Visitors

Fated to Meet You

"Dongsaeng~" his stepsister sang as she entered the room a few days later, skipping happily, a dazzling aura around her.

Hyunjoong faked a smile. "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Guess what? I've already planned the party," Eunmi reported excitedly. "It's going to be blast! There's going to be music, chocolate fondue, a bunch of delicacies, the best pastries and all your friends are going!"

"Oh? Who?"

"I've told you already. Jungmin, Kyujong, SS501, Hyungjun, and guess what? Even Youngsaeng is coming."

The cheerful smile he had worked so hard on immediately faded. "Y-Youngsaeng agreed to go...?"

The older girl nodded. "Isn't that great? Oh, I'm so excited! Aren't you?"

Hyunjoong faked another laugh and a smile. "Yeah! Of course I am. I want to get better as soon as possible."

Eunmi suddenly stopped laughing and furrowed her eyebrows. She sat down on the stool, her expression serious. Hyunjoong stared at her, acting a little confused. "What's wrong?"

She sighed and shook her head. "Did something happen between you two?"

He chuckled awkwardly. "What do you mean? Of course nothing happened!"

"Are you sure? You seem... A little more depressed than usual..."

"No, no. Nothing happened," he assured her. "Now go and prepare for the party. I have to rest in order to recover."

She nodded with a bright smile. "Okay then. Annyeong dongsaeng~~~"

After he heard the door close, he buried his face in his knees, beginning to sob again when he thought about Youngsaeng. What do I do now? What do I do? What do I do?

At 4 o'clock, Jungmin, Kyujong and Hyungjun went over to visit.

"Aish~ It's so strange," Jungmin started in annoyance. "Youngsaeng ignores me and Kyujong hyung like he doesn't know us. The only one he ever talks to is Hyungjun, now. He barely even cares about the boys and girls surrounding him anymore. He just ignores them as if no one's there."

The brunette nodded. "Mmhmmm... It's kind of weird..."

"So today's your last day, right?" Kyujong asked. "I'm going to the party. Is Youngsaeng going?"

Hyunjoong didn't answer and his eyes were bloodshot. Jungmin sat onto the stool and looked at his face. "Hey... Did something happen?"

"You don't look so good..." Hyungjun murmured worriedly. "I think you should get some rest."

The older boy nodded and lay back down, covering his head with the blanket and turning away from his friends.

"I think something went wrong between him and Youngsaeng," Jungmin muttered and leaned back down to Hyunjoong. "Hyung, tell us what happened. We can help."

The cow uncovered his face, tears trickling down. "We... broke up."

"Ehhh?????" Hyungjun and Jungmin both exclaimed in shock.

Kyujong sighed and put his hand on Jungmin's shoulder. "Well, well. What are you going to do now? I knew we should've told Youngsaeng to come to the hospital."

"He did," Hyunjoong cut in. "He did come."

"Oh? When?" Jungmin questioned curiously.

"At night, after visiting hours."

"So he was the angel?" Jungmin echoed.

"A few days ago, he came again but said that it was his last visit. He broke up with me. He even gave me back that bracelet."

"The one we helped you choose out?" Kyujong questioned, his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah..."

Hyunjoong buried his head in his knees again, not wanting his friends to see him cry but he couldn't stop his body from shaking. Jungmin tried to comfort him by patting his back and whispering comforts into his ear.

"Is he going to the party though?" Kyujong asked.

Hyunjoong nodded. "I don't know how I'm going to face him anymore. I just have don't know..."

"Don't worry," Jungmin assured softly. "We'll help you redeem yourself, okay? I thought you two would have no chance of breaking up... Just what happened...? Was that kiss really that bad?"

"I don't think it was about the kiss," Kyujong remarked. "I think it was about something else. Something deep inside Youngsaeng."

"Like what?" Hyungjun came.

"How am I supposed to know?" Kyujong exclaimed in surprise. "I'm not a... a psychic!"

"Hyung, do you want to rest?" Hyungjun asked the boy on the bed.

Hyunjoong nodded again and covered himself with the blanket again.

"We'll come back tomorrow to pick you up, okay?" Kyujong told him and then turned away. "Rest well, hyung."

"Bye hyung!" Hyungjun said and hurried out the door.

The boy was left alone in peace and quiet. He sighed and closed his eyes. Perhaps that break up was just a dream. Youngsaeng wouldn't break up with me like that. That day was surely a dream. Just a dream. It was just a dream.