun asked curiously.

"He looks like one," Kyujong blurted and bursted out laughing.

Hyungjun also chuckled a bit. "Then what's Hyunjoong hyung?"

"He's a cow," Jungmin immediately spoke. "Or he also might be a dog."

"How about Kyujong hyung?"

Hyunjoong and Jungmin looked at each other, not knowing what Kyujong was supposed to be. They stared at Kyujong, in deep thoughts. They were cut off by a high pitched squeal. "He's here!"

The two snapped out of their thoughts and they all looked up to see Youngsaeng shuffling into the room, eyes on the ground in embarrassment. He looked even more dazzling than before. His hair was a little bit longer than before and he wore another thin layer of make up with the usual eye liner, mascara and foundation with a little blush.

"Hyung..." the baby started. "Is that really you...?"

Youngsaeng smiled lightly. "I guess so. Not really me but more like Hyunjoong's girlfriend."

Jungmin elbowed Hyunjoong to stop staring. "Ya! Go take care of him!" he hissed urgently. "What are you doing, standing here and in a daze?"

Hyunjoong blinked and mentally slapped himself. Nervously, he approached Youngsaeng and took his arm. "Let's go, since you're done. You need to get a dress."

Youngsaeng was, like last time, quickly dragged out of the salon and pushed into the van.

"Ya! What are you doing?" he exclaimed in annoyance. "We didn't even say bye!"

Kyujong chuckled. "Oh, Hyunjoong hyung was probably pissed off that you were attracting so much--"

Hyunjoong hurriedly covered his dongsaeng's mouth with an awkward smile. "No, it's nothing like that. I was just in a bit of a hurry because I thought we were running out of time."

"But... you have a watch. Jungmin and Kyujong both have a watch. So does Hyungjun," Youngsaeng remarked.

"I forgot."

Huffing, Youngsaeng crossed his arms and leaned back onto the seat. Hyungjun linked arms with his hyung, putting his head onto Youngsaeng's shoulder and closing his eyes. "I'm tired... I'm going to take a nap."

The long-haired boy giggled. "Go ahead. I won't bother you."

Hyunjoong began to feel a little annoyed and angry towards Hyungjun. What the heck was he doing to his girlfriend? Linking arms? Leaning on the shoulder? That was what he and Youngsaeng-- Suddenly, he realized that he was actually thinking that Youngsaeng was his real girlfriend.

Once again, mentally slapping himself, he thought, 'What the heck am I doing? Come on, Hyunjoong, get it back together'.

With the rhythm of the bumps on the road and the silence in the car, Youngsaeng's eyelids felt heavy and he struggled to stay awake but it was no use. He also fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Youngsaeng hyung! Youngsaeng hyung!" a voice came from outside his dreams.

Slowly stirring, he opened his eyes to see Hyungjun calling him. "Youngsaeng hyung! We're arrived at the clothes store. Come on."

Still half-asleep, Youngsaeng yawned and got out of the car, suddenly refreshed by the whoosh of cool air.

"Youngsaeng," Hyunjoong started as he walked around the car towards the boy. "Awake now?"

The otter absentmindedly nodded and followed the others into the store. He, Hyunjoong, and Kyujong went to the dresses section while Jungmin went to pick out a good, fitting suite for the youngest boy there.

Hyunjoong looked at the mannequins, trying to decide on the dresses. There was one with glitter and sparkles, bright red. Taking it from its section, he handed it to Youngsaeng. "Here, go try this on."

Youngsaeng took it and headed to the change room.

"Youngsaeng! Try this one on too!" Kyujong called, hurrying after him.

"Two?"

The older boy nodded and Youngsaeng took it. After a while, the boy came out with the first dress on, shifting uncomfortably.

"Wow, stunning," Kyujong praised, admiring at how the line of the dress fit onto Youngsaeng's body form.

But Youngsaeng felt the opposite. He was in his stomach like his life depended on it.

"Hyung... I think I'm going to suffocate and die if I keep wearing this dress," he remarked, all of a sudden feeling sick.

"Go change into the other one," Hyunjoong quickly told him and pushed him back into the change room.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the store, Hyungjun and Jungmin were bickering. 

"I think this one is better. It's black and white, which is the best formal wear!" Jungmin insisted.

"But that one looks about the same and its cheaper!" Hyungjun argued back. "That one's better."

"This one's better quality. That's why it's more expensive."

"It's expensive because of the brand. The cheaper one might also be really good quality."

"If you're thinking that the cheaper, the better, you're wrong. For us, rich people, it's the more expensive, the better. It's better quality. I've had experience."

Hyungjun pouted. "I've had that experience, too. I'm telling you, it's the brand."

"Excuse me," a man interrupted from beside them. "Do you two need help with anything?"

Hyungjun and Jungmin turned to see one of the helpers in the store.

"This guy--" they started simultaneously and looked at each other, slightly glaring.

"Don't copy me!" they said together again. "Ya! Stop copying me!"

With that, their glares got even worse, like daggers. Finally, they were able to speak without unison.

"This guy wants to buy the more expensive one and he's saying that it's better quality," Hyungjun blurted.

"Hyungjun thinks the cheaper one is better quality," Jungmin exclaimed. "How can anyone think that the cheaper one is better quality???"

"Sirs..." the helper started, "The brand you're holding is the same, the fashion is the same, the color is the same, the size also looks like its the same and the price is also the same... It's just that the price tag of the suit this young man is holding," he explained, gesturing to Hyungjun, "Has fallen off and the price he read was the VIP price."

"Eh???" Jungmin gasped and hurried over to Hyungjun's suit.

The tag shone like gold as it had a different price on it but had extremely tiny letter at the top right corner saying 'VIP Pricing'.

Jungmin laughed awkwardly and bowed to the helper. "Well, thank you very much."

The man nodded with a relieved smile. "I'm grateful to be of service. I hope you two will choose a fitting suit."

After the man left, Jungmin and Hyungjun looked at each other.

"Well, it doesn't matter which one we get, does it?" Jungmin asked.

"Well, let's go then," Hyungjun said, carrying his suit towards the dresses section to meet up with the others.

"Hold it right there," the horse commanded.

"What is it?" the baby said, turning.

Jungmin held up his suit. "We're taking this suit, aren't we?"

"No, we're taking this one," Hyungjun told him, pointing at the suit he was holding.

"But this one looks better. Cleaner and finer."

"No, this one looks like it's better quality."

"I say this one."

"This one!"

"No, this one's way better! Look at you, there's dust on it already."

"Yours has weird carpet fur," Hyungjun persisted. "Mine's better."

"No! We're taking mine!"

"Mine!"

............................................................................................................

On the other side of store, in the dresses section, Youngsaeng was endlessly trying on dresses while Hyunjoong and Kyujong tried to decide on which was best.

"If the dress is too tight, my mom wil notice that he has no s," Hyunjoong pointed out.

"No, but we're going to cover that with the fur vest or the jacket, right?" Kyujong remarked.

"But also, his figure is going to show..."

"Let's just get a long jacket then."

Youngsaeng twitched his eyebrow in frustration. "Are you two done yet? I'm dying here!!!"

He was wearing a slightly loose royal purple dress that went well onto the ground. Like a traditional Chinese dress for females, it had slits that went up to his mid-thigh on each side, making it easier to move.

The two talked a few minutes more and then nodded.

"Okay, we'll get this one," Hyunjoong decided finally.

"Thank goodness," Youngsaeng breathed and went back into the changing room to get out of the dress.

After he came out, the two boys took his to the shoes section where they spent another hour trying out heels.

"That ones too high!!!" Youngsaeng shrieked when he saw Hyunjoong bring out shoes with heels about 5 inches tall with super skinny supporters. "I will never wear that one."

Kyujong took out another one. "How about this one?"

"Too skinny."

"This one?"

"Too showy."

"This one?"

"Ugh... What the heck is that?"

"How about this one?"

"No, what's wrong with your fashion sense???"

"Um, this?"

"Don't even think about it."

Hyunjoong plopped down on the couch next to the sulking Youngsaeng, exhausted. "Then which one do you want?"

Youngsaeng stood up and looked around by himself, without the comments of the two others. After a while, he spotted the perfect heels. Not very high, only about 1 inch and the design was cool. He took the shoes and showed it to Kyujong. "Can we get this one?"

"Try it on," Hyunjoong told him.

He did so but it didn't fit exactly.

"Is there a different size?" Youngsaeng asked. "This one's a little too big..."

Kyujong looked at the boxes and picked a smaller one. "Here. Try this one."

It fit pretty well and Youngsaeng nodded. "Yeah, this one's good."

Hyunjoong packed it back into a box and headed towards the counter while checking his watch.

"We have one more hour until the party," he told Youngsaeng and Kyujong. "That should be enough time."

"Wait!" Kyujong suddenly interrupted. "The long jacket."

They rushed to the jacket section and quickly picked out one to match the dress. Hyunjoong nodded in satisfaction and when they got to the counter, they saw a sulking baby with a wide-grinning horse beside him. Youngsaeng went up to them. "Did something happen?"

Hyungjun's nose twitched. "I didn't want to get that suit but Jungmin hyung just had to!"

"Suit? Why didn't you want to get one?"

"He did," Jungmin explained. 'We had a little disagreement on which one to buy and I won."

"Hey! It's just because it was you that was paying so you got to decide!" Hyungjun yelled at him in frustration.

Youngsaeng chuckled. "Haha~ Baby hates losing. You can't blame him."

The older boy hugged his dongsaeng tightly with an angelic smile, patting his back to comfort him. "It's okay, it's just this once. Jungmin just wanted to do the best for you."

Hyungjun pouted and huffed. "Eo..."

Hyunjoong watched as Youngsaeng comforted the brunette, his jealousy burning again.

"Hyung, can you pay for this first before you go and get all crazy over Youngsaeng?" Kyujong reminded him.

"Oh right! I'll get right onto that."