Jealous Much?

Fated to Meet You

"Otter!" a voice shouted from behind.

The boy turned around to see his boyfriend running towards him waving a magazine with a huge grin printed on his face, his eyes sparkling in the sun. The otter slowed down to let Hyunjoong catch up.

"Why did you come from there today?" Youngsaeng questioned curiously as Hyunjoong usually walked into the school the opposite way of him.

"I went to the bookstore today," Hyunjoong explained excitedly, bouncing up and down. "And I saw this magazine. Look! It has YS in it!"

Youngsaeng stared at Hyunjoong as he took the papers and looked at the cover. It really was YS. "Um...  So why are you so excited? You like YS better than me?"

"No! Of course not!" the older boy exclaimed with a pout. "Since you and YS look like twins except with different hair color, I've decided to put the pictures up so that I'm looking at you every day!"

"But you won't be looking at me, you'd be looking at YS everyday," Youngsaeng pointed out.

"I feel warm and happy when I see your face," Hyunjoong told him, causing the younger boy's cheeks to turn light pink as his heart beat slightly faster. "So since YS looks like you, I can look at him instead to see you. You won't let me take any pictures anyways. Also, you never smile for me while YS is almost always smiling in these photos."

Youngsaeng cocked his head to the side and gazed at his boyfriend. "So you're saying that you're going to hang these pictures up in your room and stare at them everyday?"

He nodded enthusiastically. Youngsaeng huffed and held the magazine at the top with both hands, ripping it in half. Hyunjoong's eyes widened and tried to stop the otter. "Ya! What are you doing? I just bought that. It's the new edition."

"So that basically means that you have more of these?" Youngsaeng asked, his eyes cold as he looked up into the older boy's eyes.

Gulping nervously, Hyunjoong nodded. Youngsaeng finished ripping the whole magazine in half and dropped it onto the ground. "I'm already your boyfriend so keep your eyes on me. Don't go looking at other guys."

"Otter... Are you jealous...?"

The younger boy didn't answer and turned around, beginning to walk towards the school, wanting hiding his embarrassed light pink expression. Hyunjoong quickly scooped up all the loose papers on the ground and hurried after the otter.

When they got to the school gates, a girl suddenly squealed. "It's him!!!"

Youngsaeng and Hyunjoong frowned in confusion as they walked into the school grounds and turned to see a huge group of girls wth a few girls beginning to run towards them.

"What's going on...?" Youngsaeng murmured and let his eyes flit from corner to corner, trying to discover what the girls were running towards.

But then, to their surprise, the girls and boys began crowding around him and pushing Hyunjoong away from him. Youngsaeng stayed awkwardly in the middle, trying to see over the sea of students of where Hyunjoong had gone.

"Ahhh~ He looks exactly like him!" a girl exclaimed in excitement.

"He's so cute~" another girl screamed.

"What's your name?" a girl squealed from the back.

"What year are you?"

"Hyung!" Youngsaeng yelled, ignoring the screaming girls and boys.

"Otter!" he saw Hyunjoong waving from the side.

"Help me! I can't get out. I don't know what's going on!"

Hyunjoong pushed through the crowd and grabbed onto Youngsaeng's arm and then beginning to run towards the school building. The group followed them but two people were faster than 30 so he got to classroom a lot quicker. Panting, Youngsaeng collapsed into his seat. "What the heck is going on...?"

"They all think you look like YS and now you're attracting fans," Hyunjoong filled in. "That's probably about it."

"But they had no interest in me before."

"But you look like an idol and now they've realized that you're actually special and you're really cute," the older boy said truthfully.

Youngsaeng looked down shyly, shrugging his shoulders and holding back a smile.

"You really are cute," Hyunjoong complimented and wrapped his arms around him, hugging him tightly. "Don't show that embarrassed expression to anyone else, okay? Just me."

The otter blushed as he nodded slightly and closed his eyes, resting his head on his boyfriend's shoulders. Hyunjoong could feel his heart beginning to pump faster but it felt comfortable. It felt as if they had gotten a bit closer.

Without warning, they could hear a thunder of footsteps from down the hall. The group appeared at the door and screamed when they saw Youngsaeng and him together. He didn't know whether is was a happy scream or a terrified scream but he didn't care. He pulled away from the younger boy and stood up. The otter reluctantly backed away, his eyes showing disappointment.

Hyunjoong smiled and kneeled down again, looking from under him at his eyes. "Otter, don't worry, okay? Just stay near me and everything will be fine."

A little bit reassured and feeling more secure, Youngsaeng nodded. As soon as Hyunjoong moved away to his own desk, the students fought their way in and crowded around Youngsaeng and his desk, hiding the otter from view of the older boy. He felt a little worried because Youngsaeng wasn't much of a social person and this would be a little too much for him but he also felt a slight pang of pain in his heart as his love was being fought over by others. Suddenly, he heard a girl asked, "Do you want to go out with me?"

He slammed his hands on his desk and shot up from his desk, causing everyone to fall silent and look at him. "He's already in a relationship! He can't go out with any one of you!"

"You're just jealous because you don't have the courage to ask him something like this," a boy sneered and turned back to the slightly frightened boy. "You're really cute. Wanna hang out sometime?"

The otter didn't answer and hid his hands under his desk so that the students wouldn't see them trembling. There were so many eyes on him, so many questions, so many voices, he couldn't take it all in. He could feel tears beginning to well up in his eyes and tried to hold them back. All of a sudden, he felt a hand grab his upper arm and drag him up and out of the classroom.

"Ya! Where are you taking him?" the many voices shouted from the room but Hyunjoong rushed out of the classroom and down the hall towards the infirmary.

Youngsaeng could only release his tears for he couldn't hold them back anymore. When they got there, the older boy pulled him behind the curtain and embraced the crying younger boy.

"I-It's scary..." his boyfriend whimpered. "I h-hate it... It's so sc-scary."

Hyunjoong gently smoothed his back, comforting him. "It's okay, it's okay. They're not here anymore. Everything's fine now... Stop crying."

He couldn't even imagine how terrifying it might've been for Youngsaeng. Since he was bullied badly when he was small, it must've been traumatizing and this many people crowding around him brought back unwanting memories.

Soon, no more sound came from the boy except the soft inhaling and exhaling. Hyunjoong carefully lay the otter onto the bed and covered him with the blanket. There were still a few tears trickling but the older boy wiped them all away. Bending down, he pecked Youngsaeng on the forehead. "I'll come back for you at lunch. Just sleep until then, okay? I love you."

He went back to the classroom, leaving Youngsaeng fast asleep on the bed.